Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I think I posted this a month ago after you had played us also. There is zero chance of you going down. You are way too organized and have team spirit.

:thup:  this has been the case all season tbh; i was saying through our shitty run that we neither looked a team that wasn't playing for the manager we just had players that weren't good enough, and really even during that run our performances weren't terrible either we just couldn't score goals or keep clean sheets

rafa is the fucking man

Guest Howaythetoon

Let’s not tempt fate, I knew we were down when fans were singing cheerio and going down after beating Boro 3-1 when we first went down. Karma...

5 more points should do it!

HTT man :lol: It would need an NUFC collapse of cataclysmic proportions and an upturn in form that would see Soton win like 4 games in 7 after winning 1 in the previous 14.

Kick your feet back and enjoy the run in.

The one worry I have is that the only should win game we have left is West Brom. That said i'd be very surprised if the team gets six defeats from the other games the way they are playing at the moment.

Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea may all well have something to play for. As for the others well they could easily throw in the towel now. Leicester may try and go for that 7th place finish, however as I said in the pre-match thread, we can go there without needing to attack and Leicester won’t be able to hit us on the counter, which is the only way they can break teams down. We will face an aged Everton squad managed by Fat Sam at the end of the season with nothing to play for, doesn’t exactly sound threatening. A Watford team who will have nothing to play for and with a manager who will be close to the end of his stint at the club. We will also have a game against a WBA who gave up half way through last season.

Not only this but we also have a chance of coming up against ‘shit Arsenal’ who are inbetween important Europa League games, as well as possibly playing Spurs and Chelsea teams who both have nothing to play for and who will have international players who won’t want to risk getting an injury ahead of the World Cup.

really hope brighton and huddersfield stay up like, don't really have time for wagner or anything else about huddersfield but they've both had a decent go at it this season

Me too to be honest. Neither have been here for ages, their fans deserve another year at least. Don't mind Wagner to be honest and also Hughton  :love:

Stoke need to go, they've been a placeholder for years. Southampton I would like for thinking they are too good to go down (genuniely saw someone on their board say they should be happier with teams like Bournemouth and Watford dropping points against the bottom 6 because they could still finish 10th, the day before they lost to us 3-0. If you haven't worked it out by then you deserve to go down). West Ham just for lols (and potential to do better next season) would be good but it won't happen.

Guest chopey

I'm so pleased with our current form but I'm still a bit concerned what would happen if one of the bottom three went on a good run because with our remaining fixtures we will struggle to hit 40 points

I'm so pleased with our current form but I'm still a bit concerned what would happen if one of the bottom three went on a good run because with our remaining fixtures we will struggle to hit 40 points

We've 12 points from our last 7, which included Liverpool and Man United - can see a similar return from our remaining games tbh.

If one of the bottom three went on a good run, there are still 5 other teams that would need to overtake us to put us in the bottom 3.

Genuinely think we’d survive even without another point all season. 

Also not sure why you seem to think our fixtures are so tough - pretty much all 7 of the teams we’re gonna play have absolutely nothing to play for. WBA are shit and managerless... Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal appear to have thrown the towel in for their managers.