Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Part of me thinks manorpark is so over the top, that he could possibly be someone on the wind up.

You have to go back to the 19th Feb for his last post that wasn’t in either takeover thread. It was in the Project Big Picture thread, talking about Newcastle as a European giant after the takeover. :rolleyes:

Clearly not interested in engaging properly about Newcastle, other than to post unrealistic s*** about the takeover which sounds more and more like the stereotypical nonsense that comes out of pundits.

To use a good old English expression . . "Crikey".

I have never posted anything unrealistic in my life, if you think something I have posted is . . then you know where the problem lies.

Until I gave it up, I have had a Season Ticket at St James' since Season 1969/1970 (I was the original 'glory hunter' after we won the Fairs Cup . . hmm!!) so I am more knowledgeable and 'interested in' NUFC than most people I know.

However, the only thing that really matters to NUFC in 2020 and 2021 is the Takeover, which is why that is absolutely the only thing worth posting about until it happens.

To the word 'Crikey', I would add (about your comments) the word 'Dispiriting'.

Crikey that takes me back.....feyenoord, Rangers semi -final and the glorious Upjest Dosza in the final...I wonder how many of us,Manorpark, who are on this forum who were around in our “glory Days"

Part of me thinks manorpark is so over the top, that he could possibly be someone on the wind up.

You have to go back to the 19th Feb for his last post that wasn’t in either takeover thread. It was in the Project Big Picture thread, talking about Newcastle as a European giant after the takeover. :rolleyes:

Clearly not interested in engaging properly about Newcastle, other than to post unrealistic s*** about the takeover which sounds more and more like the stereotypical nonsense that comes out of pundits.

I have never posted anything unrealistic in my life, if you think something I have posted is . . then you know where the problem lies.

Until I gave it up, I have had a Season Ticket at St James' since Season 1969/1970 (I was the original 'glory hunter' after we won the Fairs Cup . . hmm!!) so I am more knowledgeable and 'interested in' NUFC than most people I know.

However, the only thing that really matters to NUFC in 2020 and 2021 is the Takeover, which is why that is absolutely the only thing worth posting about until it happens.

Crikey that takes me back.....feyenoord, Rangers semi -final and the glorious Upjest Dosza in the final...I wonder how many of us,Manorpark, who are on this forum who were around in our “glory Days"

A couple of years ago, in 2019, I celebrated the "50th Anniversary" of our Fairs Cup Win with this long thread, with hundreds of photos and memories HERE . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/fairs-cup-newcastle-united-and-the-1969-fairs-cup-win-50th-anniversary-1969-to-2019.2177948/post-159296132

A couple of years ago, in 2019, I celebrated the "50th Anniversary" of our Fairs Cup Win with this long thread, with hundreds of photos and memories HERE . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/fairs-cup-newcastle-united-and-the-1969-fairs-cup-win-50th-anniversary-1969-to-2019.2177948/post-159296132

Some great pictures there Manorpark.

Shouldn’t have to justify yourself to anyone. :thup:

:thup:

Manorpark has consistently (over the past 10 years plus) posted some really interesting stuff about our history, both club and city.

It's pretty understandable that the takeover has consumed a lot of posters on here. There's nothing else to get stuck into.

Yeah I’ve read some of his stuff on city centre developments, clearly someone who is passionate about every aspect of this great city.

Never lose that enthusiasm.

Thanks everyone.

I will never lose my huge enthusiasm for this great City, it's great people and it's great Football Club.

That is why I cannot contain my excitement about the immensity of what is to come.

Its funny the way some people are unwavering in their positivity. The club lose a high court case and it absolutely, must be part of a grand strategy, and losing a high court case is exactly what they wanted.

That might be the case, or De Marco et al. may have genuinely wanted to remove him as a chair.

It’s ridiculous. I’m 50-50 as that’s what it’ll literally be 50-50. No one knows how the arbitration case will be. I’m

Hopeful but that as much as I can be. The ultra positive types just want to be able to say see I told you all along while the rest of us will be too busy celebrating

At the same time the ultra negative types will be able to say, I told you so, if it all goes arse over tip....best to keep optimistic, whilst prepared for the worst.

How many 'ultra negative types' are there on here? And how many would seriously say 'told you so'?

Most of what I see is people just being realistic. Yeah there's the penns etc, but most people are just grounded.

You’ve obviously not been reading this thread much then😀

Fair.

Outstanding.....great memories...Wyn Davies, still my favourite player to wear the B&W

Yeah mentioned it the other day. But claiming every negative is a secret "we lost on purpose" is very similar to the Trump fans with his election bullshit.

Couldn't possibly be more different.

Trump fans are (by definition) idiots.

People who support NUFC and are also able to distinguish a 'win' from a 'loss' - are uniquely talanted!

You must see the similarities though. With all their legal failures they would claim it was all part of the plan and Trump was playing "4d chess" etc.

This may well turn out successful for us fingers crossed. But to claim every little thing they do is going exactly to plan, I feel is naive. Clearly the intention would have been to oust this guy and replace with someone else, but if losing this was a plan B then hopefully that works out aswell.

The theory that this was to put pressure on the chair is just bonkers.  It's not your mate Terry chairing the local meeting of the rat and parrot dominoes club, it's one of the most senior QCs in the country.  The bloke's been a lawyer for 50 odd years, a QC for 40 or something and was chosen by two retired judges who are also Lords, this isn't gonna rattle him.

The theory that this was to put pressure on the chair is just bonkers.  It's not your mate Terry chairing the local meeting of the rat and parrot dominoes club, it's one of the most senior QCs in the country.  The bloke's been a lawyer for 50 odd years, a QC for 40 or something and was chosen by two retired judges who are also Lords, this isn't gonna rattle him.

Agree 100%, I think it’s got more to do with creating a narrative the supporters will buy into. If or when arbitration goes against us, it’ll be as we were. Not rejected but the buyers won’t come back to the table.

I was joking when I mentioned the possibility of getting relegated on purpose but actually, the more I think of it, it’s probably the likeliest way it can actually happen. (The takeover)

The EFL won’t apply even close to the same rules and then when we return to the PL, well the deal is already done. They can’t do anything about it then.

The EFL will do exactly what the PL tells them to if they try to buy us down there.

Yip, the tests are very much aligned now aswell, the only thing outside arbitration that swings this is the Bein situation which may soften stances and lead to a settlement.

Has it been explained why the preceedings won't be made public ? Surely its in the best interests of all 20 clubs and the wider football community to be as transparent as possible

Has it been explained why the preceedings won't be made public ? Surely its in the best interests of all 20 clubs and the wider football community to be as transparent as possible

Because arbitration is a confidential process, otherwise any subsequent legal challenge will be tainted.

Ashley must not be expecting this to be resolved this year, to be carrying on like this. A lengthy court case can be the only thing he is anticipating as it makes no sense to gamble this way on losing £150m against a payoff of a few million to Bruce.

I can't see how this goes through tbh.

I've been 'pro' it happening for the majority of the fucking saga but having looked at the detail a bit more lately, it's not happening imho.

On the positive side, there'll be other buyers for sure.

Because arbitration is a confidential process, otherwise any subsequent legal challenge will be tainted.

Why is it confidential tho, what information needs to be kept secret

I can't see how this goes through tbh.

I've been 'pro' it happening for the majority of the f***ing saga but having looked at the detail a bit more lately, it's not happening imho.

On the positive side, there'll be other buyers for sure.

This is where I’m at. There seems to be so many different ducks that all need lining up in such a precise order for it to happen. I think by the time it could happen, PIF will be gone.

Relegation will complicate the deal beyond repair.

I’m hopeful Staveley and co. may find another investor though. She seems incredibly keen to get a takeover done.

We will win it, it’s nailed on.

Because I’m true Newcastle United fashion, it will get the green light but relegation, a completely unavoidable one, will be what kills the deal.

We will win it, it’s nailed on.

Because I’m true Newcastle United fashion, it will get the green light but relegation, a completely unavoidable one, will be what kills the deal.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Bruce will become the most hated man on Tyneside