Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Mate I’ve nothing against you and I’m positive if there’s a positive development but you just say the same things over and over again. You might think it’s realistic and others don’t

Again fwiw I think it will happen the piracy for me is the biggest hurdle. That’s my opinion I don’t need to say it every single day

Mate I’ve nothing against you and I’m positive if there’s a positive development but you just say the same things over and over again. You might think it’s realistic and others don’t

Again fwiw I think it will happen the piracy for me is the biggest hurdle. That’s my opinion I don’t need to say it every single day

Well, obviously, I don't say it every day, but when you look at the incessant tide of absolute negativity around this place, someone has to be realistic, and there are only so many different ways you can write "this is realitically what will happen" !!

I would love it to happen but I don't think it will, I think league will protect their 'big six' and will just filibuster and obstruct. I think legal avenues might be being pursued but ultimately the longer things take the less likely they are to happen tbh. Sorry, I try not to post but this place just endlessly goes round in circles at the moment and if I had a penny every time someone reported someone was 'confident'...

its got to happen,simply put,the clubs been on its knees for years

This for me too. All arguments about Bruce, players and everything else feels pointless for now.

Without significant investment, the future for the club looks bleak.

Of course if we get to a point where the takeover is completely dead, which evidence points to not being the case right now, then something else will need to be done (sack Bruce) for the sake of survival. But the general downward trajectory of our club will continue without significant investment.

Quick question. Was it not leaked from the buyers last year that investment wouldn't be on a Man City level and would be alot more steady and sensible?

No complaints from me if that was the case, as we would still be moving in the right direction. But talk of being the richest club in the world etc may leave some disappointed if we didn't start throwing silly money around.

Guest reefatoon

Manor park digging at the overly negative people there, but are you not doing the exact same thing just at the other end of the spectrum? We all want this to go through desperately, but don’t question people’s caution for negativity. Including yourself, we all have no clue what is happening and are all just living on blind hope at the moment. Things are happening in the background but we have no clue what they are, how significant they are in a successful takeover or if any of it is going to get what we all want. Keith has been doing a fantastic job of taking things to the EPL and he does seem to have them a little rattled, but all we have at the moment is somebody’s confidence in what they are doing. We have heard that before from last year when a lot of confidence was seeping out but ultimately it didn’t happen and this has made a lot of people cautious on getting too carried away. At the moment I see confidence in people trying to make a difference which is great, but it’s still good to not get too carried away in thinking anything is “complete” “fact” or “won”. As of March last year, we all just still live in hope.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say, "ah, we've heard the 'confident' stuff before."

Amanda and PIF's initial confidence was informed by world class lawyers basically and the PL had to break the law to prevent the takeover. Only if they lose the legal case do I think it would be fair to say their confidence was misplaced.

De Marco posting pictures of a book titled "The Playboy Prince"

He's such a fucking tease  :lol:

Sure the Mimms ITK from another forum said he knew exactly what he was doing  :lol:

Yep, and with that picture amongst others I completely believe it. He always cuts his bread into 80/10/10 too  :lol:

Manor park digging at the overly negative people there, but are you not doing the exact same thing just at the other end of the spectrum? We all want this to go through desperately, but don’t question people’s caution for negativity. Including yourself, we all have no clue what is happening and are all just living on blind hope at the moment. Things are happening in the background but we have no clue what they are, how significant they are in a successful takeover or if any of it is going to get what we all want. Keith has been doing a fantastic job of taking things to the EPL and he does seem to have them a little rattled, but all we have at the moment is somebody’s confidence in what they are doing. We have heard that before from last year when a lot of confidence was seeping out but ultimately it didn’t happen and this has made a lot of people cautious on getting too carried away. At the moment I see confidence in people trying to make a difference which is great, but it’s still good to not get too carried away in thinking anything is “complete” “fact” or “won”. As of March last year, we all just still live in hope.

Thanks for that common sense response. Much appreciated.

In my own defence, when you are at "the other end of the spectrum" on here, you have to be accurate and 'very certain' in how you express things, as otherwise you get "drowned out" in (what seems like at times) a sea of endless negativity, none of which is factually based but is all part of an automatic 'disenfranchised' expression of accepted - and expected - bad outcomes.

It is difficult to accept that . . so I don't !

So March is the new January then. Seems like it keeps being pushed two months ahead all the time. Why anyone would pay any attention to a time frame put forward by the NCSL, or anyone else tbh, is beyond me.

It's been proven time, and time and time again that the "buyers confidence" means absolutely nowt.

Going to get a Whitley mag etc on your case now

Not me, if you don’t think it’s going to happen I respect your view. I do think you’ll be proved wrong in the end, but when that is the jury is still out.

The only thing that’s riled me on here, was the calling NCSL embarrassing idiots. Hopefully Keith dispelled that last night, and we can all get behind any efforts to make this happen.

Never said whether I think it'll happen or not (fwiw I'm sceptical, give it maybe a 30% chance), I just said that every timescale so far has been week wrong and I wouldn't trust it.

This is it, great post.

This is it, great post.

Exactly, I have already agreed.

In my own defence, when you are at "the other end of the spectrum" on here, you have to be accurate and 'very certain' in how you express things, as otherwise you get "drowned out" in (what seems like at times) a sea of endless negativity, none of which is factually based but is all part of an automatic 'disenfranchised' expression of accepted - and expected - bad outcomes.

Any negativity is based on fact because it is quite clearly a fact that after 9-10 months, the takeover (which was meant to take 2-4 weeks once it got to the PL) still hasn't happened.

:lol: :lol:

A lot of the negativity is based entirely in fact. The fact being that this has been going on close to a year now and we're still not under new ownership. Despite unshakable buyer confidence, a supposed legal team akin to the fuckin Avengers and twitter accounts with inside knowledge of the diplomatic dealings of sovereign states one fact remains clear. We are still owned by Mike Ashley and that doesnt look like its going to change in at least the short term.

Honestly, if this goes through, and you have your day of reckoning, fair play. I'd love for Manor Park to be right all along but for now, I don't begrudge anyone having a healthy dose of skepticism being honest.

Could someone list the facts. Actual facts as in official statements?

I’ve got;

1)  PIF withdraw offer

2)  Shaheed Fatima QC and Nick De Marco QC are acting for Newcastle United FC and Mike Ashley (instructed by Dentons) in a dispute with the Premier League about its rejection of a takeover bid made by PCP Capital Partners, the Reuben Brothers and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) based on its Owners and Directors test.

And Possibly

3)  2 Newcastle fans write letter to PL re competition act. PL reply. 2 fans suggest legal action will ensue.

He's such a f***ing tease  :lol:

What does that mean?

MBS is referred to as the playboy prince

Right, actually never knew that.

He's such a f***ing tease  :lol:

What does that mean?

MBS is referred to as the playboy prince

Right, actually never knew that.

The book is also called "The Heir Apparent"