Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

:lol: They are dirty as fuck.

The SFO have already investigated what went on over this deal.  Main case ended up in acquittal. 

Guest Cheesy Beans

I’ve sent mine to Boris himself.

Look forward to his reply.

I hope you mentioned that the investment would allow us to BUILD BUILD BUILD creating JOBS JOBS JOBS.

I went with, ‘Support Newcastle, Keep jobs, Save lives’.

No but want, I can't see how the PL can say 'if you come back in we'll approve you' now, or why they would want to.

To be clear, I don't 'want' them but I want them more than Mike Ashley.

I think it's pretty unknown at this point whether the bid is actually still on the table. I actually don't think much has changed apart from statements from all parties in a last attempt to push it through.

No but want, I can't see how the PL can say 'if you come back in we'll approve you' now, or why they would want to.

I think it's pretty unknown at this point whether the bid is actually still on the table. I actually don't think much has changed apart from statements from all parties in a last attempt to push it through.

Didn't one of the statements say they'd withdrawn?

I couldn't vote anything other than Yes because there's objectively still a chance and I'm too pedantic to vote No when there is a chance, however small. However, to illustrate, I wouldn't be able to vote No to "is there a chance Minhosa[/member] could buy NUFC" either, because objectively there is a chance if he were to get a consortium together, bid and go through the process. The question is flawed.

I couldn't vote anything other than Yes because there's still a chance and I'm too pedantic to vote No when there is a chance, however small.

Aye. I think theirs a small chance, and I want it too. However I’m far from convinced that it will happen.

Didn't one of the statements say they'd withdrawn?

Yeah, and other reports have said it's still there. And the statements from Staveley and the Reuben's both make it pretty clear that things are ready to go immediately on response from the PL. Plus Rocker's info on the consortium talking with the PL still.