Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I still struggle to believe Coca-Cola and the like are even noticing what's going on. The waves we're making aren't exactly gonna shake their boat.

Playing Devils advocate here, if there not noticing whats going on why are they blocking people left right and centre who tag them in a post that relates to the EPL and NUFC Takeover ?

You’re absolutely off your lips if your think the Premier League’s brand is majorly affected by any of this, literally the only people who give a fuck about this happening are the Saudis and us, everyone else is dead against it for obvious reasons beginning with the actual nasty craic related to dealing with the Saudis up to being scared of us being the richest club in the universe.

From what I can see the only way to get some kind of resolution is pressure from parliament or the courts, the league are not going to pass this unless they’re told to and nobody is going to tell them to so we might as well pack up and go home before we all completely lose our minds.

The only thing giving this any life whatsoever is the possibility that Ashley has some legal leverage over them now, that he feels slighted or is desperate because the money is already allocated elsewhere. Once he no longer has much skin the game we are truly fucked, mackem style fucked.

You underestimate the power social media has on companies. Honestly.

If my memory serves me right didn’t Staveley say that they made the offer for the whole board of PIF to be subjected to directors test, but this wasn’t good enough for them.

Now as Chairman of PIF is MBS, do we think he was included in this offer or not. We’ve sort of all presumed that he wouldn’t have been, but would be interesting to know if he was or not.

If he was it would certainly make the PL look unreasonable and putting obstacles in the way. We can probably safely assume that his name was the one left off.

Bottom line is there any chance MBS would allow his name to go down as a director to get the deal done, it would appear not as that’s reported as the reason they walked away. However, if PIF in line with the 2030 vision want to be buying companies, this could potentially rear its head again with other governance of industries not just in this country. Surely PIF might have to accept either he is active chairman who they will need to put up for scrutiny or they just remove his name as a figurehead and appoint a different chairman who can be subjected to scrutiny.

Ultimately I can’t see a problem with PIF being treated as a company in its own right, much like the bein example as above, but they could make it easier to unpick themselves from the govt, by removing MBS as the chairman in name.

You’re absolutely off your lips if your think the Premier League’s brand is majorly affected by any of this, literally the only people who give a fuck about this happening are the Saudis and us, everyone else is dead against it for obvious reasons beginning with the actual nasty craic related to dealing with the Saudis up to being scared of us being the richest club in the universe.

From what I can see the only way to get some kind of resolution is pressure from parliament or the courts, the league are not going to pass this unless they’re told to and nobody is going to tell them to so we might as well pack up and go home before we all completely lose our minds.

The only thing giving this any life whatsoever is the possibility that Ashley has some legal leverage over them now, that he feels slighted or is desperate because the money is already allocated elsewhere. Once he no longer has much skin the game we are truly fucked, mackem style fucked.

You underestimate the power social media has on companies. Honestly.

Very true, Just look at what Sky did yesterday due to external pressure from a tweet.

I believe it boiled down to in regards the MBS questions, that MBS wasnt on board of the consortium that would own NUFC but Premier League did not believe, or at least questioned, that he would not have influence and decision making power over the consortium. The onus is on the consortium to demonstrate a governance structure for owning the club, and as such it is quite difficult to prove this bloke, who is in charge of the investment fund as well as having enourmous power over anything Saudi related would not get his way should he say demand NUFC be renamed Saudi Arabia FC etc etc.

It will absolutely have an effect, like the thread states, things like this effect future commercial deals. A company can easily say we aren't prepared to give you as much money as last time because your (PL) brand has been negatively effected and we're unsure about being associated with that. That hits the PL hard and I'm sure masters would not want to be getting phonecalls from the commercial director asking what the fuck is going on.

It will absolutely have an effect, like the thread states, things like this effect future commercial deals. A company can easily say we aren't prepared to give you as much money as last time because your (PL) brand has been negatively effected and we're unsure about being associated with that. That hits the PL hard and I'm sure masters would not want to be getting phonecalls from the commercial director asking what the fuck is going on.

Even so, they can't be seen to passing this purely based on fans tweeting corruption messages. I think they're just finding a water-tight reason to fail it now (or at least say why it would fail if PIF hadn't withdrawn)

I still struggle to believe Coca-Cola and the like are even noticing what's going on. The waves we're making aren't exactly gonna shake their boat.

Playing Devils advocate here, if there not noticing whats going on why are they blocking people left right and centre who tag them in a post that relates to the EPL and NUFC Takeover ?

To play Devils Advocate as a response, I'd say it's more likely just the underpaid social media guy who's on Twitter duty this week was tired of seeing idiots stamping on coke cans and shouting "Approve the sale!" rather than a directive from the top.

And what would Masters response be? Given he seems unable to say anything?

Guest Cheesy Beans

It’ll be their directive as a company to delete/block inappropriate or negative tweets regardless of the takeover.

Although I’m sure they’ll feedback to say they’re inundated with NUFC tweets which will filter it’s way up the organisation (but I can’t imagine it’s been a high level conversation between Coca Cola and the PL).

That said - more positive stories/noise coming out today in relation to the takeover, all seems to be on track.

Even so, they can't be seen to passing this purely based on fans tweeting corruption messages. I think they're just finding a water-tight reason to fail it now (or at least say why it would fail if PIF hadn't withdrawn)

Still think they're just going to blank it till it goes away. Obviously feeling some pressure due to the Sky Twitter stuff, but that's not a direct acknowledgement. All that says to me is they don't want people paying attention to it.

For all the fan pressure, surely the consortium could put on a lot more pressure as that would be picked up by the whole media

Yep it's not about making this go through imo. (From AS wanting fans to pressure them) It's more about getting a final decision. Accepted- great, deal is complete.

Rejected- let's start legal action and pick apart why it was rejected.

I think the buyer, seller and the PL all know it cannot legally be rejected and that's why we are at this situation. Even if the PL have changed the terms of the test, it wouldn't effect this deal as long as it is still on the table and has not officially been withdrawn, which I do believe to be the case.

It seems quite incredible that there has been complete radio silence from all involved parties since the consortium withdrew their offer. I can very easily see it from a positive or negative stand point but just the mere fact that no one is saying anything is just incredible.

They'll be noticing.  They'll take even more notice if we include links to their competitors products along with the corruption stuff.

They're going to be terrified, and ask the PL to cave in to any demands because of it clearly.  :lol:

Or not.

Has it been established definitively that Luke Edwards is Penn?

Tons more evidence of that than there is of PIF still being involved in a bid to buy the club.

:lol:

Too many people associating the protestations against PL and commercial partners on social media as a way of demanding the takeover be passed.

In our perfect world that would be great. But we all know fine well that's not going to happen and nor should it, for obvious reasons.

We are pushing for a final decision either way or a reason why we can't conclude, for a line to be drawn so we can all move on and pick apart the carcass at the end and blame attributed accordingly.

It's not right that we have to go to such extremes for just some answers on why this can't go ahead. All it does is whips people into a frenzy and crazy conspiracy stories.

I don't think it matters what side of the fence you're on, the PL have handled this poorly to the point our club is stuck in a stasis, rudderless and just ticking along on life support.

We really do get the brunt of all the shit as fans.

I don’t get the kowtowing to beIN. What’re they gonna do, f*** off? There are a dozen other networks who’d gladly step in for those TV rights.

I think they are the biggest broadcaster in the region. Also last thing the premier league want is a lack of competition for the rights.

Also people may cry foul if a club is owned by one of the broadcasters. Another stick for the premier league to be potentially beaten with.

I don’t get the kowtowing to beIN. What’re they gonna do, f*** off? There are a dozen other networks who’d gladly step in for those TV rights.

I think they are the biggest broadcaster in the region. Also last thing the premier league want is a lack of competition for the rights.

Also people may cry foul if a club is owned by one of the broadcasters. Another stick for the premier league to be potentially beaten with.

:thup:

Guest Cheesy Beans

The TV rights is nothing to do with the delay - it’s the make up of PIF and influence of MBS.

Which is easily solved and will be solved.

The TV rights is nothing to do with the delay - it’s the make up of PIF and influence of MBS.

Which is easily solved and will be solved.

You're saying this as fact, rather than opinion. Depends who you believe of course.

Which deleted account were you btw? Godzilla?