Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I have tried, I have tried hard, but I cannot even come close to understanding how anyone - faced with the facts - could have been anything but confident that this Takeover would succeed.

Based purely on the calibre of the people buying us, it was never going to be in doubt.

All we have to do (during the current quiet period) as I have said time-after-time on here, is WAIT !!!

if we’re facing facts the takeover is off. Factually you’ll need PIF to say the sale is back on before you can have facts.

Currently we have Instagram photos and conjecture. No facts.  However, personally I feel that while the legal process is ongoing there’s still a chance that’s it’s not all about Ashley’s compensation.

So if the takeover does go through does that mean Luke Edwards has been wrong about everything the whole time and must leave to cover another club

He has to walk from SJP to the Civic Centre naked, while Mike Ashley rings a bell.

So if the takeover does go through does that mean Luke Edwards has been wrong about everything the whole time and must leave to cover another club

If the takeover goes through, North East sports journalism will be obsolete. Takeover crumbs are the only reason any of them still have twitter followers.

If the takeover goes through, North East sports journalism will be obsolete. Takeover crumbs are the only reason any of them still have twitter followers.

Moves on to transfer rumours, which there will be plenty of.

Moves on to transfer rumours, which there will be plenty of.

"My sources tell me Guardiola would prefer to keep Shaun Longstaff and has no interest in Marco Veratti."

@LukeEdwards - twitter

Surely a little contradictory from the baldy wockney here.

He always does that. He writes a tweet that gets attention due to negativity, then contradicts himself in either follow up tweets or in responses.

Luke hasn't been wrong once tbf

In fact he's been far closer than fan favourites Kennedy and Caulkin

All rather disappointing really

How's your mate Trump doing with the overturning of these votes btw?

Christ, talk about not letting it go! Woking hell!

https://youtu.be/cQ3uSj5xkHE

This has been really worth watching in terms of what could be going on with DeMarco and arbitration etc.

In what way?

Yeah not particularly enlightening IMO.  She doesn't really seem to have her finger on the pulse of what's gone on to be honest.  "If they [Premier League] had ongoing dialogue with PIF within a reasonable timeframe its difficult to prove they delayed the test"..  What gives her the impression this was a reasonable time frame?  I mean its to be proven either way obviously but she's saying that as if it seems very likely it was reasonable, which it doesn't at all.  Wether it was or wasn't looking in from the outside, going by all previous OD tests, it looks excessively long in the extreme.  That's before we even talk about info we've heard about the question they were asking being answered numerous times and still asked again repeatedly.  Now people can say the answer might not have been acceptable to the PL, but the response to that is to make a decision based on that unacceptable answer.  Not to just keep repeating the question again and again, that's absolutely a delaying tactic in anybody's book.