Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

One thing im completely and utterly sure of is that the fans will continue to be left in the dark.

There will be no PL statement. There will be no insightful NUFC statement. There will be no further comment from PIF.

Maybe Caulkin, who clearly wasnt really in the know or someone else will claim to have some insight as to why it didnt go through but we'll never truly know because we're held in contempt by every single party involved.

One thing im completely and utterly sure of is that the fans will continue to be left in the dark.

There will be no PL statement. There will be no insightful NUFC statement. There will be no further comment from PIF.

Maybe Caulkin, who clearly wasnt really in the know or someone else will claim to have some insight as to why it didnt go through but we'll never truly know because we're held in contempt by every single party involved.

Nobody was "In The Know" - this entire episode just proved to show how journos more or less know fuck all and were shooting in the dark.

I stopped bothering with their info many weeks ago.

I also think Ashley has already done a deal with the American.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.

I can't imagine he'd risk the Saudi deal without some sort of insurance. My guess would be that Qatar have given Mauriss the money to cover the deposit.

Everybody on here seems assured Maauriss would fail the O+D  test, so you'd imagine the guys with the supposed millions to bak him would be just as clued up.

There is every chance Ashley is aware of this, through his connection to the hairy hand.

Is there any evidence that Qatar and Mauriss are linked?

nothing beyond conspiracy theories

Is there any way this Mauriss takeover could be good news?

Its as if you have just ignored everything

No, I'm trying to find some shred of hope. Anything will do right now.

Otherwise I'll lock myself away for a few weeks stewing on how our football club is dead.

He's still never mentioned the bid that won't happen if he mentions it. So there's that.

Presumably this means people at the club? Who I guess have no idea what's happening 99% of the time.

Keith was on SSN not long ago and was saying it was Barnes who was handling the takeover stuff on behalf of Ashley.  Didn't have direct quote from him but said it was a surprise to Barnes that this happened this afternoon. 

Because he’s the owner still and they will need information from him still?

For me there is no real holdup, just the ongoing reality that is the process still and it will all be concluded soon. Another day, another week, isn’t a holdup, just part of the process.

Anything inbetween is conjecture, rumours, hearsay and mostly absolute bull shit, again no-one knows anything and I highly doubt there has been anything leaked by anyone involved in this and that’s why the likes of Luke who’s talking bull shit again Edwards number #163893 is bringing shit up, because there is nothing in it when another day passes without confirmation or a week. Nothing! He just wants to stir shit, get clicks and try and stay somewhat relevant as an informed source when in reality he’s probably less informed than fucking Richard nonce hands Keys or even window licking Ryder.

Ignore them all.

Not GolfMag, but don’t read too much into the minute of it all.

It will happen soon, I’m 100% confident :thup:

Still confident now?

Months of pure shite.

State of this cunt

Unfortunately he's right

Can't wait to see what these 'other options' turn out to be. No doubt he'll be right there an all.

Well it’s obvious. Just read Golfmag’s post from a few minutes ago.

I can only imagine it will be some two bit US investor who will either run things similar to Ashley or perhaps in tandem with him.

Dont think Ashley would have fucked it tbh. The deal was good for him, as much as I hate him I dont think its on him.

Clearly PIF havent passed the PL tests and there was no way of doing so in their eyes so they've withdrawn to save face. The PL wont need to comment either.

The most gut wrenching thing is the investment into the local area now gone. Would have been good for the region without doubt.

:thup: my take also

Fuck sake fellas, i have no words to explain how i feel.

The premier league best do their homework on any potential future takeovers because if we end up with a Donald Stewart fleecing the club for millions (worse than MA) they will have a lot to answer for.

Im absolutely gutted. 

Guest chopey

At this time, in this region, for the present and future of the club and the area, this is an absolute disaster.

I also think Ashley has already done a deal with the American.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.

I can't imagine he'd risk the Saudi deal without some sort of insurance. My guess would be that Qatar have given Mauriss the money to cover the deposit.

Everybody on here seems assured Maauriss would fail the O+D  test, so you'd imagine the guys with the supposed millions to bak him would be just as clued up.

There is every chance Ashley is aware of this, through his connection to the hairy hand.

Is there any evidence that Qatar and Mauriss are linked?

nothing beyond conspiracy theories

I'm just going by the claims he doesn't have any money. somebody must be funding him and that somebody must have a vested interest.

Would it be in the interests of Qatar to spend £17 million on stopping this takeover? I don't know, but they seem determined.

Well the statement is a lie. As if the time or economic situation is the real reason.

They've wasted our time. Staveley has wasted 3 fucking years of our lives now.