Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Didn’t BeIn Jacobs say that he expects an announcement next week re BeIN having their licence reinstated in KSA?

Agreed though that Keith doesn’t seem confident going by that tweet. No takeover and I am literally out 100% regardless of whether Bruce is sacked or what, just can’t be arsed with this pointless club.

Aye, he doesn’t sound anywhere near as confident in that post. Also, doesn’t seem remotely close to a conclusion which is a bit of a worry. With the way we are hurtling towards relegation and nothing being done by Ashley to rectify it, this will be what kills any takeover from happening.

The only thing to take from all that happening, and it's barely a thing, is that it fucks Ashley too.

This is likely to be the relegation that really hurts us. Couldn't see an instant return this time around.

Aye, he doesn’t sound anywhere near as confident in that post. Also, doesn’t seem remotely close to a conclusion which is a bit of a worry. With the way we are hurtling towards relegation and nothing being done by Ashley to rectify it, this will be what kills any takeover from happening.

The only thing to take from all that happening, and it's barely a thing, is that it fucks Ashley too.

This is likely to be the relegation that really hurts us. Couldn't see an instant return this time around.

There’s no Rafa this time.

Can spend what he wants on players, give Bruce or another fraud the job and we will be down there in 5 years still.

Aye, it ain't happening. We can stop pretending it will. Even the Keith bloke doesn't sound as confident as some on here who actually get most of their confidence from Keith in the first place.

Rafa not coming back will leave me with only 1% hope this will ever happen. I had put some of my blind faith in Rafa's movement. Had he left China at anytime and was heading for us to replace baconhead, I would have believed that the buyers were actually dictating things and super confident it was happening. As it is, Rafa has left China but not a peep about him coming here under the potential new owners instructions. Contrastingly, Caulkin even said Rafa would never come back under Ashley so I'm at a loss as to how this can ever happen and soon. That is just my perspective. Each to their own.

I was happy with that tweet until coming in here - the optimism vacuum :lol:

I’ll break a habit and return to the land of doom and gloom. You’re spot on the tweet is being overly construed as negative, there could be an announcement from Saudi this week according to Jacobs on this very issue.

The agreement between Arab nations involved the dropping of all legal actions, the general consensus is this will happen, we just need to hope it happens this week to break deadlock.

I’ll break a habit and return to the land of doom and gloom. You’re spot on the tweet is being overly construed as negative, there could be an announcement from Saudi this week according to Jacobs on this very issue.

The agreement between Arab nations involved the dropping of all legal actions, the general consensus is this will happen, we just need to hope it happens this week to break deadlock.

You’re saying it’s going through this week?

Guest reefatoon

I don’t think it is being construed overly negative. Keith has always been hugely positive and confident in all his posts, but that one comes across so differently to his previous posting. Hopefully it’s just him feeling a little dejected over last nights result.

Aye, it ain't happening. We can stop pretending it will. Even the Keith bloke doesn't sound as confident as some on here who actually get most of their confidence from Keith in the first place.

Rafa not coming back will leave me with only 1% hope this will ever happen. I had put some of my blind faith in Rafa's movement. Had he left China at anytime and was heading for us to replace baconhead, I would have believed that the buyers were actually dictating things and super confident it was happening. As it is, Rafa has left China but not a peep about him coming here under the potential new owners instructions. Contrastingly, Caulkin even said Rafa would never come back under Ashley so I'm at a loss as to how this can ever happen and soon. That is just my perspective. Each to their own.

Cheers, love to go to war with you.

I’m saying news of Bein being reinstated may be made clearer this week.

Look I’m as pissed off about the current situation as anyone, and the current situation is very worrying.

However, as someone else just said earlier why would Bein situation stop arbitration ? The answer is it wouldn’t directly, however if the PL have indicated in proceeding so far that Bein being reinstated changes things, why not hold off and wait for that.

This is why I believe 2 of Keith’s last 3 tweets have referenced this.

If it goes on any longer PIF won’t want to take over a club looking likely to get relegated. Imo if this goes in to March they either walk away or wait till the season is over and hope we stay up

Look I’m as pissed off about the current situation as anyone, and the current situation is very worrying.

However, as someone else just said earlier why would Bein situation stop arbitration ? The answer is it wouldn’t directly, however if the PL have indicated in proceeding so far that Bein being reinstated changes things, why not hold off and wait for that.

So if bein is announced to be broadcast in Saudi Arabia the prem will drop everything and the deal will go through ?

So if bein is announced to be broadcast in Saudi Arabia the prem will drop everything and the deal will go through ?

Nah, still the big 6 to convince.

Saudis WTO appeal needs to be dropped and Beins lawsuit against Saudi piracy also needs to be dropped. Both are expected to be. God knows when like.

:cool:

Look I’m as p*ssed off about the current situation as anyone, and the current situation is very worrying.

I think the big 6 are hiding behind piracy, if that obstacle is removed it goes through in my opinion.

I don’t think they’ll have any legal case to block it once Bein’s London arbitration hearing is dropped. As far as I’m aware, despite other broadcasters not being happy with Saudi, there are no other legal cases against them that the PL could fall back on.

According to many journalists it’s always been about piracy, the so called big 6 have used this to lobby against takeover.

:cool:

Look I’m as p*ssed off about the current situation as anyone, and the current situation is very worrying.

I think the big 6 are hiding behind piracy, if that obstacle is removed it goes through in my opinion.

I don’t think they’ll have any legal case to block it once Bein’s London arbitration hearing is dropped. As far as I’m aware, despite other broadcasters not being happy with Saudi, there are no other legal cases against them that the PL could fall back on.

According to many journalists it’s always been about piracy, the so called big 6 have used this to lobby against takeover.

So its fingers crossed Bein are reinstated, Saudi drop WTO appeal and Bein's legal case against KSA is dropped. That's basically what we need to happen. It shouldn't be but it is.

Lets hope it all happens sooner rather than later.

Why is relegation such a big deal? The costs incurred are peanuts to these people. They wouldn't even need to buy players. Rafa would walk the league with our current squad. Then the project begins. If Amanda knows anything about Newcastle, the she would know that one year in the 2nd divison wouldn't harm the 'brand'. The place would be on fire once supporters are allowed back. We'd be a raucus juggernaut of a club; a sky sports wet dream.

Why is relegation such a big deal? The costs incurred are peanuts to these people. They wouldn't even need to buy players. Rafa would walk the league with our current squad. Then the project begins. If Amanda knows anything about Newcastle, the she would know that one year in the 2nd divison wouldn't harm the 'brand'. The place would be on fire once supporters are allowed back. We'd be a raucus juggernaut of a club; a sky sports wet dream.

Even though they have vast amounts of money, surely they wouldn’t want to pay £300 odd million for a second tier club. And there’s no way Ashley will lower his price.

If it goes on any longer PIF won’t want to take over a club looking likely to get relegated. Imo if this goes in to March they either walk away or wait till the season is over and hope we stay up

Do we know for an absolute fact that relegation is a show stopper ?

They've spent so long on this, it would be a decision made on such short term thinking if they dropped it because of relegation. With the right structure and management in place, quick promotion back to the PL could be achieved. Buying the club will be a long term plan so it would appear a bit silly to dump it all for maybe 1/2 years in the championship. They want the club because of it's potential. Relegation doesn't take that potential away.