Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Lazaro has made an impact pretty much every time he's played. Baffles me that article when you consider Bentaleb & Rose who have done fuck all but been mainstays. Anyone with sense would sack those two off and keep Lazaro.

Lazaro looks like a really good footballer compared to most on our books, but he seems to have been involved in a few of the goals we've conceded. That said, I'd still prefer to see him on the teamsheet ahead of Yedlin who isn't really good at anything.

If this gets rejected and the Qataris end up getting Leeds now they're in the PL I'll be fuming.

Wallsendmag will be fuming even more since he insists Leeds have never been a big club.

They aren't. s*** history, s*** crowds historically, and a shithole of a stadium!

Last 2 are very accurate, they’ve never averaged over 40k in their history.

Danny Mills claimed recently they’d get 50k in league one, very overrated and not in our league support wise.

Back when Leeds were a big side, not many sides were getting more than 40k average crowds. They've been out of the top flight for 16 years.

Absolute bollocks. Imagine paying to read that fantasy s****.

You’d really have to question that publication if something like that gets approved. Lazaro has been decent aside from a shaky start. Dangerous on the ball. Does the basics well. A real eye for goal.

Who knows why he hasn’t been picked. I’m assuming there’s some sort of clause if he plays a certain number of games, or maybe the club has to pay a higher wage for games he starts. Or maybe he just has no intention of signing full time for us.

It’s most certainly not a footballing decision.

If we had a first option it would be a no brainer.

Are the athletic turning into the clubs mouthpiece?

If this gets rejected and the Qataris end up getting Leeds now they're in the PL I'll be fuming.

Wallsendmag will be fuming even more since he insists Leeds have never been a big club.

They aren't. s*** history, s*** crowds historically, and a shithole of a stadium!

Danny Mills claimed recently they’d get 50k in league one, very overrated and not in our league support wise.

Back when Leeds were a big side, not many sides were getting more than 40k average crowds. They've been out of the top flight for 16 years.

C’mon Elland Road held 40k when they were riding high and in champions league. I remember year after they won league, they played Norwich at home and there were rows of empty blue seats in their brand new east stand.

They’re up there with the best away support wise, but Leeds is not a football city on par with Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle.

Guest godzilla

Roll up lads I know your all big Wraith fans. Zilla this will be right up your street everyone thinks the takeover will happen on this show.

Jacobite, It's not me who every week keeps telling people that the Wraith show is coming up like you do  :lol:

Roll up lads I know your all big Wraith fans. Zilla this will be right up your street everyone thinks the takeover will happen on this show.

Jacobite, It's not me who every week keeps telling people that the Wraith show is coming up like you do  :lol:

I thought it might be good counselling for you.

Guest godzilla

I thought it might be good counselling for you.

O0

Fuck Leeds.  Shit club, shit fans, shit city.

I don't mind the city.  I just remember being down there for a friendly around 10(?... Fraser Foster howler) year ago, stayed after the game, missed our train home as we met a few 'decent' fans and had drinks, ended up getting set about by the same cunts as the night went on and more of them appeared.

Understand we all have this type of fan, but it left a bitter taste, therefore, cunts the lot of them :lol:

Before that I didnt give a shit about them.

Fuck Leeds.  Shit club, shit fans, shit city.

I don't mind the city.  I just remember being down there for a friendly around 10(?... Fraser Foster howler) year ago, stayed after the game, missed our train home as we met a few 'decent' fans and had drinks, ended up getting set about by the same cunts as the night went on and more of them appeared.

Understand we all have this type of fan, but it left a bitter taste, therefore, cunts the lot of them :lol:

Before that I didnt give a shit about them.

That was a regular thing in Leeds . Don't know if it still holds but in the 80s/90s/00s they had an above average number of compmete knacker fans and a particular dislike for us that even spread away from the football.

Also we have a depot there and nowt to do with football,they are known throughout the country in our trade as being arseholes.

Who exactly on the board of this proposed takeover, knows anything about football and who is worth signing/keeping? What a load of shite.

totally

I haven't read anything, anywhere, that says they definitely met "totally on their own".

If they are as far advanced (as I'm sure they are) into their own certainly of the takeover, they will also have people who they intend to employ on the football side of things, who will (of necessity) have been in the meeting.

Yes, perhaps one of them was Rafa . . . nobody knows for sure, but nice to think he might already be getting involved!

They aren't. Shit history, shit crowds historically, and a shithole of a stadium!

Yeah, you just need to convince the rest of the country now, we've had a week of stories and tv debates about how great it is to have Leeds back in the big time. But keep at it, your one man campaign to declare Leeds a historically small club might snowball into something bigger. :lol:

Didn't say they were small, they're just not that big. Crowd wise, trophy wise, stadium wise, all bang average really.

They've spent more of their history outside of the top division than in it ffs. There's literally nothing there that can define them as a big club.

C’mon Elland Road held 40k when they were riding high and in champions league. I remember year after they won league, they played Norwich at home and there were rows of empty blue seats in their brand new east stand.

They’re up there with the best away support wise, but Leeds is not a football city on par with Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle.

It's just a lot more spread out, and there are a lot more clubs within 5-10 miles than there are here. Plus half of them prefer rugby anyway