Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Expect a middling development later

Please elaborate?

I hope that that wasn't a serious question.

I love the circle of posts which goes on in this thread.

1. Someone pretends to be ITK

2. People react with hope

3. ITK gets called out

4. ITK proved to be talking bollocks

5. Someone else pretends to be ITK

6. People react with hope

7. etc etc

That's just one page :lol:

Yep, all the people pretending to be itk, while they think they are funny, it’s just not.

Likewise, all these people who are believing them need to give their heads a shake.

Slim’s shite even made it into the Positive Optimism thread ffs :lol:

Why have a go at people for wanting/hoping that some of the takeover info might just have a semblance of truth....most probably not, but many of us live in a world of hope and thrive on anything that might just cheer them up for a brief time, be it ITK/bullshit/twitter bollocks or anything else.......i put Slim’s stuff onto “positive Optimism” thread......it amused me for the rest of the evening and that’s what the thread is for.....you never know, law of averages says eventually one of these titbits may well be correct. I do agree with your first statement of people trying to wind others up with their obvious bating....i agree it’s not funny, but I’m very happy with people who put up possible takeover info, if they believe there might be some substance with the truth.....After all we all want the same result and a bit of optimism, however blind, hurts no one.

Because it gets people’s hopes up man. I’m all for it if there is a credible source but Slim et al are just on the wind up and I don’t want folk getting disappointed.

We’ve had enough of that and don’t need our own playing a part in that.

If you encourage it then you are gonna get a load of copycats and you’ll lose any real info among all the noise.

Agree entirely but i don’t know Slim or HTT enough (even though I’ve been on this board for 10 years) to gather that they are complete windup merchants...i have always enjoyed HTT’s ramblings and didn’t realise that he is capable of outright bullshit......that’s perhaps the problem, some of us, me in particular, can’t differentiate between the wind up merchants and those who are genuinely trying to relay info......Is there a bullshit emoji to help us poor suckers😀

I spout shite, but I don’t bullshit about stuff I have genuinely been told that I personally hold credence with. The 3.00pm stuff, #soon, Mexicans etc. is windup lifting patter, this stuff isn’t. I maintain I am 100% confident this deal goes through by the end of this month or February and my post about positive legal news forthcoming, all I will say is watch this space.

I’m no ITK and think the whole moniker is bollocks anyway, but it’s not out of the ordinary someone like me has a source or two in business/sport...

Glad you enjoyed my ramblings though, when this takeover happens and my interest in all things NUFC resumes, I’ll be back to my tl;dr great with tactical posts, player ratings, maybe who the fuck are... etc. Might even start my own main site back up...

Sorry HTT......don’t know who to believe here.....never thought you were a wind up merchant but there are obviously many out there who don’t believe your posts.....perhaps  we should give you the benefit of the doubt and look forward to some good news in the near future....

Guest Howaythetoon

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

Yep, all the people pretending to be itk, while they think they are funny, it’s just not.

Likewise, all these people who are believing them need to give their heads a shake.

Why have a go at people for wanting/hoping that some of the takeover info might just have a semblance of truth....most probably not, but many of us live in a world of hope and thrive on anything that might just cheer them up for a brief time, be it ITK/bullshit/twitter bollocks or anything else.......i put Slim’s stuff onto “positive Optimism” thread......it amused me for the rest of the evening and that’s what the thread is for.....you never know, law of averages says eventually one of these titbits may well be correct. I do agree with your first statement of people trying to wind others up with their obvious bating....i agree it’s not funny, but I’m very happy with people who put up possible takeover info, if they believe there might be some substance with the truth.....After all we all want the same result and a bit of optimism, however blind, hurts no one.

Because it gets people’s hopes up man. I’m all for it if there is a credible source but Slim et al are just on the wind up and I don’t want folk getting disappointed.

If you encourage it then you are gonna get a load of copycats and you’ll lose any real info among all the noise.

Agree entirely but i don’t know Slim or HTT enough (even though I’ve been on this board for 10 years) to gather that they are complete windup merchants...i have always enjoyed HTT’s ramblings and didn’t realise that he is capable of outright bullshit......that’s perhaps the problem, some of us, me in particular, can’t differentiate between the wind up merchants and those who are genuinely trying to relay info......Is there a bullshit emoji to help us poor suckers😀

I spout shite, but I don’t bullshit about stuff I have genuinely been told that I personally hold credence with. The 3.00pm stuff, #soon, Mexicans etc. is windup lifting patter, this stuff isn’t. I maintain I am 100% confident this deal goes through by the end of this month or February and my post about positive legal news forthcoming, all I will say is watch this space.

I’m no ITK and think the whole moniker is bollocks anyway, but it’s not out of the ordinary someone like me has a source or two in business/sport...

Glad you enjoyed my ramblings though, when this takeover happens and my interest in all things NUFC resumes, I’ll be back to my tl;dr great with tactical posts, player ratings, maybe who the fuck are... etc. Might even start my own main site back up...

Sorry HTT......don’t know who to believe here.....never thought you were a wind up merchant but there are obviously many out there who don’t believe your posts.....perhaps  we should give you the benefit of the doubt and look forward to some good news in the near future....

No you’re right to question me Jinky Jim[/member] (and anything else/others). I can be a cunt/bullshitter but anyone who knows me off here who’ve met me/conversed with me in length privately or in real life knows I wouldn’t wind people up on here just for fucking kicks, this place and many on here are too dear to me and most of all our club which I desperately want all of us to have back, for my two boys to feel what I have/did/got under KK/Sir Bobby/Hughton/Rafa and to immerse them into their hometown club, their only club/team. It’s a dad’s duty and dream.

If I do say some stuff (shite 3.00pm patter etc. aside)  it’s posted because I’ve been told something and share it (whether right or not/bollocks or not/on here, in private groups/PMs/with friends) with an understanding that I’M NOT being misled. I reiterate, this will happen, and very soon hopefully and good things are coming our way, as the saying goes good things come to those who wait...

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

No you’re right to question me Jinky Jim[/member] (and anything else/others). I can be a cunt/bullshitter but anyone who knows me off here who’ve met me/conversed with me in length privately or in real life knows I wouldn’t wind people up on here just for fucking kicks, this place and many on here are too dear to me and most of all our club which I desperately want all of us to have back, for my two boys to feel what I have/did/got under KK/Sir Bobby/Hughton/Rafa and to immerse them into their hometown club, their only club/team. It’s a dad’s duty and dream.

If I do say some stuff (shite 3.00pm patter etc. aside)  it’s posted because I’ve been told something and share it (whether right or not/bollocks or not/on here, in private groups/PMs/with friends) with an understanding that I’M NOT being misled. I reiterate, this will happen, and very soon hopefully and good things are coming our way, as the saying goes good things come to those who wait...

👍

I want to believe you, and I want you to be right, god knows I do, but it's very much like the boy that cried wolf. Because of the inane 3PM stuff etc, I don't give credence to anything you say.

Sorry.

Please elaborate?

3. ITK gets called out

7. etc etc

I'm sold

Guest Howaythetoon

I want to believe you, and I want you to be right, god knows I do, but it's very much like the boy that cried wolf. Because of the inane 3PM stuff etc, I don't give credence to anything you say.

Sorry.

That’s fine mate, I’d be the same but again, the shite patter aside, I would never, ever, wind people up on here just for kicks intentionally. Not on matters like this. WE all want this, we all need this, as fans, as a region/city/forum etc. Even the most sceptical, the real wind up merchants, because at the end of the day this is our only club and we want the same thing, our club back, a club to be proud of we can enjoy and support win lose or draw with some fu king pride and love thrown in. I desperately want my boys to be part of what we have all been part of before Ashley, especially my youngest who i may lose to fucking Arsenal and who has been scouted by our club 3 times in a year and truthfully right now, it’s the last place I’d want him to be at.

Fingers crossed this happens soon and I think it will, and it genuinely appears those really involved are fighting for this to paraphrase KK and I’d love it, love it, we all would.

If I do say some stuff (s**** 3.00pm patter etc. aside)  it’s posted because I’ve been told something and share it (whether right or not/bollocks or not/on here, in private groups/PMs/with friends) with an understanding that I’M NOT being misled. I reiterate, this will happen, and very soon hopefully and good things are coming our way, as the saying goes good things come to those who wait...

Sorry.

That’s fine mate, I’d be the same but again, the s**** patter aside, I would never, ever, wind people up on here just for kicks intentionally. Not on matters like this. WE all want this, we all need this, as fans, as a region/city/forum etc. Even the most sceptical, the real wind up merchants, because at the end of the day this is our only club and we want the same thing, our club back, a club to be proud of we can enjoy and support win lose or draw with some fu king pride and love thrown in. I desperately want my boys to be part of what we have all been part of before Ashley, especially my youngest who i may lose to f***ing Arsenal and who has been scouted by our club 3 times in a year and truthfully right now, it’s the last place I’d want him to be at.

Fingers crossed this happens soon and I think it will, and it genuinely appears those really involved are fighting for this to paraphrase KK and I’d love it, love it, we all would.

Could this legal breakthrough be anything to do with a letter that Ashley’s legal team have got hold of that states by Dominic Rabb that the British Government see PIF and the Saudi state as separate entities and that in the meeting with the Premier League the Government said they were in favour of the Saudi takeover and investment in the North East and that they were concerned about outside intervention in the ODT process from other competitors i.e teams and broadcasters. And that Qatar actually contacted Dominic Rabb and were told politely to stay out of the process. Don’t know if it’s true but that is something I have heard.

Looks like any SJP expansion m hope is going to be dashed pretty soon.

Can't believe how fucking minging they're gonna be.

Aye. Things like Hadrian's Tower and stuff are probably positive additions to the city but that can fuck off. In the future that set of buildings will be a constant reminder of Ashley's cancerous impact on NUFC. Ugh.

I don’t think they look as bad as people make out, but they aren’t fantastic either.

The biggest problem with them is that it’s preventing an expansion of SJP which could add between 8k-15k seats to the stadium. When you consider that retail is changing and will no longer be the main driving force in a city’s success in future, and we will rely on more leisure and entertainment, it’s a sad loss.

It effectively means that unless NUFC move out of SJP then we can kiss goodbye to hosting events like The Champions League final and in future even World Cups and EURO games. It also means that unless we gained the arena site, then to host those events we would have to move out of the city centre.

On top of this, let’s say we did buy the arena site, it means our owners will be left with a bill of about £1bn-£2bn for a new stadium. This could be very cost prohiting, and if our new owners aren’t as generous as we hope, it will burden the club with a huge debt.

One of the buildings also prevent an expansion of the Metro to the West End. Yes ok that would rely on a massive a change in government policy, however if that did happen in our lifetimes, then it means we can’t have a joined up Metro expansion to the West End, either via tunnels or training coming up from outside SJP Metro station.

It’s worth noting that an increase in public transport and new mass transport systems being built in future will likely be the policy for most governments to achieve carbon targets and to stimulate their economies.

The saddest thing imo is there was so little opposition to this

The uncomfortable truth is that NUFC's support is actually pretty shit. They are great at turning up on a Saturday, sinking a few pints in the city centre bars before and after the game and then fucking off home but anything outside of this and they aren't interested. Liverpool fans would have had this development crushed before it got past first base if had been on their patch.

I don’t think they look as bad as people make out, but they aren’t fantastic either.

The biggest problem with them is that it’s preventing an expansion of SJP which could add between 8k-15k seats to the stadium. When you consider that retail is changing and will no longer be the main driving force in a city’s success in future, and we will rely on more leisure and entertainment, it’s a sad loss.

It effectively means that unless NUFC move out of SJP then we can kiss goodbye to hosting events like The Champions League final and in future even World Cups and EURO games. It also means that unless we gained the arena site, then to host those events we would have to move out of the city centre.

On top of this, let’s say we did buy the arena site, it means our owners will be left with a bill of about £1bn-£2bn for a new stadium. This could be very cost prohiting, and if our new owners aren’t as generous as we hope, it will burden the club with a huge debt.

One of the buildings also prevent an expansion of the Metro to the West End. Yes ok that would rely on a massive a change in government policy, however if that did happen in our lifetimes, then it means we can’t have a joined up Metro expansion to the West End, either via tunnels or training coming up from outside SJP Metro station.

It’s worth noting that an increase in public transport and new mass transport systems being built in future will likely be the policy for most governments to achieve carbon targets and to stimulate their economies.

That may be the biggest problem for you but the Council had absolutely no ability to refuse the planning application on that basis.

There is only one person to blame, that's Mike Ashley.

Although, the Strawberry Place development doesn't necessarily prevent future expansion of the Gallowgate.

That may be the biggest problem for you but the Council had absolutely no ability to refuse the planning application on that basis.

There is only one person to blame, that's Mike Ashley.

Although, the Strawberry Place development doesn't necessarily prevent future expansion of the Gallowgate.

This has been done to death. There is no way the Gallowgate can be expanded in any kind of significant way with this new development going ahead. The only kind of expansion worth considering was extending Level 7 to the Gallowgate and that is now going to be impossible.

People have recently been talking in this thread about how big a club NUFC could be, well this new development will significantly shrink that potential and anyone thinking that new owners will casually throw £1bn at a new stadium development are simply dreaming.