Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The best angle here is undoubtedly the loss of investment in the region, if the govt can be pressurised they may lean on PL to reconsider this. They have prided themselves on Britain being open for business and this is investment in one of the poorest areas of the country.

This is so much more than a football takeover and warrants govt intervention due to geopolitical and economic impact.

Off to the positive takeover thread. This s***s on.

No reason it shouldn't be on, other than the Premier League playing ostrich still... the dickheads

And the main financial backers pulling out

They haven’t though, still officially the same place it was last week, with the PL.

It's clear that it was a tactical move to "withdraw" their bid to put some pressure on the PL. Doubt it''s gonna help though, but never say never. Just fucking make a decision for god's sake. Ignore ignore..

The best angle here is undoubtedly the loss of investment in the region, if the govt can be pressurised they may lean on PL to reconsider this. They have prided themselves on Britain being open for business and this is investment in one of the poorest areas of the country.

This is so much more than a football takeover and warrants govt intervention due to geopolitical and economic impact.

Aren't they massive Tories? They must have some pull.

Note that it’s not actually from the Reuben’s directly but from a regional business that is impacted by the decision

Aye, purposefully done.

Another potentially huge legal claim against the PL.

Is it though? Would they even have a case.

Putting my armchair barrister's wig on I think they probably would. PL have refused to make a decision, or even give a timescale for one, for a process that their rules indicate will take five working days, that is clearly unreasonable. Those unreasonable actions have caused multi-million pound investments to collapse and a £17m deposit to be lost, there must be a case there.

That's notwithstanding the fact that they seem to have been considering things outside of the remit of the O&D test as set out in their rules.

The people that have lost out on this are not going to just let it lie, Staveley is suing Barclays for £1.6 billion ffs, there's no way this doesn't end up in court.

My thoughts exactly - this is basically an attempt to get the Government involved.

We've got tories in power who are all about big business creating jobs and investing in regions so they don't have to find or provide the money themselves, especially given the country's about to take a running jump off a cliff.

Given their refusal to get involved so far, I can't see it changing.

Not read that. No idea.

Kinda supports the logic, though. If they think they're not independent, they're asking the person who they believe to be in charge to put themselves forward. Actually I think that strengthens my beliefs, personally.

No mention of sheikh mansour on the Man City board of directors,  when we all know he owns the club

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mancity.com/club/corporate-information

This needs to be sent to the media such as sky sports and even the chronicle to try and get some traction going about this, because this seems to be the sticking point with our takeover

Interesting development, between this and Chopra.

Becoming clear that they've publically 'withdrawn' but actually haven't. I'd say their method was mis-guided though.

We just have to keep irritating PL and Masters. Has someone asked Pete Graves why Sky Sports haven't mentioned the petition?

Don't do it to yourselves, man.

Life as a Newcastle fan is much easier if you just expect the worse and move on :lol:

I’ll let future me worry about that, today we have some hope which is far better than the crushing reality of what could be around the corner if the takeover fails

No reason it shouldn't be on, other than the Premier League playing ostrich still... the dickheads

They haven’t though, still officially the same place it was last week, with the PL.

Do you know that as fact?

"Concluded shortly" is what Masters said a month ago..

And it would've been, if PIF just done everything the PL asked of them and made the government a director so they could easily fail it.

I don't see how this has a positive outcome unfortunately. They're not going to approve it considering the backlash, for the fear of looking even weaker than they do now.

Do you know that as fact?

PL leaks stated so in their only real response since Thursday.

This. If 60k had signed a petition to block the takeover the pressure from media on PL now would be massive.

We need to keep up the pressure, we might not get anywhere but as Jimmy Nail sang.

'cause this is a mighty town,

It's built upon solid ground

And everything they tried so hard to kill,

We will rebuild

Fuckin' love that toon!  ;)

Aren't they massive Tories? They must have some pull.

Yeah think Jamie is pals with Boris.

Whilst I’m always cynical of rich people I think the Reubens are certainly friends of Newcastle, and it would be great if they were involved with club.

This. If 60k had signed a petition to block the takeover the pressure from media on PL now would be massive.

We need to keep up the pressure, we might not get anywhere but as Jimmy Nail sang.

'cause this is a mighty town,

It's built upon solid ground

And everything they tried so hard to kill,

We will rebuild

Fuckin' love

that toon!  ;)

Great Tune 👍

It's telling that Staveley specifically mentioned that they would have got the deposit back if the O&D test had been refused, and now this from the Ruben's side. They're setting out the claims that the PL will face if it doesn't approve the O&D test.

The PL itself is not a rich organisation, it has assets of less than £0.5m and a turnover of about £3m, the costs of a case alone could bankrupt them.