Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Jacobs completely contradicting Kennedy then, stating arbitration has started.

Don’t think it’s that simple. I think Jacobs is meaning all the prep and choosing of the panel is part of arbitration where as I think Kennedy is meaning the actual hearing

So In a sense they are both right

Possibly. But why not just say that?

Kennedy leaves everything far too open for interpretation, whereas Jacobs is always very clear and to the point.

That’s because Kennedy is drip fed tiny bits of info without having any real knowledge whereas Jacobs has been pretty much spot on with his info since the beginning.

I know Ashley's an idiot, but even he must realise that with Bruce in charge, his £320 million business is looking very fragile...this is one reason why I'm still confident that a takeover will happen.He's not wasting any money sacking Bruce as he believes the takeover is going to happen and the problem then moves across to new owners to solve. If it's going to take a bit longer than February/early March, then see Ashley putting Graeme Jones in charge...A cheap way of keeping PL survival, in his opinion.

I know we’d like to think Ashley is an idiot but he isn’t. He might be a twat and he doesn’t give a toss about our club but he’s not an idiot.

Don’t think it’s that simple. I think Jacobs is meaning all the prep and choosing of the panel is part of arbitration where as I think Kennedy is meaning the actual hearing

Kennedy leaves everything far too open for interpretation, whereas Jacobs is always very clear and to the point.

That’s because Kennedy is drip fed tiny bits of info without having any real knowledge whereas Jacobs has been pretty much spot on with his info since the beginning.

:thup:

I know Ashley's an idiot, but even he must realise that with Bruce in charge, his £320 million business is looking very fragile...this is one reason why I'm still confident that a takeover will happen.He's not wasting any money sacking Bruce as he believes the takeover is going to happen and the problem then moves across to new owners to solve. If it's going to take a bit longer than February/early March, then see Ashley putting Graeme Jones in charge...A cheap way of keeping PL survival, in his opinion.

I know we’d like to think Ashley is an idiot but he isn’t. He might be a twat and he doesn’t give a toss about our club but he’s not an idiot.

He's an idiot when it comes to making football decisions. He's certainly made many idiotic decisions during his time here.

I know we’d like to think Ashley is an idiot but he isn’t. He might be a t*** and he doesn’t give a toss about our club but he’s not an idiot.

He's an idiot when it comes to making football decisions. He's certainly made many idiotic decisions during his time here.

He's in it for the money, he's made a shit load of that and the the time he eventually leaves he'll make a shit load more

Got to disagree there. He is obviously a successful businessman but has little knowhow of how to run a football business. With a little more input and sound backing, the club could have been a regular top ten finisher with potential top 6.The club could have been worth twice as much as he is potentially selling it for.That's why the Monica "idiot" is very appropriate for his dealings as a Football Businessman.

Ashley has several qualities which make him a good businessman. He's a hardworking, unscrupulous cnut. I don't think he's particularly intelligent though. A smarter man of equal immoral fibre would've got a lot more out of the club than he has.

Watched that gallowgate shots interview with GC last night. When he said last year we were literally down to the PL putting a signature down and it was done. So so close.

He also said the arbitration isn't about MA getting compensation, it's about getting the sale.

What's going on with those ITK rumours on the f365 forum? Has he gone quiet for a few weeks?

The f365 man said we ought to listen to Liam Kennedy because he suspected that Liam and he had the same source. We now know that Liam's source is Keith. In fact, Liam and Keith get on like a house on fire and they talk most days on the phone about non-football related stuff, as confirmed by Liam himself. So I'd say Mr f365's man is in that loop and that his source is probably also Keith. He might even be Keith.

I don't believe Liam's source is Keith, like. He's even contradicted him a few times. But to update - there's been no update.

When you say Keith do you mean Keith Downie?

Keith Pattison or whatever his surname is, from NCSL.

Ah ok 👍🏻

:thup:

Far be it for me to gate crash, but would you trust this man.

Stick to Kennedy he’s got good sources.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1251554/CHARLES-SALE-Official-BBC-report-bares-Ben-Jacobs-sabotage-saga.html

Got to disagree there. He is obviously a successful businessman but has little knowhow of how to run a football business. With a little more input and sound backing, the club could have been a regular top ten finisher with potential top 6.The club could have been worth twice as much as he is potentially selling it for.That's why the Monica "idiot" is very appropriate for his dealings as a Football Businessman.

I agree with you but as I said, he doesn’t give a toss about how successful we are, as long as he makes a wad, advertises his tat and makes more money. He’s not in this for the medals. If he was a football owner who was trying to be successful, you could call him an idiot, he’s not.

So by merely owning a football  club he gets free advertising one that he himself said he didn’t do DD on (idiotic). Since then he’s not even managed to grow revenues in the most lucrative era of football. He literally took his purchases backwards, twice relegated it, he’s an idiot. One lucky gamble on a cheap sports shop doesn’t change any of that

I think the difference between NUFC and SD is that when SD got too big to handle he brought in help.

Ok he still runs it and does his own investments with them, but a lot of the day to stuff is actually done by team who know what they are doing.

With NUFC he’s refused to do that. He thought it would be easy to bring in a couple of his mates to do the job. Neither had any sort desire to be there aside from whatever money Ashley was giving them, he then opted to give the job to a guy who was a trainee admin assistant.

So by merely owning a football  club he gets free advertising one that he himself said he didn’t do DD on (idiotic). Since then he’s not even managed to grow revenues in the most lucrative era of football. He literally took his purchases backwards, twice relegated it, he’s an idiot. One lucky gamble on a cheap sports shop doesn’t change any of that

Bang on.

I see Ben Jacobs is reporting OM being taken over by a Saudi Prince. 

Premier League can stick their product up their arse - they are destroying it!

It’s worth noting that the prince involved in that takeover has no control in the royal family and I believe no longer has any official status.

He was arrested a few years ago by order from MBS.

Guest neesy111

I see Ben Jacobs is reporting OM being taken over by a Saudi Prince. 

Premier League can stick their product up their arse - they are destroying it!

There's a bit of a difference from a private individual buying a club to a state fund.

Sorry but I just don't get this post - in what world view is Steve Bruce's Newcastle not living up to every expectation that Ashley sets? Steve Bruce's job is the safest in the Premier League as long as Newcastle United are not in the bottom three. From Ashley's perspective, he's even better than Rafa. No illusions of ambition or growth, not a bad word said against the owners or the board or even mentioning their names.

I've said it before, and will again - unless Newcastle United are in real danger of relegation, Steve Bruce is going absolutely nowhere.

Sorry but I just don't get this post - in what world view is Steve Bruce's Newcastle not living up to every expectation that Ashley sets? Steve Bruce's job is the safest in the Premier League as long as Newcastle United are not in the bottom three. From Ashley's perspective, he's even better than Rafa. No illusions of ambition or growth, not a bad word said against the owners or the board or even mentioning their names.

I've said it before, and will again - unless Newcastle United are in real danger of relegation, Steve Bruce is going absolutely nowhere.

So there's the issue - Ashley doesn't understand "real danger" in that sentence. Newcastle United ARE in real danger of relegation. Everyone can/should see it.

Much of my comment is pure guesswork and personal opinion. No one knows what is going on in Ashley’s mind, but I’d be very surprised if he isn’t at least a bit concerned with our position. Normally I’d agree with your perspective on Ashley and Bruce but these are not normal times. Ashley does want to sell, he wants to sell to PIF and Staveley/Reuben and I would hasten to suggest that he is concerned with our position in the league. Whether he has the nous to do anything about it, we’ll probably see if there is no movement on the takeover by the end of the month.

I agree with you but as I said, he doesn’t give a toss about how successful we are, as long as he makes a wad, advertises his tat and makes more money. He’s not in this for the medals. If he was a football owner who was trying to be successful, you could call him an idiot, he’s not.

Agree. He's looking for the most return for the least risk. Yes he could have doubled the value of the club by running it properly, but he'd have had to spend a lot more money, and if that doesn't translate into success it can quickly go pear shaped.

Even if we get relegated, he'll still continue to make money, he'll just spend even less. He would only really suffer if we went down and stayed down for a prolonged period.

So there's the issue - Ashley doesn't understand "real danger" in that sentence. Newcastle United ARE in real danger of relegation. Everyone can/should see it.

To be honest, going against the grain here, I don't actually think we are at this point in time. 2 or 3 games more, and closer to 18th, sure. There's just a risk now in my opinion. Ashley will just take one look at table, see we're 8 points clear, and say 'good job' and that's that.

To be honest, going against the grain here, I don't actually think we are at this point in time. 2 or 3 games more, and closer to 18th, sure. There's just a risk now in my opinion. Ashley will just take one look at table, see we're 8 points clear, and say 'good job' and that's that.

Sadley this