Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I really want to know where he's getting the info they're asking the buyers for Qasabi from. Seems like a pretty specific thing to be leaked out.

Didn't Douglas or GC say even the buyers are now not saying what questions they are answering from the PL?

If Jacobs is correct then it must be a leak from the PL.

You'd think that if it was fully credible and confidential information leaked from the PL, the buyer and/or especially Ashley, would be all over it like a rash, suing the PL for breaching the NDA.

Guest awaymag

Jacobs is ex-beIN isn't he? That's not to say his info isn't good, but it would explain where he gets it from.

So reading all of that gumph, basically he thinks the PL are questioning why a state can ban a broadcaster......Really.......hmmmm....wonder what paragraph covers that in the O&D test.  PL are so far away from their remit if this is true its unreal!

Guest godzilla

I really want to know where he's getting the info they're asking the buyers for Qasabi from. Seems like a pretty specific thing to be leaked out.

Didn't Douglas or GC say even the buyers are now not saying what questions they are answering from the PL?

You'd think that if it was fully credible and confidential information leaked from the PL, the buyer and/or especially Ashley, would be all over it like a rash, suing the PL for breaching the NDA.

:snod:

:snod:

If that was the case, I'm not sure what benefit they'd gain by suing the PL.

Guest chopey

Sick to death of hearing about BeIN fucking Sports.

Just wait till the Longstaff boys are lifting the world cup a few days before Christmas in Qatar because Rafa has coached them into a frenzy

I think people are too keen to put a positive or a negative on those tweets. He's just giving some context to what's going on, I don't even think he's trying to push it as positive or negative.

I.e just verbiage

I think people are too keen to put a positive or a negative on those tweets. He's just giving some context to what's going on, I don't even think he's trying to push it as positive or negative.

:thup:

Even anything vaguely relevant will be followed by 'Cans?' or 'It's off, another season of Ashley. I best go renew my season ticket'

Guest godzilla

His info is clearly not from PL he’s worked in Middle East for years, he mentions contacts in PIF and Bein.

As if PIF are going to give info to a pro beIN/Qatar reporter  :lol:

His info is clearly not from PL he’s worked in Middle East for years, he mentions contacts in PIF and Bein.

As if you would know they wouldn’t  :lol:

Guest godzilla

Doesn't take much brain cells to work out why they wouldn't mind. You keep believing your new 'in the know' hero  :lol:

Doesn't take much brain cells to work out why they wouldn't mind. You keep believing your new 'in the know' hero  :lol:

It doesn’t take many brain cells to believe a journalist who works in the Middle East for various companies may have some contacts.

But hey you just keep on believing everything’s 100% positive in your own deluded little world  :lol:

Both the Chronicle and The Athletic reporting that the prospective owners have had transfer meetings this week!

The latter meeting, was a review of the current squad, with the former being potential targets!

Interesting, I would love to know who was apart of said meeting given none of the prospective people are renowned for any knowledge of football.

Hang on, we're doing this wrong

We don't post positive stuff on a Friday, we post "another week :rolleyes: I can't believe it's been [whatever fraction] of a year since this started"

We don't post positive stuff on a Friday, we post "another week :rolleyes: I can't believe it's been [whatever fraction] of a year since this started"

We post 'positive stuff' (aka 'reality') every day, bearing in mind this will be the last few days we will need to do this . . .

"I'm hearing that this is going to rumble on into next week. Both parties want a resolution sooner rather than later and we could see some movement as early as Monday."

Something like that?

That is absolutely 100% bang on what we should be seeing today

If we say it started on 13th April, that’s 102 days, which equates to 28% of a year.

Unbelievable Jeff!