Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Basically it’s possible to have a quick resolution. There is increased hopes the PL will come back round the table and deal with it properly. Buyers reckon they’ve done everything right.

Ashley has assurances from PIF that they’ll come back if PL give the go ahead

Quick solution

De Marco confidence

The arbitration process won't side with us!

The PL and FA get a pick each and we get one! We know how this will end!

What language is this ?

So glad you pulled this. I honestly look at posts like this and wonder if i'm getting old and simply do not understand the way the next gen type (like accidently stumbling on to 4Chan and wondering if you are about to be arrested) then you come along and put me at ease.  :lol:

Quick solution

De Marco confidence

What language is this ?

So glad you pulled this. I honestly look at posts like this and wonder if i'm getting old and simply do not understand the way the next gen type (like accidently stumbling on to 4Chan and wondering if you are about to be arrested) then you come along and put me at ease.  :lol:

:lol:

So the state of play seems to be this: PIF and the Saudi side believe they are right and that they provided the necessary legal documents that written in saudi arabian law. The premier league don't believe them and don't accept the evidence.

De Marco has been instructed in the commencement of arbitration proceedings. That process requires the appointment of a panel of arbitrators, one chosen by PL, one by us and one 'independent' or if not chosen by the FA. The recent difficulty has been the selection of the latter arbitrator. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that rumours of 'progress' surround that appointment, and that if decided will lead to the setting of the date/dates at which evidence will be given and the issue determined.

At this arbitration, de marco is trying to say that the o&d test was not done fairly. He will point to ownership models at man city, west brom and crystal palace (i think) and say you don't impose the same standard on them. That standard relates to the nominations of directors, and how those clubs can quite easily have shadow directors but no one ever bothered to check. The PL clearly have a bee in their bonnet though, in desperately wanting to know in intimate detail who runs us. They think the breadcrumbs all lead to the saudi state, which in turn links them to piracy. They then use that to either block it or to use it as a dealmaker.

I suspect that the fans consortium angle was backed by us for two related reasons. Smoking out leaks and blatantly accusing pl of corruption is not in the remit of the fair o&d hearing argument or arbitration. But if it works, it helps in the argument over the arbitrator pick and helps expose the inequality between tests or additional evidence of 'extra attention' to our potential board.

So the reason no one knows how long this will take is because they either don't have a date or are about to get one. People/journos are hedging their bets on the outcome of the arbitration, and clearly thinking that if it loses we will appeal thus extending the process further. On the one hand we arbitrate quickly and win, deal done. On the other we lose and it goes on and on.

What did they say?

Actually the most interesting part I thought was in relation to NCSL. Kennedy implied that over next few weeks will decide whether they proceed with legal action or not.

Now being a glass half full kinda guy, my take is the arbitration is due to be heard shortly. I think De Marco’s tweet regarding a heavy 3 weeks, and Kennedy’s article yesterday where he basically said this is the quiet before storm implies this heavily.

Despite the bullish nature of NCSL I think they’ve cooled their jets at least publicly re court action. I’m hoping this is due to confidence in the clubs case now being the quickest route via arbitration.

Quick solution

De Marco confidence

What language is this ?

There was once a day on here when structuring a post like that would get you a warning :lol:

So the state of play seems to be this: PIF and the Saudi side believe they are right and that they provided the necessary legal documents that written in saudi arabian law. The premier league don't believe them and don't accept the evidence.

De Marco has been instructed in the commencement of arbitration proceedings. That process requires the appointment of a panel of arbitrators, one chosen by PL, one by us and one 'independent' or if not chosen by the FA. The recent difficulty has been the selection of the latter arbitrator. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that rumours of 'progress' surround that appointment, and that if decided will lead to the setting of the date/dates at which evidence will be given and the issue determined.

At this arbitration, de marco is trying to say that the o&d test was not done fairly. He will point to ownership models at man city, west brom and crystal palace (i think) and say you don't impose the same standard on them. That standard relates to the nominations of directors, and how those clubs can quite easily have shadow directors but no one ever bothered to check. The PL clearly have a bee in their bonnet though, in desperately wanting to know in intimate detail who runs us. They think the breadcrumbs all lead to the saudi state, which in turn links them to piracy. They then use that to either block it or to use it as a dealmaker.

I suspect that the fans consortium angle was backed by us for two related reasons. Smoking out leaks and blatantly accusing pl of corruption is not in the remit of the fair o&d hearing argument or arbitration. But if it works, it helps in the argument over the arbitrator pick and helps expose the inequality between tests or additional evidence of 'extra attention' to our potential board.

So the reason no one knows how long this will take is because they either don't have a date or are about to get one. People/journos are hedging their bets on the outcome of the arbitration, and clearly thinking that if it loses we will appeal thus extending the process further. On the one hand we arbitrate quickly and win, deal done. On the other we lose and it goes on and on.

I didn't realise that we could appeal the arbitration decision should it go against us. Not sure why I thought this but I thought the arbitration decision was final.

Guest Howaythetoon

What did they say?

Friday, 3.00pm, someday

Please stop.

It was never, ever, ever funny. Now it's simply winding people up.

cheers :thup:

Ok Mein Führer

FFS really, this place is becoming a joke  :rolleyes: