Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

No. Keith's big news was going to be whatever dirt he has on the PL and to be published by Kennedy. He's now saying that the club have taken on his anti-competition case and all the relevant files and dirt have been passed to NUFC, so we still don't know the exact nature of Keith's big scoop. He's hinted enough times though - it's related to PL corruption.

As for what this means for the arbitration case, no one seems to know.

You sure?

About two weeks ago, Luke Edwards said he had heard something he was trying to verify which was bad news for the takeover and said it’ll be over.

Could quite easily be the court papers being served. Bad news because it’s an indication arbitration has failed, or will fail, to get the desired result.

Jacobs seemingly on the same path/idea too. 

I mean, going to court seeking compensation and an injunction doesn’t scream “this is going well”.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

About two weeks ago, Luke Edwards said he had heard something he was trying to verify which was bad news for the takeover and said it’ll be over.

Could quite easily be the court papers being served. Bad news because it’s an indication arbitration has failed, or will fail, to get the desired result.

I mean, going to court seeking compensation and an injunction doesn’t scream “this is going well”.

Luke Edwards [emoji38]

NUFC will have lost a shitload of money this year. Even if arbitration is won and a takeover does happen, there will still be some financial loss that ultimately with hit Ashley. He appears to be using this to recoup that loss and overturn the OD test. 

Looks separate to arbitration

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The 'news' he had was that it was Saudi money behind the ESL. Which was shot down within 24 hours 

2 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

He hasn’t a clue…..knows no more than us and makes sure he leaves all avenues open.

Yeah, there is absolutely a reason for Ashley to seek damages. The club, and ultimately him, will have been hit hard financially this year. Arbitration doesn't recoup this loss.

Just now, Wandy said:

Fuck's sake. For 5 mins I was giddy with excitement but those Jacobs tweets have punched me right in the gut again. [emoji38]

Ignore him...much of it is no more than guesswork, and posting a dialogue he wishes to happen.....he is, after all a journalist who needs clicks, so he puts out several versions of what it might mean, so he can cater for both groups of supporters....those wanting takeover and those who don’t....No one really knows how positive this latest law suit is....it might even turn out to be non productive...time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why do you think it would be necessary if arbitration was going well?

It might not be. But arbitration usually isn't a thing that gives tons of clues along the way about whether it's going well or not. It's fight it out (put on your evidence and make your arguments), put it in the hands of the arbitrators, then find out if they agree with you or not. Yeah, there are extreme cases on either end, bad or good, but most cases aren't near those extremes. And yeah you can also pick up a a sense of where it may be headed. But I can also envision circumstances where you might say, regardless of where the arbitration's at, let's see if we can do something in a different venue that may expand the scope, be faster or slower, more in the public eye, etc. I could also be dead wrong and the club's fucked in arbitration.  

Edited by B-more Mag

9 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

It might not be. But arbitration usually isn't a thing that gives tons of clues along the way about whether it's going well or not. It's fight it out (put on your evidence and make your arguments), put it in the hands of the arbitrators, then find out if they agree with you or not. Yeah, there are extreme cases on either end, bad or good, but most cases aren't near those extremes. And yeah you can also pick up a a sense of where it may be headed. But I can also envision circumstances where you might say, regardless of where the arbitration's at, let's see if we can do something in a different venue that may expand the scope, be faster or slower, more in the public eye, etc. I could also be dead wrong and the club's fucked in arbitration.  

Thanks. Final question - from what you’ve just said, do you think it’s a possibility this is being progressed to ‘threaten’ the PL that it’ll air their dirty laundry? As is also being suggested in the positive thread.

That seems to make sense. But then Jacob’s tweets also seem to make sense that say the complete opposite :lol: 

So it’s either a master stroke or the last throw of the dice (depending on which thread your in!)

Edited by RS

10 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Ignore him...much of it is no more than guesswork, and posting a dialogue he wishes to happen.....he is, after all a journalist who needs clicks, so he puts out several versions of what it might mean, so he can cater for both groups of supporters....those wanting takeover and those who don’t....No one really knows how positive this latest law suit is....it might even turn out to be non productive...time will tell.

Honestly, if this was happening at any other club and it was us looking in then I would be certain that the takeover would go through. But it is NUFC and I still just can't see it happening. Maybe I'm just too hard bitten by all of the horrendous bad luck we have had over the last 25 years.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Honestly, if this was happening at any other club and it was us looking in then I would be certain that the takeover would go through. But it is NUFC and I still just can't see it happening. Maybe I'm just too hard bitten by all of the horrendous bad luck we have had over the last 25 years.

The fact that this isn't even on the BBC just goes to show how little other clubs even think about us. This is only a big deal to us because it is us. Otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about it on this board, I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

The fact that this isn't even on the BBC just goes to show how little other clubs even think about us. This is only a big deal to us because it is us. Otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about it on this board, I'd imagine.

I'm glad they are paying it no attention tbh. I want this all done without the media raking up the muck again.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Thanks. Final question - from what you’ve just said, do you think it’s a possibility this is being progressed to ‘threaten’ the PL that it’ll air their dirty laundry? As is also being suggested in the positive thread.

That seems to make sense. But then Jacob’s tweets also seem to make sense that say the complete opposite :lol: 

This admittedly doesn't squarely answer your question, but one thing I can say with a pretty good degree of certainty, is no reputable lawyer's going to put their ass on the line in a transparent blackmail effort. Having said that, there can be many, many square miles of real estate between between trying to get into a venue where some information may come out that would make the other side super antsy and a "transparent blackmail attempt."  So, I think there could be something there. But I'd be pretty reluctant to buy whole hog into the notion that the club's in possession of a nuclear bomb that won't go off if the EPL lets this go through. I'm no fucking help, like. :lol:

2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Sort of unrelated, but live tweeting your legal strategy is almost always not a good move. :lol: Maybe it works out for Keith and the rest of us here, and, if so, fair play. But as a rule, fuck no.

Part of the strategy some would say.