Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just can't get my head around him shooting for more money after dropping the price when covid hit :lol:

Hes a two bit chancer c*** who gambles,  he has other offers and tried it on with the Saudis for more cash and f***ed the deal up.

I think this is it, but it doesn't track the current narrative about him wanting out, nor does it explain why he agreed to drop the price in the first place only to try and raise it. I guess it really suggests he thinks he has another buyer in the wings waiting to pay more tbh. Hard to find another explanation.

Out from Caulkin yet?

He's been shown to know very little about the whole episode tbh.

No he's been shown to have a line into the buyers, who are sticking to their guns about what happened.

Given Ashley is involved and the PL have taken the amount of time they have I know who I believe personally regardless of all this made up bollocks about Staveley being a chancer or whatever.

We have years of evidence of what Ashley is like.

If he has theyve been filling him with lies because most of what he's came out with these past few months has been well wide of the mark.

And however shitty and sanctimonious the PL have been, they WERE going to approve it. Had approved it even, I believe.  That’s what I was trying to tell Twitter last night. But as soon as the exclusivity ran out, MA saw the opportunity to pocket the 17 million and an extra 50 million from the American.

Were they fuck, were they absolute fuck. If they were they could have and would have done it months ago. They have had every opportunity to pass the deal, every obstacle overcome. They haven’t approved it so this would happen, so they get to keep their closed shop, and when PIF have learnt that you can’t buy Newcastle but you can buy Man Utd, the long extensive test has already been done and red carpet is fucking waiting.

This has happened because Masters didn’t get his fucking bung, that’s the only fucking reason why.

I'm not sure that Golfmag is right in this case tbh (about the fact that the PL had formally approved it, not the other parts). If they had, the Saudis wouldn't have been able to walk away. That's how a conditional contract works - you eventually reach a point (called a longstop date), that if the condition hasn't been satisfied (PL issue approval), either party can walk way, but for that to happen, someone needs to serve a notice to terminate. If the condition (PL approval) is satisfied before anyone serves that notice, you have to complete. That is essentially the legal background to the various claims that "exclusivity had expired" recently - not technically correct, but since either party were in a position to walk away until approval was given, seller could feasibly speak to other buyers, and both sides could re-negotiate (i.e. I want to change the price to x, because if you don't agree then we walk).

If somehow the contract allows a buyer to walk away even though the condition was satisfied, then Ashley's lawyers have really messed that up (and I would be astonished if they had because it is such a basic legal point), and I suspect he is going to be furious.

My best guess, Ashley did try and re-negotiate, before formal PL approval, which he could do because both buyer and seller were in a position whereby they could walk away. Saudis have called his bluff. It fits his profile, he is a gambler. But equally it could be that the Saudis tried to renegotiate - they were in a position to do so because of exactly the same reasons as above. If it were not Mike Ashley we were talking about, I would have thought that this was more likely - outside of football a ton of deals which had "signed" fell away after the Covid crisis, buyer simply gave up the deposit as it was less of a hit than paying over the market price.

Where we go now is anybody's guess. The manorpark in me thinks that this might still go through. PL will not want to take any flack on this, so suspect we will see some leaks from their side about the fact that they had indicated they would approve it. That will really ramp up the pressure on Ashley, and then a deal might be done.

Out from Caulkin yet?

No he's been shown to have a line into the buyers, who are sticking to their guns about what happened.

Given Ashley is involved and the PL have taken the amount of time they have I know who I believe personally regardless of all this made up bollocks about Staveley being a chancer or whatever.

If he has theyve been filling him with lies because most of what he's came out with these past few months has been well wide of the mark.

You've no fucking idea what you're talking about man. There's nothing to suggest that anything the buying party have said is bullshit.

Out from Caulkin yet?

Are blaming them and Caulkin for falling for their apparent nonsense in your opinion, and not blaming the fat lying, odious money grabbing bag of utter shite Mike Ashley ?

Just can't get my head around him shooting for more money after dropping the price when covid hit :lol:

Because the American bid 350m which he accepted.

The problem is now if the American pull the plug Ashley will have nothing but s***.

We're just accepting "the American" is real and has no issue with chucking 50m more than an existing deal that was agreed?

If they're that cash rich could be good times ahead :lol:

Because 1. Golfmag is always right and 2. I don’t think Ashley would do such an insane action, trying to milk extra money during such a global crisis without anything on hand.

Yea I know he’s dumb and he’s greedy but this is just impossible. This whole Covid disaster is going to have huge consequences and I guarantee you that UK (and in fact global) economy would be in deep shit for a certain years at least. I would go that far to say I won’t be surprised if SD would go bankrupt as a result. That’s what Hong Kong experienced 16 years ago during SARS.

This 300m sales is the last chance he can get his return back within a short period of time. Look at the other clubs. Sancho asking price is falling. Kai Havertz sold for way cheaper than expected. No other clubs come in for Ake except Man City. Lots of small clubs couldn’t pay wages and may go bankrupt soon. The whole industry is taking serious hit and no one know how long it takes to go back to “normal”.

I genuinely believe he has another bid on hand.

Wow. I'm surprised, but not surprised. :lol: Exclusively reading the skysports report and the quotes, it simply seems as the investors were not going to hold up a massive amount of money that could be invested and grow elsewhere instead of being dicked around by the PL for an unlimited amount of time. Unless anything else has been reported by credible sources close to the deal, it doesn't look like Ashley is to blame for this one but rather the PL / member clubs. Shame that they have the power they do, and that NUFC as a business can't be bough and sold like any other business.

I'm too attached to this forum to leave entirely, but won't be watching football or taking notice of rumours/transfers, participating in FPL or anything from now on until the club is owned by someone that wants and tries to make it as good as it can be. Just cba with it anymore.

Out from Caulkin yet?

You've no fucking idea what you're talking about man. There's nothing to suggest that anything the buying party have said is bullshit.

I said from the start it wouldn't go through, Caulkin said it would. He knew fuck all, same as I did. Only difference was my gut feeling was right and his was wrong.