Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

For whatever reason the PL are desperate, desperate to put a block on this anyway they can. They will never ever let this happen imo. They won’t even bow to apparent pressure from the government on it. It’s quite incredible it really is.

Any way they can, other than actually disqualifying PIF as a director.

This is pissing me right off now.

Why is he saying (again) that they thought approval would come this week when from what I can see, the PL don't appear anywhere close to approving it. What information does he, the club, and the consortium have that have given them that impression ?

I mean it's a hearsay atm so who knows what to believe.

Maybe the consortium we're confident they had established clear separation between pif and state, but the PL stood firm with their legal standing on it?

Whilst I'm pigging sick of it, I'm intrigued to see what/if anything comes of this shit slinging.

The PL are clearly not that confident of their position, otherwise they wouldn't be so reticent to actually disqualify PIF on that basis.

This increasingly looks like a play to try to force their hand to make a decision.

Agree, although it's pretty clear that the pressure from the other side, i.e.. Qatar and the other PL clubs is holding more clout with the PL at this point. They are not going to budge until the courts force them to.

If the PL is blocking this despite the government telling them to get it done, then I hope the government tell them no fans all season due to covid. It's not like anyone would want to watch king bacon's hoofball but it would piss off the rest of the clubs and force the PL to hand more money back to the TV companies and further devalue their brand.

Few key bits from that Athletic article...

With funds in place and ready to be paid, they hoped Newcastle might officially be theirs by the middle of next week.

“This isn’t over,” one source on the buying side told The Athletic, but what that means is not clear. PIF’s attitude will be vital. They had led the original withdrawal and as majority partners in the consortium had the most clout. Privately, it was accepted that PIF would only officially come back to the table if acceptance by the Premier League was guaranteed. This is another snub. How will they react now?

Well reading that first part is depressing.

Wow. So were the transfers on the approval of the would be new owners? This has seem a strange week and the transfers reflect that.

MA is looking for the receipts as we speak, in the hope he can return them.

Hope the cunt has to pay postage.

ASM probably getting bundled into his private helicopter as we speak to recoup the cash  :lol:

Starting to seem like Mandy is the only one trying to push this along.  Maybe she's asking RB and PIF if she can get it close will they be willing to jump back in?  She's telling GC its edging closer, closer...then PL says, "eh not close enough, sorry Mandy..."

And what is this based on?  She has said the square root of fook all since riling up NUST

Few key bits from that Athletic article...

With funds in place and ready to be paid, they hoped Newcastle might officially be theirs by the middle of next week.

“This isn’t over,” one source on the buying side told The Athletic, but what that means is not clear. PIF’s attitude will be vital. They had led the original withdrawal and as majority partners in the consortium had the most clout. Privately, it was accepted that PIF would only officially come back to the table if acceptance by the Premier League was guaranteed. This is another snub. How will they react now?

Maybe somebody could have, I don't know, asked them?