Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

That was from 6 August. It’s old news.

That said, Dickie Masters and his cronies will probably have had a good laugh at the use of the words ‘Harp back’. The correct phrase is ‘Hark back’

While I’m at it, the correct phrase is ‘change tack’ (a sailing term meaning change direction) and not ‘change tact’.

And don’t get me started on the correct use of the word ‘Peddled’..

Stop stirring.

Pot kettle  :lol:

That said, Dickie Masters and his cronies will probably have had a good laugh at the use of the words ‘Harp back’. The correct phrase is ‘Hark back’

While I’m at it, the correct phrase is ‘change tack’ (a sailing term meaning change direction) and not ‘change tact’.

He's definitely harping.

'Somethink' is a personal hatred of mine, it's an Essex pronunciation thing but drives me utterly mental.

Did Mimms[/member] say there was going to be progress this week? Apart from Ashley's statement and that waffle from those 2 supporters, nothing has transpired yet and it's Thursday.

As sceptical as I am over mimms he did say there would be a statement this week. Didn't give any indication of contents, so either a brilliant guess or has a contact somewhere relevant

Did Mimms[/member] say there was going to be progress this week? Apart from Ashley's statement and that waffle from those 2 supporters, nothing has transpired yet and it's Thursday.

It's not just from "those 2 supporters" though. It has the backing and advice from much higher up than them.

I think it is without question that the club paid this groups legal fees. There are a few reasons for this I can think of:

1. The preferred legal route requires a ‘customer’

2. They had written some letters a couple of months ago which had statutory response times, so this is the speedier route

3. Generally coordinated attack of the PL from all angles

4. To add further pressure on PL without directly antagonising them

5. To break the legal action in smaller chunks to possibly avoid lengthy pre-arguments on which courts have what jurisdiction

6. To make an early grab on all PL communications.

Regardless have to move on from the idea that this is just a couple of chancers.

Good take.  I don't care if the guy who wrote the original letter is bat shit crazy; he's just a vehicle for the lawyers to use to batter the PL.  All of this may not get anywhere but who cares?  Failing another legit takeover what have we got to lose?

I think some form of PIF/Stavely/Reubens is still on the table. There are too many other rumors floating around, especially if the one about MA ignoring new inquiries is true.  If there was a legit offer out there Ashley would be snapping at it.

He only posted it 3 days ago  :lol:

Cant see anything happening until after the legal deadline next Tuesday unless the EPL decide to fold.

I am still struggling with the concept of them establishing the standing to bring the claim - to demonstrate that the claimant here has suffered a loss (in proper terms) from the anti competition actions of the Premier League.

The process is also nowhere near as simple as it is made out in that article.

I am still struggling with the concept of them establishing the standing to bring the claim - to demonstrate that the claimant here has suffered a loss (in proper terms) from the anti competition actions of the Premier League.

We as Newcastle fans have suffered a loss not having a team that can compete.

The process is also nowhere near as simple as it is made out in that article.

A loss is very broad though, surely the fact that the new buyers publicly announced they would strengthen the team, facilities and surrounding area means the the club and city are losing out.

"There is no guarantee it will play out the way we all want it to – well, the way most bar a few luke-warm dissenting voices seem to want it to."

Nice subtle little dig at Edwards.  :lol:

Love that :lol:.

It feels somewhat bizarre that after over 13 years of mismanagement, incompetence, sheer toxicity, zero relationship, Joe Kinnear, plenty other wholly inadequate managers, Jonas and cancergate, Dennis Wise, Alan Pardew, Lee Charnley, renaming the stadium, Keith Bishop and alllllllllllll of that, that I still think one of the most pleasing things should this deal find a way of getting through will be the reaction of Puke and Gorilla Mitts.

Is it wrong that this has now become one of my biggest motivations?

:lol: :lol: :lol: