Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest godzilla

He might be making some decent points, but a decision is haste who the f*** is he kidding. He might not be so diplomatic and understanding if it was his own club being f***ed around. There’s definitely a change in narrative where if this test fails, we’ll be patronised and told it’s for the best.

However 2 years down the line the Saudis will be lauded as the saviours of a more fashionable club, and meanwhile we’ll be told where lucky that Mauriss chose us to leverage the club with 350 millions worth of debt.

Yeah funny how this is coming out four months down the line, can't remember Douglas or other media pointing this out when the takeover was announced or the weeks/months which followed.

Personally I don't care how long it takes, when it goes through we'll have our club back.

I wouldn't really care too much either if I knew 100% it's going to go through. Unless we'll have to wait for years or whatever.

Twitter (I know) saying that it's been failed

Could be a bit more specific like. :lol:

Internet says it’s on.

No idea how to add a screenshot here, but the account is

Maintain St James Park

Reading their tweets makes it clear that it's balls though

Have just seen a documentary of MBS and can just say I don't want him as our owner anymore. He's really a horrible person. This is not what I want for our club anymore. Realised I didn't know too much about him before and now understand lots of protests against him. I've always thought better he owns us than any other team. Not anymore.

The club could be great with all that money, but I'd rather we be bought by someone else even if it does mean we don't get that kind of money.

Still want rid of Ashley, but what we asked for was an owner who tried his best and want the club to compete. I'd be satisfied with that.

Reject this takeover and move on to the next bidder as soon as possible.

Sorry if it's already in this thread but what documentary? Is it available to stream?

Well, I'm from Sweden and saw it on swedish TV. But it's from an american journalist, Martin Smith, and is mostly in english. Think the swedish coments in it is replaced in whatever country it's showed in.

It's in two parts and is called: MBS, the saudi crownprince.

It gives some perspective to things.

Fair from Douglas.

:thup:

Careful what you wish for...  :lol:

I mean what if they don't do thorough enough tests and the consortium all falls apart?, firstly that's ludicrous, and second who would notice compared to current ownership?

Have just seen a documentary of MBS and can just say I don't want him as our owner anymore. He's really a horrible person. This is not what I want for our club anymore. Realised I didn't know too much about him before and now understand lots of protests against him. I've always thought better he owns us than any other team. Not anymore.

The club could be great with all that money, but I'd rather we be bought by someone else even if it does mean we don't get that kind of money.

Still want rid of Ashley, but what we asked for was an owner who tried his best and want the club to compete. I'd be satisfied with that.

Reject this takeover and move on to the next bidder as soon as possible.

The only way to ever improve the world we live in is to (how can I put it) 'embrace' and 'deal and communicate' with rulers and countries that are currently like Saudi Arabia, there are plenty of them.

A huge way to achieve our objectives with these countries is to trade with them (ideally not weapons!) and something like 'world sport' is a very good way to get/keep this process going.

If we as a country reject these people, then they (and the fate of their people) will never improve.

Don't think he will improve. All he want is power, and thoose who stands in his way will be dealt with. He don't like people who doesn't do what he wants.

He is like Ashley x 100.

The only way to ever improve the world we live in is to (how can I put it) 'embrace' and 'deal and communicate' with rulers and countries that are currently like Saudi Arabia, there are plenty of them.

aaah yes like we did with south africa during apartheid

You can pick many examples from any of the 'big old countries', certainly a few from us in the UK, but that is history, it is not how it would work in the modern world.

Why would you choose to seek out examples from the long past, just to try and make some point. Why?

Twitter (I know) saying that it's been failed

Could be a bit more specific like. :lol:

Internet says it’s on.

No idea how to add a screenshot here, but the account is

Maintain St James Park

Reading their tweets makes it clear that it's balls though

Is that not another one of Burnsie's accounts?  If so, it'll be bollocks!

I don't think many people would want Saudi if they had a selection of owners to chose from, or even if the current one wasn't as shite as Ashley. But sadly we are where we are.

I would probably still pick Saudis ahead of most others tbh. If they're good enough partners for our govt, Amanda and the Reuben bros, they are good enough for me.

I don't think many people would want Saudi if they had a selection of owners to chose from, or even if the current one wasn't as shite as Ashley. But sadly we are where we are.

I would probably still pick Saudis ahead of most others tbh. If they're good enough partners for our govt, Amanda and the Reuben bros, they are good enough for me.

Well that's quite a dodgy set of moral role models, but each to their own :lol:

Very true, very well put.

(cue the Saudi haters . . )

I don't think many people would want Saudi if they had a selection of owners to chose from, or even if the current one wasn't as s**** as Ashley. But sadly we are where we are.

Exactly these journalists now preaching we should be wary of their motives can fuck off. I’d happily see them purchase the club without passing the test, and then just fold the club to fuck off the PL.

These journalists would be better off investigating which clubs are actively pulling Masters strings to prevent this and also what extent Bein are medalling behind the scenes.

I don't think many people would want Saudi if they had a selection of owners to chose from, or even if the current one wasn't as s**** as Ashley. But sadly we are where we are.

Exactly these journalists now preaching we should be wary of their motives can fuck off. I’d happily see them purchase the club without passing the test, and then just fold the club to fuck off the PL.

These journalists would be better off investigating which clubs are actively pulling Masters strings to prevent this and also what extent Bein are medalling behind the scenes.

:idiot2:

He might be making some decent points, but a decision is haste who the fuck is he kidding. He might not be so diplomatic and understanding if it was his own club being fucked around. There’s definitely a change in narrative where if this test fails, we’ll be patronised and told it’s for the best.

However 2 years down the line the Saudis will be lauded as the saviours of a more fashionable club, and meanwhile we’ll be told where lucky that Mauriss chose us to leverage the club with 350 millions worth of debt.

Fair comment from Douglas taken in isolation but just have a look around at the other owners of PL clubs

Exactly!

So it isn't automatic promotion for the top two from the championship. They just earn the right to go directly into the ODT process?

Technically, yes. Though I'd firstly imagine they're a little more lenient as the clubs have already passed the FL's O&Ds' test, and secondly I'd expect (ha!) the PL will take an ever-increasing interest in the owners of any clubs in the top half of the table as the season progresses to the point that if there were any real concerns, they could be raised with those clubs very early.

I would actually like this to be investigated - for exactly the same reason I want Hunter Biden to be investigated.

This conspiracy theory is as bad as any of Trump’s ridiculous notions...

Exactly these journalists now preaching we should be wary of their motives can f*** off. I’d happily see them purchase the club without passing the test, and then just fold the club to f*** off the PL.

:idiot2:

I’d say you’d be more of an idiot to continue to want Sports Direct FC to represent our great city, in a league who clearly would only value us as being continued cannon fodder for the big 6.

But each to there own I’m sure you’ll be amongst the thousands who continue to rock up and happily take it up the arse.

Just find it utterly bizarre that the prospective management structure of the club is the issue holding everything back

PIF have a multi-billion business portfolio, with NUFC forming just a very small part of it.

They're not amateurs when it comes to acquisition

We don't know that it is.