Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm really not sure the EFL would approve it tbh. There'd be pressure behind the scenes to follow in the PL's footsteps incase we get promoted, and lets be honest, we'd be back after one season.

they should be referred to as the Favorite 6 rather than the big 6- just look at the way the games are refereed for the favored 6.

That's some commitment from you there.

??

going have to explain what that refers to there like.

It's just a joke about how you began by stating they should be referred to a the favourite 6, and by the end of the statement you yourself were referring to them as something different.

they should be referred to as the Favorite 6 rather than the big 6- just look at the way the games are refereed for the favored 6.

That's some commitment from you there.

??

going have to explain what that refers to there like.

It's just a joke about how you began by stating they should be referred to a the favourite 6, and by the end of the statement you yourself were referring to them as something different.

:lol: aye

I’m struggling to comprehend why any other team in the league gets a say in this. How do takeovers usually happen?

Exactly, the other teams shouldn't get a say as surely by its nature every takeover should in theory strengthen that team, so no other team in that league is going to be in favour of it

I’m struggling to comprehend why any other team in the league gets a say in this. How do takeovers usually happen?

Exactly, the other teams shouldn't get a say as surely by its nature every takeover should in theory strengthen that team, so no other team in that league is going to be in favour of it

I’m assuming it’s being played as a moral objection against Saudi control, which is fair enough. But even so, it’s not part of the test so should be ignored.

It’s dead, nothing has materially changed as far as the PL is concerned.

Other clubs having a say/opinion is nothing short of a joke.

It has changed things though, people and fans are being made aware of the level of corruption that exists with  the EPL and other Top 6 clubs.

If it changes anything that's to be seen but the correct information it's getting out there.

It has changed things though, people and fans are being made aware of the level of corruption that exists with  the EPL and other Top 6 clubs.

If it changes anything that's to be seen but the correct information it's getting out there.

As far as the other clubs are concerned they will want to block this. Last thing they want is the threat of gravy train going off the rails.

I don’t think some tweets represents any fundamental change personally. The PL still have the fit and proper persons test to hide behind.

The Newcastle saga looks set to run on for some time. There is only one thing all sides can agree on: this is not a fit and proper situation for any club.

Damn right.

Decent enough article which actually bothers to mention the petition.

As far as the other clubs are concerned they will want to block this. Last thing they want is the threat of gravy train going off the rails.

I don’t think some tweets represents any fundamental change personally. The PL still have the fit and proper persons test to hide behind.

I suppose so, just living in hope as tbh that's all I've got now

If PIF had offered a billion pound for spurs do we think the deal would have been waived through. That ultimately for me is the question here, because I think we all suspect it would.

I agree nothing has changed fundamentally in the PL’s position at present, however all we can do is try and apply pressure. There might be a nice shock awaiting the PL shortly in the way of legal action by buyers or sellers, we just don’t know yet.

The key is the PL in fact has no grounds to reject the test. That’s why they tried to delay the decision till the end of the world. That’s a dirty move.

The rationale behind does not matter. That shouldn’t affect the test, which is why the PL can’t reject.

As I have mentioned, they are playing with fire. Once PIF and KSA escalate this to national level and as a stand off with Qatar (which a lot here have predicted) they would not hold back anymore. Money is no longer the question or consideration. Legal proceedings and country level trade deals would become the new battlefield.

If PIF had offered a billion pound for spurs do we think the deal would have been waived through. That ultimately for me is the question here, because I think we all suspect it would.

I agree nothing has changed fundamentally in the PL’s position at present, however all we can do is try and apply pressure. There might be a nice shock awaiting the PL shortly in the way of legal action by buyers or sellers, we just don’t know yet.

It’s obvious the power certain clubs hold over the PL - can you imagine how nervous they would feel in the event of a power shift to the NE? Would terrify them

There’s a petition with over 70000 signatures on it and there’s hardly a mention in the media. It’s a disgrace, 70k voices wanting at least some recognition that the fans and the region have been treat with contempt, what do we get; more contempt.