Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Staveley will have the keys by xmas by hook or crook, the current silence is a clear sign things are still ongoing. A compromise will be found, be it a change in percentages or some sort of guarantee regarding govt involvement.

The key stumbling block is still piracy and more moves on that have been made this week. The deal is still doable despite some experts on here saying it’s dead, they have some of the best lawyers being paid millions to find a solution and I think they will.

Guest reefatoon

Hey Richard, we quite fancy buying Newcastle, but we are still saving up the pennies, can you drag the PIF deal on for ages until they get sick and we have enough money mate. Cheers, your old bud Scuddas.

Silence more often than not means that everything has stopped and nothing is happening.

You're setting yourself up for further disappointment.

Respectfully disagree all signs suggest to me this is ongoing and far from over. People can choose to bail out mentally if they haven’t got the stomach anymore, but it’s not going away and she’ll be in charge by xmas.

That's fair enough Ikon[/member]

Nothing would give me greater pleasure Whitley mag[/member] for you to be right. I think every drop of hope in me has been drained though. I'm too much of a cynic now. Glass is definitely half full in my NUFC world :lol:

EDIT: I meant Empty of course !

If what we've heard is correct PIF walked away because the PL wanted to run the O&D test on KSA. Unless the PL or KSA budged, it's a stalemate. The only way I can see it being resurrected is if Stavely and the Reubens come back with new backers.

Silence more often than not means that everything has stopped and nothing is happening.

Respectfully disagree all signs suggest to me this is ongoing and far from over. People can choose to bail out mentally if they haven’t got the stomach anymore, but it’s not going away and she’ll be in charge by xmas.

won't happen if Ashley buisineses are recovering which appears to be the case.

If what we've heard is correct PIF walked away because the PL wanted to run the O&D test on KSA. Unless the PL or KSA budged, it's a stalemate. The only way I can see it being resurrected is if Stavely and the Reubens come back with new backers.

It looks that way but they’ll have some very clever people working on this now, they’ll find a road map to getting this done. Also I still believe the ownership structure is a red herring and if they can come to some sort of agreement re piracy that will unlock the door.

In my opinion the ownership structure was the only way PL could delay and block the deal. It’s all about piracy and compromise.

won't happen if Ashley buisineses are recovering which appears to be the case.

Again disagree he appears very receptive to this bid and all evidence suggests he finally wants out.

There is no way MBS will subject himself to the PL’s O&D test. It’ll be an insult to him and there’s no way he will subject himself to a test he could fail. Too much loss of face.

I’m more concerned that journalists bought into this and reported it as news (same with the Mauris bid) when it was obvious to pretty much everyone at a glance that it was completely bollocks.

The Shields Gazette, and in particular their journalist Liam Kennedy, have been shameless in leading fans on since the Saudi deal collapsed

Surely NUFC are the #1 priority for RedBall, Pallotta or anyone looking to buy a club

Richest league in the world. Remove the top six and we're the next most attractive option, plus we finally have an owner willing to sell.

Surely  :'(

Surely NUFC are the #1 priority for RedBall, Pallotta or anyone looking to buy a club

Richest league in the world. Remove the top six and we're the next most attractive option, plus we finally have an owner willing to sell.

Surely  :'(

You would have thought but we also need a lot of money going in on top of the money to buy the club, all teh facilities need an overhaul, most teh squad isn't good enough to push top half of the table so by and large a lot of players would need to be bought. I also suspect £300m is considered a lot for what is a clear shambles. I wonder if they are hovering in hope Arsenal come up for sale.

Redbird/Redball Capital does look rather interesting..

It's nonsense dreamt up by the vile troll Penn Edwards.

They certainly didn't draw up an acquisition plan in April, and won't be submitting a bid imminently.