Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The doom and gloomers on here will say Twitter assumptions

I like to think I'm no doom and gloomer but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that Twitter is that last place to go to for believable ITK news.

Depends on the source

Of course, that's fair but even then, as we've found out over the last 12 months, even when that source is trusted, what was said didn't end up as good news.

Guest neesy111

Can't wait till all this bollocks is consigned to the history books one way or another.

:thup:

The whole thing is tedious.

Can't wait till all this bollocks is consigned to the history books one way or another.

Yep. 12 years of Ashley selling and nearly 3 and a half years of Staveley saying she is buying. It's beyond tiresome now.

I like to think I'm no doom and gloomer but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that Twitter is that last place to go to for believable ITK news.

Depends on the source

Of course, that's fair but even then, as we've found out over the last 12 months, even when that source is trusted, what was said didn't end up as good news.

This, sick and tired of taking people as being 'confident' as meaning anything. I hope it happens, personally I do think it is dead and buried but I hope I am wrong. I will not believe anything though now until it's actually done.

So according to HTT today is the day lads yes?

I think his news is that we'll hear something positive from a legal point of view today, not that the takeover is happening.

Ahhh I see cheers mate  O0

Depends on the source

This, sick and tired of taking people as being 'confident' as meaning anything. I hope it happens, personally I do think it is dead and buried but I hope I am wrong. I will not believe anything though now until it's actually done.

I do love the fact that you've kept your avatar in honour of the first failed takeover though. Commitment.

Surely the next big news we hear is the result of the arbitration?

If we win that I think it'll be a few more weeks until the takeover is confirmed.

I think it's more likely to be news coming from Saudi tbh.

About the agreement with Bein and SA? The 20th of this month was mentioned, along with something happening when Biden takes over but no idea what that's about. I'm sure it was Ben Jacobs that mentioned it.

Depends on the source

I do love the fact that you've kept your avatar in honour of the first failed takeover though. Commitment.

:lol: Fair, I have never bothered to change it. I should avoid posting here I don't want to puncture any bubbles of optimism especially as I have no personal insight or anything. I just feel burned from all the "buying side are very confident" "buying side are still very confident" etc etc etc that lured us all in.

But that's barely even an update?!

People can be as bullish as they want, but everyone has been here before countless times. And in the absence of any real news or updates I'm not sure how anyone can be "confident" of anything.

Liam Kennedy bullish again in the Gazette

He gets retweets from Ant and Dec, Ghouddosi De Marco and Jamie Reuben

Thats the update I wanted today! Well done HTT

The same as they where all bullish back in March and all the way through till they deal was over. Still nothing concrete to suggest this is going to happen.

Fucks this shite , this done yet?

But that's barely even an update?!

People can be as bullish as they want, but everyone has been here before countless times. And in the absence of any real news or updates I'm not sure how anyone can be "confident" of anything.

He's just a troll-cunt. Ignore him.

You are an idiot

Honestly I think the only news that matters now is either the bein/SA agreement or leaks from the PL that it's going to happen.

As much as I love to hear the buyer/seller are confident it really doesn't matter imo. It can be spun so many different ways but unfortunately it has no control over the outcome.