Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Barry Glendenning has to the most annoying cunt ever like, thick as fuck

:lol: I like Barry a lot but know that he, like many other Guardianers, have been very condescending towards Newcastle fans on this topic. What's he said now?

:lol: I like Barry a lot but know that he, like many other Guardianers, have been very condescending towards Newcastle fans on this topic. What's he said now?

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1291812600779608066

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1291822826077540352

The bloke is a complete moron man, how can you have such a reductive outlook on sporting competition when your profession is literally sports journalism? You can essentially distill his argument to - if you're not at the bottom of the football pyramid, you've got nothing to moan about

Heaven forbid fans actually have ambitions for their team to be successful

His Mackem blinkers heavily inform his contrarian rhetoric and it's so painfully obvious. He'll still be pleading for sympathy for them without the esteemed logic that he applied to us.

N-O is one cryptic Stavely statement away from going full QAnon :lol:

Damn it!  I never thought of that!  This could be a deep state move to suppress the North East.  :frantic:

https://twitter.com/HaddawayMan/status/1291624500199596032?s=19

I doubt it. I think the corruption here starts with Qatar and ends with the PL.

Certain clubs having a better seat at the table is of no surprise but plenty of consequence. Liverpool, I get, Spurs i do not.

Of course they would want to protect their position by any means necessary. It doesn’t look good for them in a competitive point of view. Afraid of little old Newcastle doing well..

It’s been a week since they “pulled out” and initially i was despondent, but this is an obvious ploy to show the PL how much support they have. It’s changing the narrative in the media away from negative story after story paid for by Qatar. They can’t launch a legal challenge if they haven’t been rejected so this is to force the PL to make some sort of announcement one way or the other so they can set about phase 2.

I can feel myself being pulled back in again.  Not sure why I'm allowing it to happen as last Thursday was a pretty grim experience which I'd rather not repeat.

That's life mate, a series of grim experiences interspersed with periods of delusion where you think everything is alright.  ;D

Guest Cheesy Beans

I got the same email response as the Boris one from Kelly Tolhurst, fwiw.

It looks like MPs have been advised to send it out as a stock reply (unless they choose to personally write to the PL). But the reply clearly agrees with us that clarity from the PL is needed, to have Government backing for that is huge.

The reply with Boris’ name attached to it, whether a scripted reply or not, has now been printed by 4 national newspapers, all of the local press and retweeted over 1,000 times. If that encourages more people to get behind the petition, gives other high-profile people the confidence to get behind it, or it keeps it in the public interest for longer, it’s done a great job :thup:

It's hard to complain at MPs sending stock replies when most of the fans are sending stock letters. :lol:

I think the contribution from both sides is excellent, and long may the letters and the replies, stock or otherwise, continue.

People knocking the Stavely comment need to take their heads for a shite. What the fuck was she meant to say in the circumstances.

Anyway, fuck that. Real rant coming up...

Why do all the premier league clubs, outside the big six, not protest FFP. They must see it does them no favours and only serves to widen the gulf.

The 'competition' in the premier league is actually degrading year by year as long as it continues. Its bad enough that Sky are so pro big 6 that other clubs are marginalised almost to the point of non-existence.

I remember the last time I tuned in early to watch the build up to our game only to listen to them talking about Liverpool and Manchester United for 25 minutes. Finally turning to the actual game they were showing about 6 minutes before kick off. Why the fuck do the audience, that is football fans of all other clubs, just accept this is the way it is?

Why would all the non-top 6 clubs listen to Bein Sports requests to object to the takeover. Doing so only reinforces the elite top 6. They may not particularly want a seventh strong club but if they ever want to progress themselves they have to have the freedom to do so and as things stand they can't.

The way the PL is now, with the controlling influence of the big 6, it just has to be broken or football is fucked for all but the elite. Is it already too late? I hope not, I hope this current situation serves to restructure some issues that badly need restructuring and I wish the supporters of eg. Villa, Burnley and Everton could understand this too. When are the sports journalists that love the game going to get it?

If this takeover doesn't succeed the big 6 will be even stonger and the league suffers. That's my take anyway, generated from a purely selfish and jaundiced eye.

He’s a Sunderland fan. Once you are aware of that then make your own judgement calls on anything he has to say. Good or bad.

Looking back on golf mags info re Richard Bevan basically saying the sale wasn’t going through due to Ashley, having given this more thought i do believe maybe PL execs (would it be a long shot that Bill Bush would speak to Richard Bevan) we’re trying to shift the blame even before consortium officially pulled out.

I think what we’ve established from all this is that despite the PL being huge business, the actual operation is a clique and pretty small scale.

I’m guessing what Staveley has said is pretty spot on about them refusing to make a decision (I hope they have proof of this), and they currently have absolutely no idea how to answer the questions put to them.

But going back to the initial point if golf mags info is correct, it shows they were already trying to pass the blame on to someone else for the delay, which actually gives me confidence that they may be actually trying to sort this behind the scenes, as I’m convinced they actually have no legitimate reason that they would want to give publicly for taking 17 weeks.

Bottom line is that they have to reply to these MP letters, and I don’t think a bland reply saying it’s a confidential process is going to cut it anymore, especially since one of the replies will be to Boris.

Ashley’s going to look even dafter and an even bigger moron if Golfmag is right. Imagine all this shite aimed at the Premier League, letters from the PM, petitions, etc if they turn around and say ‘not our fault, Ashley moved the goalposts’. Another reason I’m more convinced he’s talking bollocks.

Ashley’s going to look even dafter and an even bigger moron if Golfmag is right. Imagine all this s**** aimed at the Premier League, letters from the PM, petitions, etc if they turn around and say ‘not our fault, Ashley moved the goalposts’. Another reason I’m more convinced he’s talking bollocks.

It has been acknowledged he did move goal posts and renegotiated the price. However, my point being Staveley confirmed this wasn’t a deal breaker, but would it be beyond the PL pushing that story out to there mates just to pass the blame.

Nearly at 96,000, almost a sure thing we’ll hit 100,000+ tomorrow.

Yet it still means fuckin nowt.

As positive as I want to be.... All this is just built up hope. Looking for positives in everything. I just can't see anything changing with the PL.  It's effectively over.

Nothing will come from any of this the Premier League aren’t all of a sudden going suddenly allow the Saudis in. It is nice however nice to see us united and acting as one. If we’d done this ten years ago who knows where we’d be now.

Ashley’s going to look even dafter and an even bigger moron if Golfmag is right. Imagine all this s**** aimed at the Premier League, letters from the PM, petitions, etc if they turn around and say ‘not our fault, Ashley moved the goalposts’. Another reason I’m more convinced he’s talking bollocks.

It has been acknowledged he did move goal posts and renegotiated the price. However, my point being Staveley confirmed this wasn’t a deal breaker, but would it be beyond the PL pushing that story out to there mates just to pass the blame.

There’s been no indication the deal is off because of Ashley.

Nothing will come from any of this the Premier League aren’t all of a sudden going suddenly allow the Saudis in. It is nice however nice to see us united and acting as one. If we’d done this ten years ago who knows where we’d be now.

I still think Staveley will end up owning the club, it might be without the Saudis and in 6 months time, but I don’t think she’s going anywhere.

I still think Staveley will end up owning the club, it might be without the Saudis and in 6 months time, but I don’t think she’s going anywhere.

I agree

Fully accept why people oppose the deal too by the way and not on board with it all.

I don't accept why people oppose the deal unless they stop talking shit about human rights and admit this is about money. So if you have a Khashoggi advatar in your profile you can fuck right off.