Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Takeover still on track,things going on behind the scenes ,keep the faith.

Given you seem to get the starting XI bang on every week, this is interesting :thup:

Ah, man. I don't need this hope again :lol:

Not sure where you get "this hope AGAIN" from?

The Takeover has continued in quiet for a lot of months now.

No one knows what the result will be, but there is no reason to feel hope "again" (as if you had stopped for some reason) just as there is no reason to "lose hope" at all, just because you aren't hearing endless leaks from the negotiations.

It has continued to happen, without any break, in the way that it always should have done.

When a conclusion is reached we will know.

It'll happen by the end of the season

Definitely by then.

Thinking how long litigation takes, depending on whether the case is so powerful they settle out of court or not, I would like to think we might even be in time to do some 'corrections' in the January Transfer Window.

I assume there IS going to be a January Transfer Window, as per normal, this season?

Pretty sure that part of your post won't be what any replies are about  :lol:

Really?

Are there really any people around here who still do not know what is going on?

do you?

I was hoping you had a sense of humour but never mind, you carry on.

I get accused of a lot of things, on this forum. All of us get accused of a lot of things on this forum !!

But, this is the first time I have been accused of not having a sense of humour.

I am actually 'famous' for my sense of humour in the real world, really very famous.

;D :snod: :p :naughty: :idiot2: :yikes: :frantic: :mike:

Bimpy474[/member] you need to remember that Manorpark is in his 60's (at least) so forum humour probably passes him by ;)

Well i didn't mean in general, i just meant in my post about what replies will be posted.

Gee sometimes it's hard just to have fun  :lol:

It'll happen by the end of the season

Definitely by then.

Thinking how long litigation takes, depending on whether the case is so powerful they settle out of court or not, I would like to think we might even be in time to do some 'corrections' in the January Transfer Window.

I assume there IS going to be a January Transfer Window, as per normal, this season?

Pretty sure that part of your post won't be what any replies are about  :lol:

Really?

Are there really any people around here who still do not know what is going on?

do you?

I was hoping you had a sense of humour but never mind, you carry on.

I get accused of a lot of things, on this forum. All of us get accused of a lot of things on this forum !!

But, this is the first time I have been accused of not having a sense of humour.

I am actually 'famous' for my sense of humour in the real world, really very famous.

;D :snod: :p :naughty: :idiot2: :yikes: :frantic: :mike:

See post to Shearergol, or nevermind..... :dontknow:

Takeover still on track,things going on behind the scenes ,keep the faith.

"still on track"...are you saying everything leading up to this point has gone exactly as planned?

:lol:

Still on track but the train driver is dead on the dead mans handle.

Ongoing must say my prediction of before xmas looks off, but still very confident PL will buckle. If they thought they were on sound footing they would have rejected it on insufficient evidence provided. They’re simply kicking the can down the road in the hope PIF would walk, they haven’t so their strategy will come under pressure with De Marco on the case.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-pif-takeover-stands-preparatory-19041094

Despite the flurry of headlines around the mysterious Bellagraph Nova Group on Friday there remains one game in town when it comes to the Newcastle takeover: the consortium backed by the Saudi Public Investment Fund.

It's understood that they are now preparing for the long haul with Mike Ashley's legal action against the Premier League still in the preparatory stage.

But a source re-stated commitment to the project this week, with PIF - who have made no public comment - maintaining a watching brief.

It's nearly a month since Newcastle's explosive statement, which came after a week in which the group hoped to have done enough to overcome the hurdles which stopped the deal being done in the summer.

The Premier League have yet to reject or approve the bid, which is partly what the legal action is centring on. A rejection could lead to a successful appeal. There is heavyweight political support for the bid.

The Saudi side have attracted plenty of interest from intermediaries and football clubs since their interest in Newcastle became public. But all tentative approaches have been dismissed with United still the focus - even if it's now very apparent there will be no resolution in days or weeks.

Instead it looks as if Ashley's tenure will continue into 2021 - with the caveat that the legal action he is funding is at least proof of his willingness to sell.

Alternative buyers - including Henry Mauriss and the BNG Group - are not being taken seriously and while there has been expressions of interest from other groups the commitment to the Saudi-backed project has - in the words of one takeover intermediary - "put them off the scent".

So transfer window shuts tonight and this to be announced approved soon? Should we get the #cans back? No I am not ITK. Just basing on what people were theorising in the past.

Nope unfortunately seems like this will drag on for a while yet, though you can never rule out an announcement out of the blue.

So transfer window shuts tonight and this to be announced approved soon? Should we get the #cans back? No I am not ITK. Just basing on what people were theorising in the past.

Not a chance