Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I dont see how it makes any sense for NUFC to release a statement saying the bid had been rejected if indeed Stavely and PIF had not been back in. Surely that would infuriate them? It's also alluding to the fact the the PL have said PIF and KSA are not sufficiently independent which is why the PL rejected it. Again, a f***ing ridiculous political move by NUFC if the second attempt and whatever kind of rejection wasn;t true.

None of this makes any sense. Someone's lying and whoever it is is going to look f***ing horrific.

Odds on it's us.

I can't help but think this was to draw the PL out into a public statement. We're still waiting for a decision and there's 100% grounds to reject it. It's clear the PL are willing to let this impasse go on indefinitely so the club needed to act.

It's further evidence that they aren't acting apporiately, which is the point of the statement.

Makes sense to me.

For once Mike Ashley can be trusted on this, technically they may not have rejected it, but in reality this state of limbo appears to be their tactic of rejection.

The PL are being very canny here by making clear the offer of arbitration, any referral to CAS or the high court at this point will surely fall flat having not taken up this offer. That’s why Ashley and consortium want this rejected, then they have a clear route to appeal on the whole decision, not just one aspect of it.

Of course this is still all bollocks and they don’t really give a shit about whether they’re a separate entity, reinstate bein sports in Saudi Arabia and it gets approved.

Ashley should just sell and the owners dare the Premier League to throw us out/suspend us.

They have lost £500m in the last week due to the Chinese TV deal being thrown out, the local broadcasters are probably p*ssed that they are likely having to show every game all season, everyone except BeIN would be p*ssed if there was a team missing and a spare game every weekend.

Do they deal, dare the Premier League, and drag it through the courts.

Yes mate the Saudis will definitely want a team that isn't even allowed to play in the prem.

Don't be daft, they would be allowed to play in the PL, there's no other option.  The PL are playing this game because they're being allowed to.  If they had their bluff called then at worst they would fine the club.  No way on earth do they destroy their own league.

I dont see how it makes any sense for NUFC to release a statement saying the bid had been rejected if indeed Stavely and PIF had not been back in. Surely that would infuriate them? It's also alluding to the fact the the PL have said PIF and KSA are not sufficiently independent which is why the PL rejected it. Again, a f***ing ridiculous political move by NUFC if the second attempt and whatever kind of rejection wasn;t true.

None of this makes any sense. Someone's lying and whoever it is is going to look f***ing horrific.

Odds on it's us.

I can't help but think this was to draw the PL out into a public statement. We're still waiting for a decision and there's 100% grounds to reject it. It's clear the PL are willing to let this impasse go on indefinitely so the club needed to act.

It's further evidence that they aren't acting apporiately, which is the point of the statement.

Makes sense to me.

Absolutely. Pure speculation, but it was possibility intended to force the PL into a position where they had to either:

Accept that they had made a formal decision disqualifying PIF, which could be appealed, when they responded with their view that the KSA should be declared as a director.

Or, publicly state that they had not made a formal decision disqualifying PIF, which is basically a clear admission of breach of contract (the contract being the rules of the O&D test process). Then possibly use the threat of legal action to force them to make a decision.

So...... I’ve been in a pub with a Tory mp tonight. He’s told me that the government told the PL to let this go through and they refused, but pressure is still on.

The Premier league are adamant this isn't going through like.

Won't officially reject it so no one can appeal and obviously won't approve it. What a bunch of corrupt fucking twats.

So...... I’ve been in a pub with a Tory mp tonight. He’s told me that the government told the PL to let this go through and they refused, but pressure is still on.

The PL are not accountable to anyone so they can just stand their ground.

Completely fucking amateurish, isn't it?  Any fit and proper Fit and Proper test would clearly fail PIF, but they don't have one, partly because it would fail half the owners in the league.  We've kicked off and said they've rejected it, presumably because they've looked at what we've given them and said it's not good enough to pass the test.  But because saying that isn't technically the same as failing us, they've denied it.  So we say "Oh, you've not rejected it? So we'll just go ahead then?"  And the response is "noooo, you can't do that."

Who do they account for?

Completely f***ing amateurish, isn't it?  Any fit and proper Fit and Proper test would clearly fail PIF, but they don't have one, partly because it would fail half the owners in the league.  We've kicked off and said they've rejected it, presumably because they've looked at what we've given them and said it's not good enough to pass the test.  But because saying that isn't technically the same as failing us, they've denied it.  So we say "Oh, you've not rejected it? So we'll just go ahead then?"  And the response is "noooo, you can't do that."

Fail them on which grounds? The purpose of the test as far as I recall was to ensure the financial stability of the club is paramount. It’s for this reason not passing it is so controversial.

The test isn’t a moral one.

Who do they account for?

The 20 member clubs.

Completely f***ing amateurish, isn't it?  Any fit and proper Fit and Proper test would clearly fail PIF, but they don't have one, partly because it would fail half the owners in the league.  We've kicked off and said they've rejected it, presumably because they've looked at what we've given them and said it's not good enough to pass the test.  But because saying that isn't technically the same as failing us, they've denied it.  So we say "Oh, you've not rejected it? So we'll just go ahead then?"  And the response is "noooo, you can't do that."

Fail them on which grounds? The purpose of the test as far as I recall was to ensure the financial stability of the club is paramount. It’s for this reason not passing it is so controversial.

Just seen an extract posted on Twitter from the O&T test, and there is a section that states a director can be disqualified if required information isn't submitted (or words to that effect). The PL claim they are/have been asking for information that isn't forthcoming, so surely that gives them the grounds the disqualify PIF/The consortium and reject the takeover, if they indeed want to follow their own rules?

Then a formal rejection could be formally appealled?

Unless Mike Ashley is going to appear on TV with the written rejection, much like Carver did with his letter from Coloccini? Hehe

Just seen an extract posted on Twitter from the O&T test, and there is a section that states a director can be disqualified if required information isn't submitted (or words to that effect). The PL claim they are/have been asking for information that isn't forthcoming, so surely that gives them the grounds the disqualify PIF/The consortium and reject the takeover, if they indeed want to follow their own rules?

Doesn't that come back to the issue of if MBS calls the shots?  They ask for info on the owner, we give them stuff about assorted PIF goons, they roll their eyes and say "No, the owner"