Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Manorpark banned already?

I reckon he's got until 10pm.

Although his banning has already happened, it's inevitable, there's no changing history.

Thankyou !!

Still confident?

The longer the day goes on, the more difficult it becomes to believe it will happen (today) but there is still time left.

I bet you won a fortune when Liverpool were 3 down to AC Milan in 2005.

I don't think he's stopped drinking since. :lol:

Hmm, not bothered about other teams, though Liverpool were very lucky that day.

I think I may 'start' drinking at midnight tonight, if there isn't a reason to start drinking earlier . . .

I am resigned to it not happening now, I also don’t think there will be any announcement one way or the other.

The announcement this has failed will be the announcement that Mauriss has succeeded.

:suicide:

200.gif

From the article

The takeover has not been officially rejected but there is increasingly less confidence that it will go through in its present form with one source telling Telegraph Sport that it was “gridlocked”. The source added: “As things stand there is no chance of the takeover progressing in its current form.

“The problem is this, the Premier League wants to know who will be running the club, who will have the final say on decisions, who will negotiate sponsorship deals and so on and so on.

“The PIF has the majority stake but the management structure does not seem to recognise that. The more questions that have been asked, the more muddled and confused it becomes. The Premier League is not satisfied with the answers it has been given.”

Certainly, so far, the answers provided by the buyers do not appear to have persuaded the Premier League that it can allow the takeover to go through as it has been organised. The crux of the problem appears to remain that the Premier League is unconvinced by the argument that the PIF is independent of the Saudi government and, therefore, is insisting on the link being made clearer.

Is that out of the ordinary to have a minority party making day-to-day decisions?

I bet Luke Edwards is off for a wank now.

The top 6 is a closed shop, that's the reason the PL aren't approving it. They can put whatever spin they want on it, that's the top and bottom of it which is why I'll be totally done with NUFC and the PL once this takeover is officially off.