Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest godzilla

Nothing new in that at all.

The person tweeting it was adamant it wasn't going through only a few weeks ago.

Finally I’m out, it all points to Hairy cunts employers meddling in this and the PL have shit themselves, better the devil you know.

They have fucked this around long enough, no way this should be taking this long, I’m now convinced it’s not going through, I’ve hoped for the best but we know deep down it’s not happening.

Why the fuck they can’t just tell us? Out of spite they are being cunts.

I do not blame Ashley in any of this, still want rid of the cunt, unless he’s not helping deliberately so he doesn’t have to spend anything in this transfer window.

It makes no sense now why an announcement can’t be made unless the PL are deliberately fucking it around.

Every time we get the shit end of the stick under Ashley.Fuck the lot of them.

Guest godzilla

Nothing new in that at all.

The person tweeting it was adamant it wasn't going through only a few weeks ago.

I meant in the story itself. It's just re-written news from last week.

Yeah I know the story and it is dated from the 24th if you see the article, just thought it was interesting that someone who was so adamant that there was no chance it was happening has suddenly changed his mind

I think it's become clear that landmarks and milestones on the football calendar have had no bearing on the timing of a decision so far: project restart coming and going didn't open the door, our mathematical survival didn't, the Title being wrapped up didn't, and it seems doubtful that the end of the fixture list will have any significance in promoting the decision either.

But you would have to assume that the PL would have a desire to get the Saudis in and spending as soon as practicable - so I wonder if the transfer window opening might shove things along a bit?

I guess it depends on whether or not closing the matter earlier than they would have liked - to enable Saudi money to give the transfer market a shot in the arm - outweighs the benefits of holding-off on a decision, and exploiting their interest to cure piracy ills and remedy or improve whatever other matters their involvement would indirectly impact.

Finally I’m out, it all points to Hairy cunts employers meddling in this and the PL have shit themselves, better the devil you know.

They have fucked this around long enough, no way this should be taking this long, I’m now convinced it’s not going through, I’ve hoped for the best but we know deep down it’s not happening.

I do not blame Ashley in any of this, still want rid of the cunt, unless he’s not helping deliberately so he doesn’t have to spend anything in this transfer window.

It makes no sense now why an announcement can’t be made unless the PL are deliberately fucking it around.

Bet you're not.

I think it's become clear that landmarks and milestones on the football calendar have had no bearing on the timing of a decision so far: project restart coming and going didn't open the door, our mathematical survival didn't, the Title being wrapped up didn't, and it seems doubtful that the end of the fixture list will have any significance in promoting the decision either.

But you would have to assume that the PL would have a desire to get the Saudis in and spending as soon as practicable - so I wonder if the transfer window opening might shove things along a bit?

I guess it depends on whether or not closing the matter earlier than they would have liked - to enable Saudi money to give the transfer market a shot in the arm - outweighs the benefits of holding-off on a decision, and exploiting their interest to cure piracy ills and remedy or improve whatever other matters their involvement would indirectly impact.

It suggests to me the PL have asked for something specific and they're not getting satisfactory answers about it yet so there's an ongoing process rather than a finite end date. Fuck knows what it could be but I don't see an alternative, they can't still be just doing checks on 3 people after this amount of time.

I also think it bodes well that KSA aren't just giving up and seem intent to complete the deal, hopefully the Qatar angle has really got their backs up.

The Premier League does look, increasingly, like a closed-shop designed to protect the "big five" (Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal) - it may well be that this is a legacy of the formation of the Premier League which started with a meeting of those same "big five" clubs to break away from the English Football League.

Crazy idea time.... Perhaps it's time to start asking the question whether the Premier League has outlived its purpose - that perhaps PIF should push on without the approval of the Premier League and approach the EFL about re-establishing itself as the operator of the top-tier of English football.  If the majority of PL clubs agreed then any dissenters would likely quickly come on board (as it's hard to sustain a league with only 5 clubs).

Oh I think it's clear as day that the PL are trying to squeeze as much out of this deal at possible. I reckon it could easily have been done a lot sooner had it purely been a case of "do they pass our test as potential football club owners." Seems clear to me that the PL are using their interest to deal with matters that have nothing to do with one of their clubs being owned by credible individuals.

The Premier League does look, increasingly, like a closed-shop designed to protect the "big five" (Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal) - it may well be that this is a legacy of the formation of the Premier League which started with a meeting of those same "big five" clubs to break away from the English Football League.

Crazy idea time.... Perhaps it's time to start asking the question whether the Premier League has outlived its purpose - that perhaps PIF should push on without the approval of the Premier League and approach the EFL about re-establishing itself as the operator of the top-tier of English football.  If the majority of PL clubs agreed then any dissenters would likely quickly come on board (as it's hard to sustain a league with only 5 clubs).

What are you basing that on?

Two parts - happening at all, and happening increasingly?

Will be one of those intiatives where Mental Health has to be a standing agenda item on every PL and club meeting, and at those meetings everybody present has nothing to say on mental health.

The nice men in white suits with butterfly nets will be by shortly. :lol:

Whilst I'd never try and pass it off as a mental health issue, at the start of this process i was honestly demented!

I couldn't concentrate on work etc because I was so fixated on this.

Although some replies in here do have me a little worried for some of our fanbase :lol:

Finally I’m out, it all points to Hairy c***s employers meddling in this and the PL have s*** themselves, better the devil you know.

They have f***ed this around long enough, no way this should be taking this long, I’m now convinced it’s not going through, I’ve hoped for the best but we know deep down it’s not happening.

Why the f*** they can’t just tell us? Out of spite they are being c***s.

I do not blame Ashley in any of this, still want rid of the c***, unless he’s not helping deliberately so he doesn’t have to spend anything in this transfer window.

It makes no sense now why an announcement can’t be made unless the PL are deliberately f***ing it around.

Every time we get the s*** end of the stick under Ashley.f*** the lot of them.

Bet you're not.

Mate I’ve been on /off/on. More times than a brides knickers.

Mentally I’ve given up, fuck this.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit the takeover hasn't had an impact on my mental health

When the story first broke, I was elated at the prospect of my club being able to compete at the top once again, and that hope alone honestly got me through some days earlier in the year when there wasn't much else in my life to look forward to.

Then that hope, descended into obsession when I was frantically checking social media every hour for updates on the current state of play and also to consume any form of discussion with supporters.

To have that obsession, prolonged for weeks and weeks with confusing and contradictory insight from relevant parties hasn't been easy. However, it's definitely fair to say that it was my choice to have placed so much energy on the topic itself and additionally I should have tried harder to let this just progress in the background, yet I've found it almost impossible to disengage with it because of the lack of finality over a prospective decision, positive or negative, it's the tantalizing hope and fear of the unknown that keeps me coming back.

I think also because I attached so much positive connotations to the takeover - Newcastle challenging for titles, cups, massive investment in the city and region etc, that euphoria, intertwined with an already deep-seated passion for the club, unfortunately gave away to this relentless fixation.

I would say presently, it's more a case of overriding numbness to the matter rather than genuine enthusiasm, which I ascribe to the blanket coverage of relating all NUFC matters to the takeover. Despite this, I recognize I've let it become an unhealthy obsession and have promised myself to lower my investment in it all, easier said than done mind! Although, will be a hell of a lot easier if the current regime is in charge for the start of next season.

Not really sure where I was going with all this now, but just to say, I do totally get how supporters have experienced a detrimental impact on their mental health because of it. It may seem irrational, but that's what imbues it with so much energy, that irrationality magnifies it beyond measure and its hard to maintain such fervor without it eventually wearing you down.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit the takeover hasn't had an impact on my mental health

When the story first broke, I was elated at the prospect of my club being able to compete at the top once again, and that hope alone honestly got me through some days earlier in the year when there wasn't much else in my life to look forward to.

Then that hope, descended into obsession when I was frantically checking social media every hour for updates on the current state of play and also to consume any form of discussion with supporters.

To have that obsession, prolonged for weeks and weeks with confusing and contradictory insight from relevant parties hasn't been easy. However, it's definitely fair to say that it was my choice to have placed so much energy on the topic itself and additionally I should have tried harder to let this just progress in the background, yet I've found it almost impossible to disengage with it because of the lack of finality over a prospective decision, positive or negative, it's the tantalizing hope and fear of the unknown that keeps me coming back.

I think also because I attached so much positive connotations to the takeover - Newcastle challenging for titles, cups, massive investment in the city and region etc, that euphoria, intertwined with an already deep-seated passion for the club, unfortunately gave away to this relentless fixation.

I would say presently, it's more a case of overriding numbness to the matter rather than genuine enthusiasm, which I ascribe to the blanket coverage of relating all NUFC matters to the takeover. Despite this, I recognize I've let it become an unhealthy obsession and have promised myself to lower my investment in it all, easier said than done mind! Although, will be a hell of a lot easier if the current regime is in charge for the start of next season.

Not really sure where I was going with all this now, but just to say, I do totally get how supporters have experienced a detrimental impact on their mental health because of it. It may seem irrational, but that's what imbues it with so much energy, that irrationality magnifies it beyond measure and its hard to maintain such fervor without it eventually wearing you down.

Perfectly put.....I think a few of us feel the same way.....it’s been the length of the takeover that’s been all consuming....up one minute, down the next.....I always thought I’d try and look positively and that the takeover will happen but bloody hell, it’s been a long and hard ride and even taxing my positive outlook