Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

51 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bird and Bird will be getting plenty of business out the PL, I wonder if Beloff is representing the PL in this case.

Not that I suppose it makes much difference, but that footnote on the Premier League financial documents about an ongoing issue could have been referring to this, and not our case?

The NUFC deal is the best way to deploy the most amount of capital and partner with local (PCP, RB) partners who could provide additional synergies locally and abroad. The PIF will want to see this through, assuming the league will allow them. In any case, they'd still have to pass the arbitration issue either via MA or with someone else to make this happen.

Not to mention Man United is not for sale. 

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think money aside, the Saudis would not want to look like opportunists chasing after Man U after pursuing NUFC for so long. They would put a lot of stock in the value of their word I imagine so would want to be seen as truly committed to the city and it's community. It wouldn't be a good look if they dropped everything once Man U came knocking. 

Thank god the Saudis are image-conscious bastions of morality.

They’ll drop us like a fart on the metro if Man U become available.

Edited by Candi_Hills

36 minutes ago, TRon said:

Of course they are. That was what the protests have been about all along, they don't give a shit about the ESL ditching English football, they will happily climb on board once they've got deeper pockets via middle eastern owners. 

Absolutely this. It was a combination of hating that the Glazers fleece the club and also that they can see, right before their eyes, that Man City are ever increasingly moving way ahead of them on every level. If they were still at the top of the tree there would not have been an ounce of protest.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Man Utd aren’t for sale though, are they?

There's been murmurs of it in the papers, it would take a bid of around £4bn allegedly. Although that sounds like bullshit admittedly.

5 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

They’ll drop us like a fart on the metro if Man U become available.

I really can't see the Glazers selling up. MUFC is a massive cash cow for them.

If the Saudis had agreed to buy any of the big six last year they would have been in charge by now. Blatantly obvious who runs the PL and pulling masters and co strings. 

4 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Their morality will look a lot different to ours, but I think they wouldn't want to give the impression that they are easy lays. In any case, with Amanda and the Ruebens on board I think they will stick with us if they are going to buy into the PL. Of course you would expect arrogant Man U fans to think if they click their fingers, the Saudis will drop everything and go running to the northwest. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

There's been murmurs of it in the papers, it would take a bid of around £4bn allegedly. Although that sounds like bullshit admittedly.

If the Saudi did buy Manu they’d still have to pass the O&D test, if it went through without a hitch I’d presume Ashley would have the PL in court as quick as fuck.

4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

If the Saudi did buy Manu they’d still have to pass the O&D test, if it went through without a hitch I’d presume Ashley would have the PL in court as quick as fuck.

Aye it would be so bad for so many people legally

17 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

A billion in compensation for Ashley; F all for NUFC. Sounds about right.

And by the way, if they've got their heads screwed on 300m for NUFC is a much better deal than 4bn for Salford Reds. International fans are not loyal like those daft legacy fans. Chinese and Indian kids aren't gonna want Man U gear when the oil tycoons start measuring their drills. I just hope Amanda has explained this to them.

300m acquistion + 500m on players over 3 years + 100m on infrastructure + 100m to buy Alnwick Castle for Rafa to live in = 1 billion and we're laughing

Edited by Candi_Hills

24 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

They would use some legal loophole and learn lessons from the failed takeover of Newcastle and probably use some patsy to funnel the money through, I the back of my mind I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about the whole thing.

49 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Not that I suppose it makes much difference, but that footnote on the Premier League financial documents about an ongoing issue could have been referring to this, and not our case?

Depends when City began their legal action in relation to the accounts, not sure.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

A major part of it is sportswashing though right? Which isn’t related to the purchase price or the future value. 

Agree with this, not sure making money sits as high up on their agenda as having a centrepiece for vision2030 does. 

I would have genuine concerns that they would switch their attentions to Man U given the opportunity.

Let’s not pretend if PIF get beyond the ODT and Manu come on the market that they’d stick with us. The ask after that is whether Staveley could persuade RB to commit to the club in full. 

Guest HTT II
15 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

4bn is nothing to PIF. They paid $3.5bn for a 4.3% stake in Uber. 

They did, but 4bn for Man Utd will double in cost quickly over say 300m plus 700m investment to bring NUFC upto a similar valued ‘brand’. If they wanted Man Utd, they could easily buy the club. They want NUFC to showcase among lots of other things that their investment, their expertise, their vision, can turn a tin pot sports store owner owned football club into a super elite club. There is bigger value in doing that then continuing spunking billions on Man Utd to do what they’ve done these last 30 years, win some trophies every other year. I have good friends who are from SA and it’s not simply about money, it’s about pride and showcasing how SA can transform and bring huge value to any project, sporting or otherwise. 

Edited by HTT II

Man Utd will always overshadow any potential owners and nothing they do will stand out. Man Utd in the Champions League or winning the PL is meh.

NUFC doing either of those things would bring huge publicity for PIF etc and it would be a real story. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Hhtoon said:

Man Utd will always overshadow any potential owners and nothing they do will stand out. Man Utd in the Champions League or winning the PL is meh.

NUFC doing either of those things would bring huge publicity for PIF etc and it would be a real story. 

Exactly, like with Man City, they’ve created a multi billion point elite sporting asset.

15 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They did, but 4bn for Man Utd will double in cost quickly over say 300m plus 700m investment to bring NUFC upto a similar valued ‘brand’. If they wanted Man Utd, they could easily buy the club. They want NUFC to showcase among lots of other things that their investment, their expertise, their vision, can turn a tin pot sports store owner owned football club into a super elite club. There is bigger value in doing that then continuing spunking billions on Man Utd to do what they’ve done these last 30 years, win some trophies every other year. I have good friends who are from SA and it’s not simply about money, it’s about pride and showcasing how SA can transform and bring huge value to any project, sporting or otherwise. 

Financially it obviously makes perfect sense to purchase us over Man Utd, but you have to offset this with what they're trying to achieve with Vision2030 which appears to be about diversifying their economy as well as reestablishing their image on the world stage. 

Sadly, you only need to look at this very board to see how easily their less savoury antics are forgotten at the slightest hint of investment in a football club, now multiply that impact by the substantially larger Man Utd fanbase. 

That's where the real value is. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Any attempted takeover of any other PL club by PIF would get caught up in so many legal challenges that it's a non starter.

MA would rightly sue the Premier League for more than the £350m and it would not be inconceivable for the government to get involved under anti-competition law.

There is too much floating around in terms of big 6 interference, and partner blocking through the piracy challenge / MBS link for any challenge by us to not cause enough strife for it not to be worth the hassle.

You've also got the 'side hustle' on the city development and what this will also mean for Saudi Arabia. Manchester is already tied up with Gulf money, it's just not an attractive option at the price with all of the baggage involved