Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure I fully follow the narrative they're inferring about 'losing the battle but not the war' in that piece. Are they suggesting they've 'lost' NUFC but may 'win' another club down the line?

Genuinely unsure.

I like how we’re still spamming everyPremier  league tweet

It's really good. Much better than hitting Ashley's brands, as this has people from all over the word asking about the corruption and why etc. in those threads.

I'm not sure I fully follow the narrative they're inferring about 'losing the battle but not the war' in that piece. Are they suggesting they've 'lost' NUFC but may 'win' another club down the line?

Genuinely unsure.

It's clickbait shite.

Guest neesy111

Haven't been following that much the last few days. Is it accepted that Golfmag's info was wrong when he said the hold up was with Ashley now?

Yes, though staveley did confirm he did ask for a new price which I think they were happy with.

Haven't been following that much the last few days. Is it accepted that Golfmag's info was wrong when he said the hold up was with Ashley now?

Yes, though staveley did confirm he did ask for a new price which I think they were happy with.

It looks that way.

To be fair to GM I’m guessing he was fed inaccurate information from his source.

However, the 'withdrawal' could also have been partly a negotiation tactic aimed at Ashley, to expose the Mauriuss bid as having no substance and stop Ashley playing games with them without antagonising him.

The new price was probably to take into consideration the extra costs Ashley had incurred for having to run the club for 3 months longer than he expected to during the pandemic, as the whole reason he'd agreed to the sale at the price he did was because he wanted to avoid having to do that. And much though I think he's an absolute cunt of a man, he probably has a right to some redress there once the exclusivity agreement ran out and such a renegotiation was possible.

The new price was probably to take into consideration the extra costs Ashley had incurred for having to run the club for 3 months longer than he expected to during the pandemic, as the whole reason he'd agreed to the sale at the price he did was because he wanted to avoid having to do that. And much though I think he's an absolute cunt of a man, he probably has a right to some redress there once the exclusivity agreement ran out and such a renegotiation was possible.

And also because when the deal was originally done nobody knew whether the season would end/what would happen with Covid etc. There's much greater clarity around that now which mitigates the risk a little.

He knows this is the best deal in town even if Mauriss is genuine.

Guest neesy111

True, but on the other hand buyers could easily say theirs big uncertainty around when capacity crowds will be back inside stadiums affecting their future revenue.

True, but on the other hand buyers could easily say theirs big uncertainty around when capacity crowds will be back inside stadiums affecting their future revenue.

Of course.

I'm not saying his new price was accurate or fair, simply that he had a right to discuss one and that in and of itself probably isn't wrong of him. Hence why PIF/Stavely were probably OK with it.

Guest neesy111

Of course.

I'm not saying his new price was accurate or fair, simply that he had a right to discuss one and that in and of itself probably isn't wrong of him. Hence why PIF/Stavely were probably OK with it.

:thup:

Guest Cheesy Beans

He was reiterating the info he was given from a source aligned to the PL side which was nothing more than PL propaganda as they were aware PIF had reached their limits and were about to blast them for it.

All about covering their arse and passing blame. It’s no surprise his info came about shortly after multiple sources suggested PIF were not responding...

He was reiterating the info he was given from a source aligned to the PL side which was nothing more than PL propaganda as they were aware PIF had reached their limits and were about to blast them for it.

All about covering their arse and passing blame. It’s no surprise his info came about shortly after multiple sources suggested PIF were not responding...

For once Mike Ashley isn’t the one to blame here. He genuinely wants/needs to sell now.

He risks losing it all anyway with no signs of this Covid madness ending any time in the next year or so. SD are probably only worth a third of what they were, if even.

If you had a little nufc shaped nest egg worth 300m, and you could add that to your stash (or what’s left of it) would you not be thinking right now.. “fuck this.. I’m done” ?

I think the club will be sold within a year regardless of what happens with PIF

For once Mike Ashley isn’t the one to blame here. He genuinely wants/needs to sell now.

He risks losing it all anyway with no signs of this Covid madness ending any time in the next year or so. SD are probably only worth a third of what they were, if even.

If you had a little nufc shaped nest egg worth 300m, and you could add that to your stash (or what’s left of it) would you not be thinking right now.. “fuck this.. I’m done” ?

I think the club will be sold within a year regardless of what happens with PIF

I'd say that's quite optimistic considering the uncertainty of when audiences will be allowed back into grounds safely over the next 12 months. I said when PIF came in, they were probably the only investors who would spend that sort of money on a football club in this climate.

I mean I don't really take the Mauriss/Qatar ghost bid of £350m bid seriously for obvious reasons, and haven't heard about any serious players other than PIF.

Im not a Guardian reader but would it be possible to find how many times he has called Man Citys owners Human rights abusers ?

He’s a massive, and extremely bitter about anyone but, Man Utd fan so probably high.