Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Very coincidental that some listed property has been tied up by a middle east firm? I'm sure the Reubens would have been aware of this?

Why would they be?

Reubens are mostly invested in property development. This is a property that is already developed, and is in an area of Newcastle that isn’t being developed.

It isn’t a property they would be interested in.

Wasn’t it the fact the owners of the building didn’t want the east stand expanded due to it blocking the light? Nothing to do with the fact it is a grade listed building. If it’s owned by any potential club owner then you wouldn’t have someone stopping any expansion?

Wasn’t it the fact the owners of the building didn’t want the east stand expanded due to it blocking the light? Nothing to do with the fact it is a grade listed building. If it’s owned by any potential club owner then you wouldn’t have someone stopping any expansion?

I thought it was actually the land that was needed, but you might be right.

Maybe it’s Qatar that has bought those properties? Just to throw another spanner in the works.

That sounds batshit crazy. Maybe they just sold the flats to a Middle East investment group that fucking hates football.

If Saudi were going to buy the club and money was no object, they’d look at other options. (Leazes Park)

The damage has already been done by Mike Ashley with regards to any future development of SJP, it’s almost impossible to reverse that

Maybe it’s Qatar that has bought those properties? Just to throw another spanner in the works.

That sounds batshit crazy. Maybe they just sold the flats to a Middle East investment group that fucking hates football.

If Saudi were going to buy the club and money was no object, they’d look at other options. (Leazes Park)

The damage has already been done by Mike Ashley with regards to any future development of SJP, it’s almost impossible to reverse that

I did just make it up. Just a thought.

I imagine they'd look at all options, not just other options.

I had a response from my dweeb of an MP, sort of

Dear William Pilgrim

Thank you for getting in touch about the Premier League and NUFC.

Richard wrote to the Premier League on November 24th to ask what was going on, and what the next steps are following the failed takeover of NUFC. He knows the strength of feeling of his constituents on this issue, and is concerned that the process has not been transparent and that his constituents deserve answers.

Richard has spoken to Guy Opperman, his neighbouring MP, about this issue – see here – https://twitter.com/RicHolden/status/1291484530071805959. He has also previously written to the Premier League about this – see here – https://www.richardholden.org.uk/news/richard-holden-writes-premier-league-seek-clarity-about-nufc-takeover – and is now awaiting a response to his more recent letter.

Once we have heard back from them and have more clarity about the situation, we will be able to update you. Richard may do a press release on this, but there will certainly be some information put up on his website when we have more info.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Senior Parliamentary Assistant to Richard Holden MP

My response to the response:

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for responding and I look forward to seeing what he has to say on the matter. I always understood it to be the case that Tories absolutely love money so would be curious to see a situation where the biggest pot of gold in the world was hand delivered to the region and there wasn’t the fullest effort available to secure it.

Regards,

BP