Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If that’s true then surely the agreement in place clearly sets out the conditions either party can pull out. Can you imagine Ashley going missing trying to get a better price in the knowledge that the he’s found a loop hole.

Next few days may be interesting if this has legs.

Guest chopey

Has Ashley not made a living by doing a deal and then changing the goalposts

Hope he has to go visit them to discuss it.

:lol:

So the fucking PL consciously delayed their decision past the deal's deadline.. If we're bought by that Henry Mauriss twat and his Qatari dependencies as a result of this, we might as well fold. Corrupt wankers

Contracts are exchanged and the club is sold subject to PL clearance, can’t see anyway he can pull out now or change the goalposts

Exclusivity period over I’m guessing.

Everything is agreed in signed legal documents before it goes to the Premier League.  Not sure about this one.  Don't want to get my hopes up and assume he's saying its passed the owners test. He could maybe be saying that right at this moment there is something standing in the way other than the current PL test that he has been told is more critical to the deal than waiting for the OD test to pass.. Its all quite hard to guess at until Golfmag explains a bit really.  But I certainly can't see how Ashley could stop this, let alone why he would..

I’m struggling to believe it’s been given green light, and the delay is down to Ashley. I’m pretty sure something would have leaked in press if we had been been green lighted.

Reckon we’ll hear something tomorrow.

PL have delayed this intentionally until a loop hole came up after a certain date. Ashley can now sell to someone else.The American is buying us with some money he has received from Qatar.  Them doing all they can do stop KSA from buying us. Yeah im just talking shite :lol: Nothing would surprise me with this club though..

I’m sure if he tries to start messing PCP and the PIF about, he could find himself in serious financial and legal trouble these are not the normal dopes he normally deals with and plays his tricks on.

I’m sure if he tries to start messing PCP and the PIF about, he could find himself in serious financial and legal trouble these are not the normal dopes he normally deals with and plays his tricks on.

Unless he has found a legitimate loophole/exception.