Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Where do people usually drink in Leeds? Merrion Street is decent.

Aye it's canny. I drink all over. Love The Angel. Cheap as fuck. I drink a lot in Headingley. Absolutely loads of sexy student birds in Headingley. Still think the Toon is slightly better for bars and pubs but it's close.

I don't live directly in Leeds so I usually get the train there and just go call lane end/merrion.

Yeah I've been to that Angel place a few times. It's in a weird place.

Which places do you recommend in Headingley?

The Box is really good. Perfect for Sports, and very lively at night. Head of Steam is class for a quieter drink, lovely venue.

The Original Oak is amazing on a hot summer day - massive beer garden. There's like 7 pubs/bars in central Headingley, and 3 others a little further up the road in Far Headingley.

When there is a big T20 cricket match on, or big test match on, or even a Leeds Rhino's game on, just packed everywhere.

Headingley is kinda similar to Jesmond, except Jesmond doesn't have a 20K cricket and 20K rugby stadium back to back.  :lol:

All my Leeds mates love the Toon when we've went up on the piss.

Yeah I've been in The Box and Head Of Steam. I went in the new HOS near Trinity it's good.

I actually went to The Box for the first time about 10 months ago, it was quite late and I was drunk.

Funny story I went to the toilet and got the guy selling stuff to give me some aftershave. I went to give him some money but I didn't have any change. Luckily for him I was very drunk and felt bad for him so I got him to give me his sort code and account number and I sent him £2 via online banking :lol:

Might try Headingley way more next time I'm out.

Aye it's canny. I drink all over. Love The Angel. Cheap as fuck. I drink a lot in Headingley. Absolutely loads of sexy student birds in Headingley. Still think the Toon is slightly better for bars and pubs but it's close.

I don't live directly in Leeds so I usually get the train there and just go call lane end/merrion.

The Box is really good. Perfect for Sports, and very lively at night. Head of Steam is class for a quieter drink, lovely venue.

The Original Oak is amazing on a hot summer day - massive beer garden. There's like 7 pubs/bars in central Headingley, and 3 others a little further up the road in Far Headingley.

When there is a big T20 cricket match on, or big test match on, or even a Leeds Rhino's game on, just packed everywhere.

Headingley is kinda similar to Jesmond, except Jesmond doesn't have a 20K cricket and 20K rugby stadium back to back.  :lol:

Yeah I've been in The Box and Head Of Steam. I went in the new HOS near Trinity it's good.

I actually went to The Box for the first time about 10 months ago, it was quite late and I was drunk.

Funny story I went to the toilet and got the guy selling stuff to give me some aftershave. I went to give him some money but I didn't have any change. Luckily for him I was very drunk and felt bad for him so I got him to give me his sort code and account number and I sent him £2 via online banking :lol:

Class  :lol:

If this gets rejected and the Qataris end up getting Leeds now they're in the PL I'll be fuming.

Wallsendmag will be fuming even more since he insists Leeds have never been a big club.

They aren't. s*** history, s*** crowds historically, and a shithole of a stadium!

Yeah, you just need to convince the rest of the country now, we've had a week of stories and tv debates about how great it is to have Leeds back in the big time. But keep at it, your one man campaign to declare Leeds a historically small club might snowball into something bigger. :lol:

Didn't say they were small, they're just not that big. Crowd wise, trophy wise, stadium wise, all bang average really.

They've spent more of their history outside of the top division than in it ffs. There's literally nothing there that can define them as a big club.

Are we still talking about English football? Maybe your idea of a big football club is one which is a worldwide CL giant?

There are 9 clubs in England who are historically bigger than Leeds, arguably 10 if you include the mackems.

Leeds only had their 100th anniversary a year or so ago. They were good in the 70s which is why the boomers generation get all misty eyed about them and why they have so many fans in Norway and Ireland as that's when those 2 countries started showing English football on tv.

But that once you look past the hype there is objectively very little to differentiate them from a Sheffield Wednesday or even a West Brom in terms of attendance and trophies.

The city is mint for drinking in though and I've got to say I do like Elland Road as a stadium even if it isn't all polished and sparkly.

Class  :lol:

It's not the way i thought that story was going to go!

Always enjoyed our battles with this lot though had many dodgy moments down there over the years, incidents at the Scarborough and Peacock pubs spring to mind.

Lads of a certain age have no love for this lot, and younger fans will soon learn they still have a large element.

Like I’ve said not in our league, but they do have a very passionate hardcore support.

People getting radge about this thread going off topic is making me :lol:

For the record the beer garden in the Oak in Headingley is one of the best places in the country to watch an England match in the Euros/World Cup, and that's my final word on the matter. Scouts honour.

People getting radge about this thread going off topic is making me :lol:

For the record the beer garden in the Oak in Headingley is one of the best places in the country to watch an England match in the Euros/World Cup, and that's my final word on the matter. Scouts honour.

Aye the Oak is class for England games in a major tournanment like.