Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest TruToon94

The thing IMO is that we won't gain another point at all. If the clubs below us win matches they can count on us (and seemingly Hull by the looks of it) laying down to die easy.

35 is never safe. We've still a long way to go as far as I can see.

If Cisse gets back in for the last 3 games, we might get to score a goal and if Aarons gets a few minutes on the pitch, then we might not be so predictable.  But they certainly need some sort of impetus to stop the rot.  Winnable games are no longer winnable if you have lost the previous 7/8 games and morale is rock bottom.

I think we might scrape another couple of draws but I would not be confident about that and we are totally dependent upon other teams not catching us up.  Fortunately some of them have to play each other and the games are running out.  If there were another couple of games to play, we would be dead certs for relegation.

Guest chopey

The BBC used to do a predictor for every game between now and the end of the season and then add up the league tables but I can't find it now

We have QPR, WBA, and Leicester to play- two of them being away from home. With the lack of guts in the few players left as well as the increasingly negative tactics by Carver, we won't get a point from any of them. If we lose to QPR and they get a couple of wins in the meantime (not impossible), whilst others below us pick up a couple of wins we are speeding off the relegation cliff imo.

Think because of how poor mackems and Hull are that they can't catch up the deficit, we'll finish 16/17th.

Guest firetotheworks

It's a measure of how shit the league is yet again this season that we're still not in any danger of going down.

It really doesn't look like we will win another game this season, but I think it would be highly unlikely that we don't pick up another point or 2. There's enough teams and points between us and the bottom 3 to save us this year. But there won't be much of a gap come the end of the season, that's for sure.

Guest chopey

The BBC used to do a predictor for every game between now and the end of the season and then add up the league tables but I can't find it now

I found another site with a predictor and I get Sunderland hull and Burnley going down on 32 points each

It's still very possible for us to go. 7 points clear with a possible 18 remaining. Only thing that works in our favour is that there's a few fixtures where those at the bottom are playing each other.

Guest Gino14

Still believe just 35 points is enough to keep is up. Bottom 3 are just too utterly sh*t.

I'm not sure I believe that any more.  9 points from five games looks unlikely for the bottom two now, but Leicester's form is worrying.  They have five games where they could easily pick up some points and the gap is just 7 points now.  I can see them grabbing three wins.  I don't think the bottom three is set in stone by any means.  We play some of those bottom teams and we're good at donating points, especially with Carver in charge.