Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think many people would want Saudi if they had a selection of owners to chose from, or even if the current one wasn't as s**** as Ashley. But sadly we are where we are.

I would probably still pick Saudis ahead of most others tbh. If they're good enough partners for our govt, Amanda and the Reuben bros, they are good enough for me.

Exactly these journalists now preaching we should be wary of their motives can f*** off. I’d happily see them purchase the club without passing the test, and then just fold the club to f*** off the PL.

These journalists would be better off investigating which clubs are actively pulling Masters strings to prevent this and also what extent Bein are medalling behind the scenes.

:idiot2:

I’d say you’d be more of an idiot to continue to want Sports Direct FC to represent our great city, in a league who clearly would only value us as being continued cannon fodder for the big 6.

But each to there own I’m sure you’ll be amongst the thousands who continue to rock up and happily take it up the arse.

Most of those who are against the takeover probably don't attend games anyway. Some of them might be actual moral objectors.

Although they'll probably happily join millions of others in marvelling at football played by clubs like Chelsea and City with their angelic owners.

And most of the people in favour of the takeover has no idea who MBS is or what he has done and are willing to do to get what he wants.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Newcastle to have bottomless pits of money and compete with the best in the world. But I don't want MBS as our owner.

Doesn't mind Amanda Stavely or the Reuben brothers though, think they could be good owners without PIF.

Has it taken you 16 weeks to realise MBS is no angel ? You should apply to the PL for a job, I think you’d fit the criteria there looking for.

So you either like MBS and what he stands for or you just don't give a s*** and want Newcastle to get his money.

I'm more worried what he could do to Newcastle when/if he looses interest. How would he react the day the fans will drive him out as with Ashley right now.

You're honestly worried what anyone could do to Newcastle United after 13 years of Ashley?  Liquidating the club right now would be better than what Ashley is doing.  At least then it could be brought back with the current fanbase.  The slow suffocating death Ashley has been putting the club through is far worse.  He's slowly turning it into a small tinpot club.  If he stays, in 10 years time we'll be Derby or Bolton level.  After generations of fans walking away and their kids not being brought into the support.

Does any part of this process depend on the selling club being a proxy for certain PL messages/requests to the buyers and did they never consider a scenario where an onerous cunt of an owner would be an obstacle? :lol:

How we all laughed at the suggestion that Ashley couldn't affect this now :lol:

Only at Newcastle could this potentially happen somehow :lol: Qatar have bribed Ashley or something similar :lol:

Would be just like him to put the block on the deal now. Mind, he will never get a better price for NUFC than what he's going to get from the Saudis - given the current economic climate.

Maybe he's not done with his cash cow yet......

I would have thought it was the legal teams dealing with everything, and little need for Ashley to be involved, if a price was agreed so that the PL test started.

Surely if its been approved, the next stage would be transfer of funds, which again would all be dealt with by the legals.

Struggling to think how Ashley could affect it, now? If he decided to pull out, is it not legally binding at this stage?