Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Was it someone on here that mentioned RedBird Capital? Liverpool have seemingly benefitted from investment by them to go back to pre-COVID spending...

Redball is the group looking for a takeover, RedBird are an investment group

On 13/04/2021 at 01:10, Yorkie said:

Bump, for all your negative needs. 

Don't accept this idea Ashley wouldn't lie about the store closures being due to what the "new owners" want.  If he can convince staff it's not his decision then they're not going to eb able to argue about it or take legal action.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/government-documents-show-how-close-20380518

The British government believed a decision on the Saudi funded Newcastle United takeover was just hours away in June 2020 - and had organised a top-level Whitehall meeting in anticipation.

In emails sent to the Premier League, officials from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) stated several times that sources believed a decision was 'imminent.'

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/government-documents-show-how-close-20380518

The British government believed a decision on the Saudi funded Newcastle United takeover was just hours away in June 2020 - and had organised a top-level Whitehall meeting in anticipation.

In emails sent to the Premier League, officials from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) stated several times that sources believed a decision was 'imminent.'

What is "Grand Old Duke of York routing"?

I hope it translates as "fuck about for best part of a year and put on a show, before eventually signing it off".

Edited by deejeck

6 minutes ago, deejeck said:

I hope it translates as "fuck about for best part of a year and put on a show, before eventually signing it off".

So it basically means that someone can't decide what decision to make. So he marched them all up the hill, to then change his mind to bring them back down again.

Does anyone know what the timescale is for FOI requests?  I presume that there is a requirement to respond within a certain timeframe?  In the article, The Chronicle claim that they've been pursuing this for six months, so did the PL just buy as much time as possible?  Odd timing in relation to arbitration. 

11 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I'd guess the arrival of the new EPL chairman, mid process, with his background in Barclays.

This seems to be a good conclusion, it seems like he was also leaking info to Richards Keys as well, at least 6 clubs and Qatar didn't want it to happen and they got their wish. 

2 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Does anyone know what the timescale is for FOI requests?  I presume that there is a requirement to respond within a certain timeframe?  In the article, The Chronicle claim that they've been pursuing this for six months, so did the PL just buy as much time as possible?  Odd timing in relation to arbitration. 

https://www.gov.uk/make-a-freedom-of-information-request/how-to-make-an-foi-request

20 days, only applies to public entities. So not sure how this would apply here.

35 minutes ago, deejeck said:

I guess its the old march them up to the top of the hill and down a bit thing - just wasting time "neither up or down"

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Same. We have pur suspicions, but I'd be intrigued to know the trigger that caused the sudden U-turn.

If proper procedure was followed, I'd imagine that this where possibly something from a legal perspective came into the equation.

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, deejeck said:

You can't ask for FOI from the PL.   FOI only applies to anything public from government/local authority.  So they've chased the government department.

Edited by neesy111