Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If he isn't sacked that blatantly states the takeover isn't happening.  Was there an advert for saudi Arabia at half time? Or had I drank too much beer?  If there was that must be a sign

No one knows if it’s happening yet that’s the point. It’s at arbitration stage

If he isn't sacked that blatantly states the takeover isn't happening.  Was there an advert for saudi Arabia at half time? Or had I drank too much beer?  If there was that must be a sign

He is part of the puzzle they want him to keep the club float until they complete the takeover.

Sheff U is Saudi owned

I didn't see it as I'd gone to put the kettle on, but

There probably was seeing sheffirlds owner is a Saudi prince.

Think I have lost the appetite to follow this thread now. All of a sudden we have a much bigger problem than Richard Masters, the Premier League, Qatar, the big six and the national media. And it's right here on our doorstep.

Honestly dont think I have the stomach to follow events at this club over the next four months. Its got the mother of all disasters written all over it.

Think I have lost the appetite to follow this thread now. All of a sudden we have a much bigger problem than Richard Masters, the Premier League, Qatar, the big six and the national media. And it's right here on our doorstep.

Honestly dont think I have the stomach to follow events at this club over the next four months. Its got the mother of all disasters written all over it.

If Ashley is happy with club outside of bottom 3 as implied by Chronicle, then I suspect takeover is not currently in immediate danger. Obviously things could deteriorate further over next couple of games, but think 8 point gap is saving grace at the minute.

When the buyers start getting twitchy he will act.

If Ashley is happy with club outside of bottom 3 as implied by Chronicle, then I suspect takeover is not currently in immediate danger. Obviously things could deteriorate further over next couple of games, but think 8 point gap is saving grace at the minute.

Banking on that gap would be the biggest mistake that Ashley could make. By the time it evaporates it will likely be too late to arrest the slump.

If the buyers are as confident as we hear and the takeover looking nailed on then they should be doing everything they can to oust Bruce right this minute and get Benitez back.

Banking on that gap would be the biggest mistake that Ashley could make. By the time it evaporates it will likely be too late to arrest the slump.

If the buyers are as confident as we hear and the takeover looking nailed on then they should be doing everything they can to oust Bruce right this minute and get Benitez back.

Must admit tonight is the first time I’ve actually thought we could be in real trouble here. Let’s hope some pressure is exerted behind the scenes by consortium.

Must admit tonight is the first time I’ve actually thought we could be in real trouble here. Let’s hope some pressure is exerted behind the scenes by consortium.

We are going down, look at our fixtures coming up.  I cant see where the points are coming from.  All ashley had to do was keep Benitez and his investment would have been safe.  Absolute dickhead he is.

Only Mike Ashley can have someone willing to give you 350M for a club hurtling towards the bottom of the league, with a clueless manager in charge, in the middle of a pandemic, while the league say go away.

They have absolute commitment to this deal don't they  :lol:

I don't fully accept the idea that if we go down into the Championship any takeover would be off.

Surely, if an incoming new owner was buying the club as a long term investment (as professed to be the case for PIF) then a drop to the Championship, during or just before a takeover, would be viewed as a minor speedbump?  They would just come in and replace Steve Bruce, which they're going to do anyway, and buy new/better players, which they're going to do anyway, and then be confident of returning to the Premier League at the conclusion of the following season.

I don't even buy the argument "but good players wouldn't want to play a season in the Championship."  In the first few seasons of any takeover any incoming players will be coming for the money they can make, not for the prestige of playing for NUFC.  Even if we stayed up, we're not going to be winning our way to silverware or European competitions in the first season or two, so any new players are going to be attracted to the club either for the longer term journey or because the new owners are prepared to pay a premium - this means that a single season in the Championship is not going to deter them.

So, to conclude, my point is, if PIF want NUFC then I don't think the prospect of a single season in the Championship will deter them.

My house is worth a lot more in posh street than what it would be in shit street, the Saudis would want 30% off if we went down.

Yes, if you move your caravan from a nice street to a shit street it is worth less.  But, if you then move your caravan back to the nice street it recovers its original value.

IMO, in this analogy, the Saudis don't want to buy a caravan at all; they want to buy a nice stately home with 40 rooms that's fallen into some disrepair. Sure, it needs some DIY repair work and some TLC to look like something good but it'll be grand once that's done.

Bruce taking us down would be razing it to the ground and pissing on the ashes. PIF would 180 instantaneously. It would absolutely be the end.

Given our current form and assuming the takeover will actually happen sometime reasonably soon, The new owners will have to have a new manager (and his coaching staff) ready to go at a moments notice.

There will be no time to waste.

If we go down there's no way the takeover happens. Aside from the fact they've said they wouldn't buy us as a Championship club, you'd have the small matter of the clubs value being halved on relegation. No way is Ashley parting with his £300m asset for around £150m even if the Saudis did have a change of heart and were still interested. He'd gamble on us coming straight back up and then starting negotiations again.

If we go down there's no way the takeover happens. Aside from the fact they've said they wouldn't buy us as a Championship club, you'd have the small matter of the clubs value being halved on relegation. No way is Ashley parting with his £300m asset for around £150m even if the Saudis did have a change of heart and were still interested. He'd gamble on us coming straight back up and then starting negotiations again.

While I agree with this surely the noises coming out are that we’ll get an answer one way or another this month or next