Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Do we have any direct quotes saying that they won't buy if we get relegated?

The money it takes to get back up is what Liverpool would spend on a goalie. From PIFs perspective, surely it'd be a minor inconvenience.

Quicker to just buy Leeds.

Except Leeds don't offer the same package, nowhere near.  Not this year or any other year.

Also Qatar have 1st dibs on Leeds.

The money it takes to get back up is what Liverpool would spend on a goalie. From PIFs perspective, surely it'd be a minor inconvenience.

Except Leeds don't offer the same package, nowhere near.  Not this year or any other year.

Delusional. What do NUFC have that Leeds cannot offer?

Leeds have never averaged over 40k in their history. Until the 70’s they were a nothing club.

In short they’ll never be as big as NUFC.

Who the fuck is Harry?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say someone who doesn't know anything about the takeover.

That doesn't narrow it down very much. :lol:

:lol:

I'll just never understand what people get out of pretending to know something.

I've never understood what people get out of winding other people up.

Bigger stadium, consistently bigger crowds.

Leeds have realised their potential a couple of times in my lifetime, NUFC came close a couple of times and were huge, but still hasn't fully happened since the Edwardian era.

Leeds have never averaged over 40k in their history. Until the 70’s they were a nothing club.

Sorry but that is simply nonsense. Biggest club in Yorkshire, in a thriving & cosmopolitan city, with a history of winning trophies in the living memory of most people. Attendences count for nothing, especially since Leeds are hardly Wimbledon...they still have attracted pretty large crowds in all the time I have followed the game. At this rate they will be a bigger club than us in 5 months time, never mind never at all.

Leeds are a club just waiting to take off. And if the Saudis or Qataris buy them & make them even remotely like Man City they will attract 50k crowds easily.

Leeds have realised their potential a couple of times in my lifetime, NUFC came close a couple of times and were huge, but still hasn't fully happened since the Edwardian era.

NUFC have more potential than Leeds and that's all. Means fuck all if we never realise that potential though. If Leeds get oil money they could be exactly like City.

Sorry but that is simply nonsense. Biggest club in Yorkshire, in a thriving & cosmopolitan city, with a history of winning trophies in the living memory of most people. Attendences count for nothing, especially since Leeds are hardly Wimbledon...they still have attracted pretty large crowds in all the time I have followed the game. At this rate they will be a bigger club than us in 5 months time, never mind never at all.

Leeds are a club just waiting to take off. And if the Saudis or Qataris buy them & make them even remotely like Man City they will attract 50k crowds easily.

We already attract 50k crowds. In the championship too.

And? 

There seems to be a thought process going on here that, just because NUFC have more potential than Leeds, that somehow Leeds won't be a very attractive proposition to Saudi. Absolute delusion I'm afraid.

NUFC have more potential than Leeds and that's all. Means fuck all if we never realise that potential though. If Leeds get oil money they could be exactly like City.

Agree with you, Leeds have always been a similar club to ours in my lifetime, one club city, huge passionate fan base and northern based.

That said, why would PIF go there when they would come up against the exact same problems they have already faced here, i.e. PL opposition to the deal?

And? 

There seems to be a thought process going on here that, just because NUFC have more potential than Leeds, that somehow Leeds won't be a very attractive proposition to Saudi. Absolute delusion I'm afraid.

Well the Saudis are interested in us, and not giving up easily, and haven't went for Leeds.  Surely that stands for something?

There's something in the fact that Staveley has clearly sold NUFC to them and not Leeds, as she realises what it could be, the idea that they'll just jump ship and buy instead is just pure speculation, regardless how much you keep saying people are deluded.

Agree with you, Leeds have always been a similar club to ours in my lifetime, one club city, huge passionate fan base and northern based.

That said, why would PIF go there when they would come up against the exact same problems they have already faced here, i.e. PL opposition to the deal?

Exactly. I've been following NUFC for 36 years and to me the two clubs have always seemed very similar so I'm not sure where this superiority complex is coming from. Now that they are back in the Prem, go and ask the average Joe on the street who is the biggest club and you might not like the answer you get.

The worry that PIF go there is if we get relegated, which at the moment looks highly likely. If we stay up though there is nothing to worry about as we are a more attractive proposition than Leeds. But there is a lot less in it than some believe IMO.

It’s not a football mad city like Newcastle, and Rugby League is massive there.

I’m not saying there not a big club and have a raucous support on their day, I’d put them on a par with City with the advantage of being a 1 club city.

We on the other hand with Saudi backing could be as big as they come. If they get it right you’re talking 65k plus regularly, and I think I’m being conservative.

Even under their purple patch with Wilkinson and O’Leary there was regularly empty seats at Elland Road. That simply would not have happened here with their level of success.

Exactly. I've been following NUFC for 36 years and to me the two clubs have always seemed very similar so I'm not sure where this superiority complex is coming from. Now that they are back in the Prem, go and ask the average Joe on the street who is the biggest club and you might not like the answer you get.

The worry that PIF go there is if we get relegated, which at the moment looks highly likely. If we stay up though there is nothing to worry about as we are a more attractive proposition than Leeds. But there is a lot less in it than some believe IMO.

If we get relegated. If not then we’re definitely more attractive but come with the same problems as Leeds - other clubs and Tv blah blah