Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

You have to assume that PIF had been tipped off they were going to fail by upper levels of government and therefore walked to save the embarrassment and the wider relationship imho.

Otherwise, let it run its course, drop things in the media, increase the volume and force the PL into making a decision. That way you get your £17m back, you get the legal angle if you want it and you get the fans 100% on board without any 'well, they walked away' arguments.

Them pulling out has to be have been based on something and not just impatience.

Yep. And AS's "they made it impossible". They knew they weren't going to satisfy everything.

I think so. They've been tipped off by the top and, in the whole scheme of things, Masters is a minion compared to Boris et al who have far more to gain/lose with their relationship with KSA/The Reubens etc.

This will sound ridiculous but I'm not even 100% sure Staveley would've been fully in the picture with any discussion between PIF and the UK Government.

For sure, the UK Government will have to swing something PIF's/KSA's way as an apology for this. 100%.

A couple of Hawk T1 fighter jets to bomb Yemen might do it.

slightly off topic but was scrolling through the replies to the PL tweet and seen this:

WTF?!!  First time I've seen/heard of this quote. If it's an actual quote from the man himself.

Nah that "quote" is fake Halsey never said it.

Well if you are on about the spot fixing etc anyway, he never mentioned that.

https://thebearpittv.com/2016/09/mark-halsey-and-the-can-of-worms/

A good rule of thumb is that any quote that is lined up on one of those backgrounds is fake

Not getting my hopes up over a Chopra tweet, although fair play to him as he seems to put his twitter neck on the line for us fairly regularly. It will backfire on him if it's just "I'm doing a podcast" or some bullshit like that BT presenter who sticks up for us (sorry, forgotten his name) did a couple of weeks back.

kelvin mckenzy can fuck right off.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

A genuine question to those that are saying to "walk away and ignore the club completely"

How do you do that?

Not a dig, just curious as I have tried and tried for years, and just cant do it. I don't buy anything from the "club" anymore, and I very very rarely go to a game (although that hurts as I want to be able to take my son), but I can't, no matter how much I try, just ignore NUFC.

Stupid? Thick? a sheep? possibly

This is very true. It's impossible to ignore it completely. I wish I could.

Accept the club is dead . Act accordingly .

So you joined up here after the deal was said to be off just to tell people to give it up.

f***ing weirdo.

Im giving my point of view as regards what we can do thats most effective in getting rid of Ashley - you can agree or disagree but theres nothing weird about having a different piint of view - maybe a bit weird to insult people for having a different opinion from your own though but .

Well if you feel so strong about it, completely give up, delete your account and get on with other things. Simple as that, practice what you preach.

Im not asking people to give up on NUFC im asking them to give up on SDFC .

I know you think you are current and edgy, but your the best part of a decade behind the general opinion on here. The only way to get rid of him is for a takeover, even with last weeks news this is the closest we've been, and still the nearest option to getting sold, so there's plenty people rightly not ready to give it up.

I can't grt round your thinking that you'd come on here and start preaching to people and tell them what to do and expect everyone to think you've got it licked. :lol: if you're not a wum or former poster, then the truth is even worse.

Its an opinion im not in a position to tell anyone what to do

Only other person I want to own us apart from the Saudis is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, The Rock.

Come on Rocky! Buy us and we'll layeth the smackdown on all the other club' candy asses