Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Dead in the water, so I've been told  :sad:

It would certainly be strange it being dead in the water less than a week after it being confirmed that it wasn’t dead in the water

Why would that be strange? Everything is alive until the moment it dies.

So you think pif have just suddenly walked away within a few days? Just as arbitration is about to start? That hasn’t started so it can’t be the case that’s dead in the water

How not?  If they've had a breakthrough in another deal and decided to drop it, or if PIF just change their mind on a whim as can be the wont of mad bone-saw weilding despots, why not?  Not saying there's any actual insider knoweldge on it being dead but I can't see how it's absolutely impossible the deal has gone from the life-support it's been on for about 6 months to dead within the space of a week.

It's The Sun like.....

[tweet]1369423739419508739[/tweet]

Thought they were only after a minority share. Wouldn’t be surprised though as Inter are a massive club and guaranteed champions league football.

If you read the Chron's story on BNG just before you read this article you'll quicky figure out who The Sun's source is.

If you're reading the Chronicle before reading the Sun, You get what you fucking deserve.

Let's be honest, we have no solid evidence PIF ever came back to the table. We know Ashley has taken the PL to arbitration, but we don't know to what end.

You mean aside from every journalist including the negative ones saying they are there waiting for a takeover.

Aside from companies house documents linked to PIF and our club being continued on Companies house only a day ago.

Aside from the club releasing a statement a few days ago saying they were pushing for this takeover to go through.

It's The Sun like.....

[tweet]1369423739419508739[/tweet]

Thought they were only after a minority share. Wouldn’t be surprised though as Inter are a massive club and guaranteed champions league football.

If you read the Chron's story on BNG just before you read this article you'll quicky figure out who The Sun's source is.

If you're reading the Chronicle before reading the Sun, You get what you f***ing deserve.

Ah ok, nice one.

Yeah. I dunno where I'm at re whether or not there'll be a positive conclusion, but I think the Saudis are still interested. And the ruling the other day made it clear what the objective of arbitration was. If arbitration goes our way, we can have our takeover.

Yeah. I dunno where I'm at re whether or not there'll be a positive conclusion, but I think the Saudis are still interested. And the ruling the other day made it clear what the objective of arbitration was. If arbitration goes our way, we can have our takeover.

Pretty much this.

Let's be honest, we have no solid evidence PIF ever came back to the table. We know Ashley has taken the PL to arbitration, but we don't know to what end.

You mean aside from every journalist including the negative ones saying they are there waiting for a takeover.

Aside from companies house documents linked to PIF and our club being continued on Companies house only a day ago.

Aside from the club releasing a statement a few days ago saying they were pushing for this takeover to go through.

I was very positive it would go through until PIF withdrew. It turns out a lot of journalists were misled by their sources, so I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to believe them this time around.

Similarly the higher ups at the club are proven liars so I'd take that with a pinch of salt too.

The Companies House stuff is interesting though. As is the stuff linked to Stavely's case against Barclays.

I'd be absolutely delighted if it went through and we could finally look forward to rebuilding the club, but I wouldn't be at all suprised if arbitration ended with a tidy settlement for Mike and everyone moving on.

If it went our way, would it not mean the PL had to come to a decision (as opposed to leaving us hanging again)?

I was very positive it would go through until PIF withdrew. It turns out a lot of journalists were misled by their sources, so I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to believe them this time around.

Similarly the higher ups at the club are proven liars so I'd take that with a pinch of salt too.

The Companies House stuff is interesting though. As is the stuff linked to Stavely's case against Barclays.

I'd be absolutely delighted if it went through and we could finally look forward to rebuilding the club, but I wouldn't be at all suprised if arbitration ended with a tidy settlement for Mike and everyone moving on.

Were they mislead by their sources or were their sources mislead by the EPL?

Seems apparent that AS has been pretty much spot on with what she said after the takeover initially fell through and the talk of piracy being an issue is only really applicable to the KSA, which of course is the whole point of arbritation and the reason AS may have felt was nothing to do with them. As tenuous as that may be I dont see  why they'd take any other stance. 

Have you not yet heard what the Arbitration Panel are (and are not) looking into?

Sounds like we wasted about 4 months challenging the neutral arbitrator, and are now considering wasting even more time appealing that failure. Nobody seems to fully understand the strategy - that third arbitrator was selected in the normal way and confirmed he was neutral.

If it went our way, would it not mean the PL had to come to a decision (as opposed to leaving us hanging again)?

My interpretation of the documents the other day was that arbitration will effectively concurrently consider a: whether or not the PL acted lawfully in being unsatisfied with the evidence provided to them re separation, and b: the fundamental argument regarding whether or not KSA and PIF are separate entities. You can't consider point A without considering point B, so I assume everything's going to be laid out. If either one of those two arguments land in our favour, we're good to go.

I don't think we'll appeal the recent decision regarding the arbitrator. Probably just bluster.

I'm not sure anyone has given any weight to The Sun article.

Fingers crossed arbitration goes in our favour and PIF are still interested in the club.

They have to be still interested otherwise it would be utterly pointless Ashley paying all this money in legal fees for arbitration only for them not to be interested.

I'm not sure anyone has given any weight to The Sun article.

Fingers crossed arbitration goes in our favour and PIF are still interested in the club.

They have to be still interested otherwise it would be utterly pointless Ashley paying all this money in legal fees for arbitration only for them not to be interested.

It wouldn't be pointless, if the arbitration determines that the PL didn't act lawfully he'd probably then have a pretty strong case to take the PL to court for damages if it caused the deal to not go ahead.

I'm not saying that is the reason he is or was first pursuing arbitration but it would be a reason to continue with it even if the deal is dead.

Can we once and for all put this fallacy to bed that Ashley is just out for damages? How many journalists have to disregard it before people stop using it to shine a negative light on the arbitration proceedings?