Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I have some news regarding an attempted takeover.

This forum has been forced to endure an attempted takeover by a lorryload of fuckwits. Christ.

:lol: :lol:

I think that statement makes you ‘in the clique’

Caulkin reckons getting the lawyers involved is to force the PL to finally make an official decision that could be then took to appeal that the buyers would have confidence in winning.

Also says the buyers had been in daily dialogue with the club including discussions on player recruitment. Probably why we’ve got Wilson, Fraser and Lewis

But but but, they're Bruce's buys?

Caulkin has as much a clue as Edwards. He built a reputation on being significantly more articulate that the typical local journalist and having a tenuous friendship with Staveley which has been shown up to be worth less than a slice of dung smeared toast.

I'd be happy to state that people on this forum know as much about what has gone on as Caulkin does after the last few months.

Christ man!

Detach the emotion, and what exactly is inaccurate with that?

There is some absolute fruit cakes on this forum.

I think it’s largely accepted that caulkin gets his info from staveley, he passes on what she tells him. It really is as simple as that

Questioning whether the info she passes him is crap does not make a fruitcake, If it did, then the takeover would have been done ages ago based on what she fed him and he reported.

Well she's still here by the looks of it, equally you could argue if she was a fraud she would have slunk away in defeat by now. I for one am very happy about that, still prefer this consortium above all the other ones who disappear as soon as hard cash is required to be shown.

Caulkin reckons getting the lawyers involved is to force the PL to finally make an official decision that could be then took to appeal that the buyers would have confidence in winning.

Also says the buyers had been in daily dialogue with the club including discussions on player recruitment. Probably why we’ve got Wilson, Fraser and Lewis

Caulkin has as much a clue as Edwards. He built a reputation on being significantly more articulate that the typical local journalist and having a tenuous friendship with Staveley which has been shown up to be worth less than a slice of dung smeared toast.

I'd be happy to state that people on this forum know as much about what has gone on as Caulkin does after the last few months.

Christ man!

I think it’s largely accepted that caulkin gets his info from staveley, he passes on what she tells him. It really is as simple as that

Questioning whether the info she passes him is crap does not make a fruitcake, If it did, then the takeover would have been done ages ago based on what she fed him and he reported.

He isn't presenting it as the truth.

Christ man!

He isn't presenting it as the truth.

He did present what she told him as the truth. I've no doubt he truthfully reported what she said.

Either way what was reported has not been the actual outcome.

Now here we are sitting looking at a protracted legal battle, with no guarantee of any takeover at the end of it.

Completely untrue.

How so? People on here only know what Caulkin and the press tell them barring a few that claim to be ITK. So i Don't think it's unreasonable to claim that people on here know as much as he does (or publishes at least).

There's enough members watching many many sources and reports, so anything that comes out tends to end up here one way or another.

So your argument is that we know as much as Caulkin does after he tells us, which means he knows nowt?  That would only be true if he never received new info.

Also the reasoning that all his info from Staveley is worthless because what she's told him hasn't always come to pass is faulty.  For instance she might be assured the takeover is being allowed soon.  She tells Caulkin who passes, something changes and it doesn't happen That's a case of changing circumstances rather than inaccurate info.  So it's no reason the think all other info is worthless.

Christ man!

He's a ground-breaking journalist dontcha know?

Anyone giving Caulkin abuse needs shot with s*** tbh.

Exactly this.

Since when does not considering Caulkin some kind of journalistic Messiah count as abuse.

He's good at what he does, but is far too reliant on single sources.

What other sources did you expect him to get in the nufc takeover like :lol:

I like Caulkin but I don’t think his reporting is all that special, and he was unwise to make himself the spokesperson for Staveley to such an extent.

At the end of the day he’s a football journalist, what they can know is very limited.

Agree with this.

Am actually a little surprised he made these recent comments.

I thought the lesson might have been learned to stay quiet and just let it go on in the background.

He's in a funny position now because he probably can't voice a personal opinion without it being interpreted as having come from Amanda Staveley.

Guest neesy111

I like Caulkin but I don’t think his reporting is all that special, and he was unwise to make himself the spokesperson for Staveley to such an extent.

At the end of the day he’s a football journalist, what they can know is very limited.

This.

I thought the lesson might have been learned to stay quiet and just let it go on in the background.

He's in a funny position now because he probably can't voice a personal opinion without it being interpreted as having come from Amanda Staveley.

Im hoping Ashleys lawyers (QC ones), the government and the PL are having discussions on how to progress this to the satisfaction of all parties.  I would be very surprised if this actually made it to court.  I think an out of court agreement will be reached - and hopefully that is a restructed bid that can be approved.

Hopefully we go into a period of radio silence again to let me get on with the above!

Im hoping Ashleys lawyers (QC ones), the government and the PL are having discussions on how to progress this to the satisfaction of all parties.  I would be very surprised if this actually made it to court.  I think an out of court agreement will be reached - and hopefully that is a restructed bid that can be approved.

Hopefully we go into a period of radio silence again to let them get on with the above!

All I know about him is what I read on here and I've seen nothing to explain the love-in that some have. I really don't have an opinion on him, but the way people go on about him is ridiculous.

All I know about him is what I read on here and I've seen nothing to explain the love-in that some have. I really don't have an opinion on him, but the way people go on about him is ridiculous.

In terms of eloquent and informed writing about the club over a period of at least five years and capturing the mood of the fans his writing has been second to none.

If the takeover goes through, he should be credited as the 4th or 5th most influential person in the takeover happening as it was no doubt his writings in the Times that were read by Staveley and made her decide to make this her life’s venture

In terms of eloquent and informed writing about the club over a period of at least five years and capturing the mood of the fans his writing has been second to none.

If the takeover goes through, he should be credited as the 4th or 5th most influential person in the takeover happening as it was no doubt his writings in the Times that were read by Staveley and made her decide to make this her life’s venture

I might give a passing thought to the most influential but I'm not making a list of nominations.

Unlike Ryder, Edwards et al he’s a proper journalist, and a good one. Also seems a nice bloke and a real Newcastle fan. What’s not to like?

The man has integrity and is only as good as his sources, like all journos. I think he's genuine and well intended, same for Chris Waugh.