Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm curious to learn why the league is making a decision now, when the buyers pulled out publicly in July. So it shows that things were happening behind the scenes and I'm glad there's clarity. The legal battle that comes from this will be worth it, I promise! The club's taken special offence at the legal distinction between PIF and government which will make things explosive

How can they reject it when it was withdrawn last month? :lol:

or did it rejected pre withdrawal and NUFC are just 2 months late in confirming?

There was talk about it trying to be revived and we would only hear next if it was successful or failed. This is it. I feel like the PL has been trying to save face and Ashley has called them on it.

In terms of a legal battle if it happens would this be in regards to the Premier League’s decision and having this overturned? Or would it just be for damages at the length of time taken and we’d still be stuck with MA even if the appeal was succesful?

I'm curious to learn why the league is making a decision now, when the buyers pulled out publicly in July. So it shows that things were happening behind the scenes and I'm glad there's clarity. The legal battle that comes from this will be worth it, I promise! The club's taken special offence at the legal distinction between PIF and government which will make things explosive

The bid was never withdrawn, and this is probably the outcome following further discussions.

They’ve got a decision, now challenge it through the courts.

tenor.gif

:lol: Aye. That’s my interest rekindled. This is going to get ugly. Mike always gets his way.

I'm just buzzing to see the state of Ashley's attire if he's going to have to attend any form of legal hearing in person.  :lol:

Oversized jeans and carrier bag presumably.