Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Let's say, whatever needs to happen this week, happens. Everything goes in our favour.

Do you really think, the PL will say, "oh look. Saudis and Qatar are buddies again. All legal obstacles there are dropped. Ok PIF. You can take control of Newcastle United Football Club once the keys arrive on your doorstep through the mail next week". Surely they'll make us go through whatever pathetic test they have arranged, take a bit more time to chew on it a little and then, maybe just maybe, they will give the green light? That'll take ages and baconhead would probably have us in the relegation zone already.

Oh, that's not even including the influx of letters that the PL will receive from widows, human rights groups, a bunch of nobodies and etc. Masters needs to reply to all those again. This is going to drag on again.

Giving the go-ahead the moment that Saudi and Qatar shake hands would surely amount to a confession in the court case against whassisname.

MBS isn't sentenced or at trial for anything, he'd pass the Owner's Test. Dunno why people are getting their knickers in a twist over that, it's not an issue and never has been. The issue is if they're separate from the state or not.

Exactly, it's as though MBS has always denied being involved with PIF, and then making this statement.

From day 1 it's been known he's the chairman, he then makes a speech and Edwards thinks it's caused problems. He's an absolute dick and just trying to get more clicks and wind people up.

MBS isn't sentenced or at trial for anything, he'd pass the Owner's Test. Dunno why people are getting their knickers in a twist over that, it's not an issue and never has been. The issue is if they're separate from the state or not.

If they can’t link govt to piracy though once Bein case dropped does it even matter ?  There’s nothing in the PL rule book to say a state can’t own a PL club.

It’s all about Bein dropping their case against Saudi, once that happens I’m struggling to see how separation is even still an issue.

I don't think that is in response to my query but just in case I was talking about the Newcastle fan that is taking the PL to court.

If they can’t link govt to piracy though once Bein case dropped does it even matter ?  There’s nothing in the PL rule book to say a state can’t own a PL club.

It’s all about Bein dropping their case against Saudi, once that happens I’m struggling to see how separation is even still an issue.

The argument (iirc) the PL wants to make is that in essence the state would be a shadow owner, so the state should be the ones directly owning the club if so.

As a non believer ( in the takeover ) the only rational thing to do ( assuming no other credible buyers appear on the horizon ) is hope we go down , then go down again , until such time as we are no longer a feasible advertising hoarding for fattys businesses . Until then its pintless getting your hopes up over anything Nufc related

Lower placed club = lower asking price = dodgy chancers buying the club. (Aka Sunderland)

We need to be sold as a premiership club. It’s now or never.

As twattish as he is, he’s right though isn’t he? We won’t ever get that separation and they’ll use it against us.

He's the public face of PIF, we all knew that already. That doesnt equal him being ultimately the main man in control of day to day decision making though which is what is in question.  So nah he's not right at all.

The fact he's commenting sarcastically about him "obviously being nothing to do with it" shows what a clown he is.  Nobody at all has said he's got nothing to do with it, simply that he isn't the one running it day to day.  There's a panel of people making decisions on its aims and a main guy doing the day to day decision making, a man who has already gone through PL tests.

I don't understand any of that :lol:

He's saying that MBS making the public announcement makes absolutely no difference to any question of whether PIF is separate to the government.  Because we've always known that MBS is chairman and that the PIF board has some government ministers involved.  The seperatation issue has always been a legal one rather than a denial that government has some involvement.  Also that the issue with the takeover is believed to be about much more than any government and PIF separation issue.  Which is why they refused PL arbitration on the issue and instead went to court.  Basically the PIF/Saudi state separation thing is an excuse.

I don't understand any of that :lol:

He's saying that MBS making the public announcement makes absolutely no difference to any question of whether PIF is separate to the government.  Because we've always known that MBS is chairman and that the PIF board has some government ministers involved.  The seperatation issue has always been a legal one rather than a denial that government has some involvement.  Also that the buyers believe government and PIF separation isn't the main issue anyway which is why they refused PL arbitration on the issue and instead went to court.

Cheers Teasy :thup:

As twattish as he is, he’s right though isn’t he? We won’t ever get that separation and they’ll use it against us.

He's the public face of PIF, we all knew that already. That doesnt equal him being ultimately the main man in control of day to day decision making though which is what is in question.  So nah he's not right at all.

The fact he's commenting sarcastically about him "obviously being nothing to do with it" shows what a clown he is.  Nobody at all has said he's got nothing to do with it, simply that he isn't the one running it day to day.  There's a panel of people making decisions on its aims and a main guy doing the day to day decision making, a man who has already gone through PL tests.

Well explained and I’m sure Shaheed Fatima will nail this in any arbitration.

I’m also confident they will be able to use the Man City ownership model to further muddy the waters and show how we are being treat differently. For anyone who has watched Wraiths show on a Friday the Crystal Palace ownership may also be used as evidence to show what a farce this is.

I haven’t researched his myself but Hastie and Mitch always bang on about Palace being owned by a Delaware company, and no one even knows who they are. I’m quite sure that De Marco and co will be able to evidence how we have been treat unfairly when compared to other takeovers.

Someone on here yesterday summed this up completely, how the hell can the PL in our current predicament even claim to be acting in our best interests, it’s f***ing laughable when you look at the state of the Burnley takeover.

Still don’t think this goes to an arbitration hearing, once Bein is reinstated in Saudi we’re home free in my opinion.

Still don’t think this goes to an arbitration hearing, once Bein is reinstated in Saudi where home free in my opinion.

What is happening at the moment if it isn't arbitration? I thought it was arbitration, hence Masters dropping it into his letter and that talk about a third party panel being better than we'd expected?

Still don’t think this goes to an arbitration hearing, once Bein is reinstated in Saudi where home free in my opinion.

What is happening at the moment if it isn't arbitration? I thought it was arbitration, hence Masters dropping it into his letter and that talk about a third party panel being better than we'd expected?

The proceedings have started but not the hearing. The way I understand it is De Marco and PL could come to an agreement at this stage before hearing itself starts.

This is what I think NCSL are alluding to when they’re saying Bein stands in way of deal being done.