Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So are we all agreed PCP/PIF/RB are gone for good?

100% definitely not. It's gone quiet, but there's no way Staveley, Reuben's and PIF have completely walked away. Not a chance.

My personal belief is this PR exercise regarding the new takeover rumours is an attempt to push PIF to get back to the table and offer the PL what they want.

I dont.........this Friday is key..........

Why?

I've no idea.....but for the past 18 weeks - there was always a day that was key.......kind of miss having a prediction that you know is bullishit but part of you still cant wait for the day to arrive!

100% definitely not. It's gone quiet, but there's no way Staveley, Reuben's and PIF have completely walked away. Not a chance.

My personal belief is this PR exercise regarding the new takeover rumours is an attempt to push PIF to get back to the table and offer the PL what they want.

I can understand the logic but personally, I think it's just wishful thinking and that it's quiet because there's nothing more to be said.

In saying that, there is the NUST meeting with the PL which should be interesting to hear about.

I can understand the logic but personally, I think it's just wishful thinking and that it's quiet because there's nothing more to be said.

In saying that, there is the NUST meeting with the PL which should be interesting to hear about.

I think it's plainly obvious that the only thing left of this is getting answers. There's zero chance the PL approve this in any form with PIF involved.

I find it hard to believe that PIF would walk away from the deal in its current state. The PL never rejected them  for a start. They were planning on spending £350m to buy us, a couple of hundred more improving the infrastructure of the club and transfers, plus further investment of millions into the city. The Reubens have probably earmarked some development in the city as well. There's so much at stake in that deal that comes with potentially years of planning. I can't see them walking away from it like this. There's more to come from this deal before its dead and depending on how they deal with the PL it could still yet be completed. Just my opinion of course which is based of pure guess work and wishful thinking because who really knows what is going on?

I find it hard to believe that PIF would walk away from the deal in its current state. The PL never rejected them  for a start. They were planning on spending £350m to buy us, a couple of hundred more improving the infrastructure of the club and transfers, plus further investment of millions into the city. The Reubens have probably earmarked some development in the city as well. There's so much at stake in that deal that comes with potentially years of planning. I can't see them walking away from it like this. There's more to come from this deal before its dead and depending on how they deal with the PL it could still yet be completed. Just my opinion of course which is based of pure guess work and wishful thinking because who really knows what is going on?

But it's been made plainly obvious that the PL won't pass them - even if it takes 18 months to subsequently fail them. It doesn't matter how much PIF want it to happen, it's quite clear it won't.

Seemingly it’s a meeting with supporters trusts of another 5 or 6 clubs primarily to talk about getting fans back in to stadiums. I suspect any NUST questions about the takeover will be batted away

Seemingly it’s a meeting with supporters trusts of another 5 or 6 clubs primarily to talk about getting fans back in to stadiums. I suspect any NUST questions about the takeover will be batted away

Takeover is on the agenda. Already confirmed.

Think the PL have agreed to talk about it.

But it's been made plainly obvious that the PL won't pass them - even if it takes 18 months to subsequently fail them. It doesn't matter how much PIF want it to happen, it's quite clear it won't.

Not really if arbitration find that they’re a separate entity, it would be difficult for them to find grounds to reject using current o & d. The PL are looking to absolve themselves of any responsibility, if it goes to arbitration they can say to bein we had no choice but to approve.

Think the PL have agreed to talk about it.

I fully support the trust and what they've done so far is magnificent but I can't see them getting any more than a standard PR fluff brush off in this meeting.

Ashley has even said himself the day the club finally gets sold there won’t be none of this circus and bullshit it will just be done. Zero chance PIF or this new lot end up buying us.

While it is unlikely that either of these two deals go through I do find it hilarious that everyone takes this one line from Ashley as gospel despite him being proven to be a liar and to mislead fans on purpose.