Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah, I’ve said in the past that I don’t believe they will have truly walked away, this was a ploy to put pressure on the Premier League. Some have said it’s worked.

It would suit all parties for them to be continuing talks in the background without any press coverage.

The next we’ll hear of it is when it’s done.

the premier league won’t budge. They don’t have to. Pif/pcp can try and dress it up any way they want unless they give the PL what they want it ain’t happening.

All these people saying it’s going on behind closed doors are just wishful thinking. Why would it suddenly go quiet? The PL have been briefing reporters from the off. Only reason it goes quiet is there’s fuck all happening and it’s off.

The PL have said in their letter to Chi & their answers to NUST that PIF have walked. Honestly, what in staveley’s response to the letter to Chi has gave people the impression that they were still talking to the PL?  It gave me the impression of the complete opposite

It’s done. Over. Finished.

It all depends on why you ultimately believe the deal stalled, if it is just ownership structure at this point as PL would have us believe, then there’ll be a way round that. Man City are not owned by the ultimate ruler of Abhu Dhabi yet their model is allowed. The key to structure may be something along the lines of City.

However, we all know the ownership structure is bull shit, it’s all about piracy and pay back after the PL were fucked about for 3 years. There were more anti piracy measures announced last week, and who’s to say bein won’t be reinstated, the Saudis are certainly unpredictable.

Most people should bail out for their own sanity, but my belief is silence is now golden and if it’s completely dead we’ll know soon enough via Caulkin.

It’s so crazy how we’ve twice missed out on being the richest club in the PL

Hopefully lightning does strike 3 times :lol:

I've decided we'll end up getting bought by Bezos and he decides to run the club like even more of a sweatshop than Ashley.

Yeah, I’ve said in the past that I don’t believe they will have truly walked away, this was a ploy to put pressure on the Premier League. Some have said it’s worked.

It would suit all parties for them to be continuing talks in the background without any press coverage.

The next we’ll hear of it is when it’s done.

PL haven't flinched though - not answered a single question.  IMO they never had any intention of approving it and that hasn't changed.

It all depends on why you ultimately believe the deal stalled, if it is just ownership structure at this point as PL would have us believe, then there’ll be a way round that. Man City are not owned by the ultimate ruler of Abhu Dhabi yet their model is allowed. The key to structure may be something along the lines of City.

However, we all know the ownership structure is bull shit, it’s all about piracy and pay back after the PL were fucked about for 3 years. There were more anti piracy measures announced last week, and who’s to say bein won’t be reinstated, the Saudis are certainly unpredictable.

Most people should bail out for their own sanity, but my belief is silence is now golden and if it’s completely dead we’ll know soon enough via Caulkin.

Man City are irrelevant to this takeover, the test back then was different.

Doesnt the O&D test have to be done every season ? Sure someone said it was.

It does, or a director can be disqualified at any time upon the PL board becoming aware of them being liable for disqualification.

Also, the 'immunity' in the rules for directors who underwent the test pre-2009 only applies to conviction of an offence that would not have led to disqualification at that time, not the circumstance here where a director hasn't been disclosed.

However, I don't think that anyone outside of the PL and Man City would know whether Sheikh Mansour has been subject to the O&D test or not. Him not being listed as a director of the company doesn't mean that he hasn't been subject to the O&D test.

However, we all know the ownership structure is bull s***, it’s all about piracy and pay back after the PL were f***ed about for 3 years. There were more anti piracy measures announced last week, and who’s to say bein won’t be reinstated, the Saudis are certainly unpredictable.

It does, or a director can be disqualified at any time upon the PL board becoming aware of them being liable for disqualification.

Also, the 'immunity' in the rules for directors who underwent the test pre-2009 only applies to conviction of an offence that would not have led to disqualification at that time, not the circumstance here where a director hasn't been disclosed.

However, I don't think that anyone outside of the PL and Man City would know whether Sheikh Mansour has been subject to the O&D test or not. Him not being listed as a director of the company doesn't mean that he hasn't been subject to the O&D test.

It’s also key to remember that Sheik Mansour bought the club through his own investment fund and not Abhu Dhabi’s sovereign wealth fund. I would imagine Staveley having been very close to this deal will know if Mansour was subjected to test.

But the fact that basically the test should be applied every year, would this bring the shadow director element in to play if Mansour hadn’t been subjected to test at time ?

Though the Man City test was different at time, if Saudi were able to somehow mirror this model it would be surely difficult based on their own rules for them to defend a rejection if it went to arbitration.

Of course this is ignoring the piracy element, but according to PL that has not even come in to it yet, despite it taking 17 weeks to realise there was a problem.

From the Chronicle, maybe the rumours of clear tv’s dealings with Qatar weren’t that far fetched.

Wannabe Newcastle United owner Henry Mauriss is believed to have left Mike Ashley baffled after running up a legal bill of over £500,000, writes Lee Ryder.

Negotiations between the Clear TV CEO and Ashley's lawyers were ongoing over the summer but the Toon owner is mystified by the snail-paced nature of the talks since Amanda Staveley's Middle East consortium withdrew from discussions after revealing their frustration with the Premier League.

Why would anybody so far and then step back when there was a clear shot at a takeover deal?

It is the question that Ashley and Co are asking themselves ahead of a new season, one they will have to finance after a summer of frustration.

From the Chronicle, maybe the rumours of clear tv’s dealings with Qatar weren’t that far fetched.

Wannabe Newcastle United owner Henry Mauriss is believed to have left Mike Ashley baffled after running up a legal bill of over £500,000, writes Lee Ryder.

Negotiations between the Clear TV CEO and Ashley's lawyers were ongoing over the summer but the Toon owner is mystified by the snail-paced nature of the talks since Amanda Staveley's Middle East consortium withdrew from discussions after revealing their frustration with the Premier League.

Why would anybody so far and then step back when there was a clear shot at a takeover deal?

It is the question that Ashley and Co are asking themselves ahead of a new season, one they will have to finance after a summer of frustration.

Financed by Qatar to create misdirection and confusion.  Mission accomplished.  £500k well spent

Someone being a wanker in a business negotiation. What goes around comes around eh Big Mike ?

Is Mandy still actually alive?  She’s vanished as well.

Hope she didn't accept the invite to the Saudi Consulate  :naughty:

hope she didn't accept the invite to Sean's house for a chat with a fans representative

I think I’m going to report her missing

Is Mandy still actually alive?  She’s vanished as well.

Very frustrating that she so publicly asked for our support (which we provided), but then hasn't provided anything in terms of an update.

Perhaps Caulkin will provide a hint as he seems to be the closest source we have to her and it looks like he is active again on Twitter after his holiday.

Possible scenarios??

- She's back in top secret talks with all the original groups and the takeover is very much still on (and she can't say anything)

- She's trying to formulate a new bid (without PIF), and doesn't want to say anything

- The takeover is absolutely dead and she just wants to disappear off into the sunset without any final statement

I hope its the first one but the others seem more likely  :undecided:

Guest neesy111

And is Caulkin on some round-the-world cruise or something? It's a bloody long holiday.

Is this serious?

He could be writing a book etc.