Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Saudis want to buy stuff like clubs to have brands attached to them to look modern and progressive and exciting, they're hardly unique in that, making your country look an attractive brand is hardly in and of itself immoral it's more the size and vileness of the turd you are polishing. That they then also try and say that the investment fund, there to make the state look good, isn't actually controlled by the state is a case of trying to have your cake and eat it.

Now as I understand it to avoid the king having to do the fit and proper person they tried to provide some legal guarantee that the king would not have any say over the running of the club iirc and this actually what the arbritration that is so often sought is over. I guess the premier league doubts for all theycould have a written guarantee that is apaprently legally binding how they would ever challenge it if the king was just privately telling the guys in charge what to do without any papertrail though, so dunno.

This is what im a bit unsure of, ie how much influence this guys gonna have.

Obviously hes not gonna be telling what brand of teabags the club should buy or whether smoked or unsmoked bacon is best. Nor will he interfere with the training methods to use at Benton or even what players to buy.

The concern, i would imagine, would be the economic side, ie sponsorships and such like, FFP etc .

But even then, how much influence will he, as an individual person, actually have? Not much, if any is my guess.

PIF has a board doesnt it, of which he is chairman. Does anyone know how the board structered and how it reaches decisions? Not much point of a board if its one man calling all the shots.

We're not a shitty club. We're a beautiful club with a shitty owner.

He's f***ing cancer.

You wouldn't say you had a shitty Grandma because she was riddled with cancer.

Spot on. Some of our fans love bashing our club.

Sorry going to have to reply with another Analogy.

NUFC is like a listed building that could be magnificent but has been derelict for a number of years.  The building is shitty in its current state but could be magnificent again if only someone would buy it and do it up!    So I stand by my assertion.  NUFC in its current state is a shitty club!

Possibly the point of the board is to make to look like it’s not just one man making the decisions.

Yep, 200 separate investments, worth $350bn, and MBS is choosing each one after careful consideration and using his personal experience and skill, then signing it all off...but via a ‘fake’ board so that he doesn’t take all the credit. Ok.

MBS is a the figurehead chairman who really only helps set high level direction when it’s on quite long laundry list of being crown prince and running the kingdom. I’m sure he is actually in tune with what is going on with this because it’s now public and he won’t want to lose or be embarrassed again.

But the Governor of the PIF, our supposed future chairman, is the one who’s calling the ultimate shots day to day and an investment of this size is probably completely up to his discretion.

This is all from what I understand how the PIF is run based on those who I know who have dealt with them. It’s very much like any other middle eastern swf, the head or chairman may set big target objectives but there are qualified and incredibly smart and diligent people handling the day to day.

Possibly the point of the board is to make to look like it’s not just one man making the decisions.

Yep, 200 separate investments, worth $350bn, and MBS is choosing each one after careful consideration and using his personal experience and skill, then signing it all off...but via a ‘fake’ board so that he doesn’t take all the credit. Ok.

Come on, he’s head of a royal dictatorship that controls massive state wealth. Obviously it’s hard to say exactly how it’s run, but I doubt it follows conventional business practices all that much.

That said, it’s still debatable how much it should matter to the O&D test.

We're not a shitty club. We're a beautiful club with a shitty owner.

He's fucking cancer.

You wouldn't say you had a shitty Grandma because she was riddled with cancer.

If she appointed Steve Bruce as her doctor, aye.  Shit gran for wankers.

I think both sides are right in the "we're a shitty club," "we're not a shitty club" debate.

Newcastle United, the club we grew up loving unconditionally, is everything Rocker says. But it doesn't exist atm. The imposter in its place - who I do not support (hence wanting us/it to lose) - is very much a shitty club.

I doubt very much MBS would give a single shit as to what we did and I don't think the premier league realistically do either. I guess the point being though if for some reason he did and told whoever is meant to be in charge rename the club 'I'm glad I had Khasoggi killed he deserved it FC' would they realistically say, uh no we are legally a seperate entity and I have authority here or would it be of course your majesty, and that I guess is why the premier league say he should do a fit and proper person test...

Are we really saying MBS won’t have the ability to make any decision he wants to should he feel the need?

Also, was he legally charged with head lopping and piracy? 

Edit to say, exactly that Tiresias. That’s why he should rightly be in the owners test.

Are we really saying MBS won’t have the ability to make any decision he wants to should he feel the need?

Edit to say, exactly that Tiresias. That’s why he should rightly be in the owners test.

How can MBS be charged with lopping someone's head off.  Its the law of the land so its a judicial killing, the same as the USA who executed that woman in the gas chamber the other day, that's also a judicial killing.  Should Trump be charged with murder, because he was the one that said executions in the USA should be resumed. 

How can MBS be charged with lopping someone's head off.  Its the law of the land so its a judicial killing, the same as the USA who executed that woman in the gas chamber the other day, that's also a judicial killing.  Should Trump be charged with murder, because he was the one that said executions in the USA should be resumed. 

Probably, yeah :lol:

We will be a toy of MBS dude plays games online and spends tons of money on them. He will invest silly money and he will sack Managers for funny reasons. You saw Tuchel got the boot at PSG for saying something not that outrageous in the papers our managers will get the boot for a whole lot less than that under MBS leadership. Getting beat by bottom of the league team there will be a call from MBS to bin the manager before he speak the press.

All in all him acting as he wants is much better than the neglect we are facing now under Ashely.

Currently a shitty club, potentially one of the greatest clubs in the world. Not sure why it's even being discussed.

Because some people have a problem swallowing the bolded bit, which I can understand if you are from Stoke or Norwich, less forgivable if you are local. Luckily for us, PIF and the likes of Rafa and Keegan understood the potential would set their sights higher as a result.

We will be a toy of MBS dude plays games online and spends tons of money on them. He will invest silly money and he will sack Managers for funny reasons. You saw Tuchel got the boot at PSG for saying something not that outrageous in the papers our managers will get the boot for a whole lot less than that under MBS leadership. Getting beat by bottom of the league team there will be a call from MBS to bin the manager before he speak the press.

All in all him acting as he wants is much better than the neglect we are facing now under Ashely.

Such guesswork :lol:

So it’s a matter of fact that he is directly responsible for giving the order for that then? Or is it just the premier league that are going to make the determination that he is?