Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Lawyer on true faith podcast reckons this is all about Ashley looking for compensation 

any one there getting a bit giddy should listen to it and calm down 

Edited by gdm

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

Lawyer on true faith podcast reckons this is all about Ashley looking for compensation 

any one there getting a bit giddy should listen to it and calm down 

The club will have lost a shit load of money this year and I'm sure he'll want that back, even if (big if) the takeover does happen.

Separate issues but both included in the claim. 

Edited by Hhtoon

45 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Come on I could bump a few posts on here that have derided Keith on here the last few months. Most on here have him down as a gob shite who was doing and knew fuck all.

It’s turned out somewhat different though hasn’t it. He was working closely with the club throughout and as it’s turned out the anti competition case will be used as a means to get disclosure and hopefully yes a settlement.

He’ll get no credit on here even last night proved that, but yes the majority will celebrate when this is announced. In no small thanks to a massive part played by Keith Patterson and Gordon Stein.

He posted about a "bomb" on the 24th or so and this case was entered on the 22nd. Could be a coincidence but it's very good timing if it was! At the least it appears he does have some ITK...

Looking a lot like a last throw of the dice or the start of compo. 
keith said himself that it would he better if it never got as far as the “bomb”

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Come on I could bump a few posts on here that have derided Keith on here the last few months. Most on here have him down as a gob shite who was doing and knew fuck all.

It’s turned out somewhat different though hasn’t it. He was working closely with the club throughout and as it’s turned out the anti competition case will be used as a means to get disclosure and hopefully yes a settlement.

He’ll get no credit on here even last night proved that, but yes the majority will celebrate when this is announced. In no small thanks to a massive part played by Keith Patterson and Gordon Stein.

That's not what he's said Keith, read it again.

However... #justice4keith

Edited by Shearergol

As much as we enjoy to speculate,  we're still in the dark as to how this fits into the larger legal strategy. It could be as simple as Ashley trying to reclaim some cash, it might not. It's certainly an interesting development though.

Obviously Ashley will take a payout if possible. I think given how far a long the Saudi deal was it’s quite evident he wants to sell. 

I doubt he cares who to as long as he can get his valuation. 

56 minutes ago, RS said:

Looking a lot like a last throw of the dice or the start of compo. 
keith said himself that it would he better if it never got as far as the “bomb”

Wasn't it said at the very onset that the club were approaching this from a number of avenues?

I don't see it as a last throw of the dice, its bringing option b to the table now to support option a

Unrelated and you can't really read anything into my experience (as SGTF said yesterday), but I personally don't think a new avenue being pursued is indicative of the failure of an earlier one.  When I get cases from legals, I tend to get it all at once, or just as things arise.  I can't think of any circumstance where I've batted away one part of a claim only to be met with "ah-ha! perhaps you win this round but you didn't consider this completely separate issue which I'm now bringing into play". 

8 hours ago, Wilson said:

'uncomfortable truth' ..... ' chin up'.

You're going on as if people don't want good news.  If it goes through, most people on here will be happy.... while you sit there telling everyone 'I told you so' most people will be celebrating.

This is what pisses me off about forums. People will go on for months and months, beating some wrong opinion and deriding others along the way. Then when it turns out they were talking shite, they don’t have the grace to say “sorry, I was wrong.” It’s “oh, here he is... I told you so.” I’ve seen it a million times. 

I’m increasingly dubious that Keith is just being used by NUFC to keep the story alive/keep fans interested by flogging a dead horse.

Interesting isn’t it... how MA is coming out of this looking like the saviour, fighting for NUFC to become a powerhouse. All whilst there is no protests, no disgruntlement about his ownership despite the club still spending fuck all, money and assets probably still disappearing and a donkey in charge leading us to another relegation battle.

I have no doubt Keith is connected to the club’s lawyers, but it works very well for them to have a massive gobshite peddling it to the fans 24/7.

Re: Keith, I’m big enough to admit I was at least partially wrong about him. He does like the attention but he obviously had something, I wouldn’t call it a bomb but it also isn’t nothing either.

And to those saying Mike is just looking for compo? I’d say that’s a last resort, you can’t really bring about a case like this without looking for damages, the key bit is the injunction.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Re: Keith, I’m big enough to admit I was at least partially wrong about him. He does like the attention but he obviously had something, I wouldn’t call it a bomb but it also isn’t nothing either.

And to those saying Mike is just looking for compo? I’d say that’s a last resort, you can’t really bring about a case like this without looking for damages, the key bit is the injunction.

My only issue is the fact that time and time again Ashley has done the wrong thing (for us). I just don't trust anything he's involved in.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

My only issue is the fact that time and time again Ashley has done the wrong thing (for us). I just don't trust anything he's involved in.

Neither do I, but this is the 1st time we’ve all wanted the same thing to happen. He wants his upfront large cash sale of the club and ridiculous as this may sound; probably more than us. He’s not used to not getting what he wants and he’s willing to do everything he can to get it. They’ve totally pissed him off, and he’s a massive thorn in their side with who he’s backed by. He’ll not let this drop. He either gets his sale or he’ll sue them for what it’s worth to him, which right now is £300m+.

Edited by Dokko

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Obviously Ashley will take a payout if possible. I think given how far a long the Saudi deal was it’s quite evident he wants to sell. 

I doubt he cares who to as long as he can get his valuation. 

I genuinely think he wants to actually sell to the Saudis only because he wants access to their markets over in SA...

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I genuinely think he wants to actually sell to the Saudis only because he wants access to their markets over in SA...

Yeah there’s definitely another reason here. Although the obvious reason could also be the global situation. He does his best business in times like these and 300+ million would swallow up a whole bunch of struggling brands. Perhaps cash he doesn’t have readily available to him?

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Again though, do we not think it was significant the claim was submitted so soon after being cleared in case brought by HMRC?

Case was submitted in April and the HMRC case was dropped yesterday, I think? 

I don't think what Keith is doing has anything remotely to do with the club at all. 

Everyone knows how secretive and unengaging our lot in charge is. Ashley and Charnley can barely be able to bother interacting with anyone at all regardless of the noise calling for them too.

Look at the Chronicle poll a few weeks back. I cant believe Charnley didn't see the results of it at all. A normal club would put out a response or statement in that light but as usual total silence. 

Given their record in this regard does anyone really believe that they'd engage with Keith. No doubt they're aware of his reactions, but he just gives them a convenient route to continue to say nothing, which i'd fully expect Charnley to love so that he doesn't have to actually type anything, or talk to a minion to type for him

6 hours ago, OpenC said:

I don't know any more; I had reconciled the Saudi thing in my head without too much difficulty but as we went through the ESL shambles a couple of weeks ago, part of me got thinking that I would rather stay poor and irrelevant and not become one of 'them' tbh, because we absolutely would.

Would probably be ok with it for a while, all the same :lol: :shifty:

I would hope that the consortium would stick to their earlier statements: that the club would look to rebuild the infrastructure, develop youth to compete for first team and invest locally.  That would all take a fair amount of time and money so I would hope they wouldn't start just buying up players and throwing money around foolishly.  If they were to stick to the plan and add 1-2 key acquisitions over the next few years i think we could appreciate that.

I'd much rather be more like Leicester and less like Chelski.

15 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I would hope that the consortium would stick to their earlier statements: that the club would look to rebuild the infrastructure, develop youth to compete for first team and invest locally.  That would all take a fair amount of time and money so I would hope they wouldn't start just buying up players and throwing money around foolishly.  If they were to stick to the plan and add 1-2 key acquisitions over the next few years i think we could appreciate that.

Agree, but in order of preference it would be:

1. Leicester
  2. Chelsea
  3. Mike Ashley's Newcastle

24 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I’d like to be like Leicester and slowly build. Well as long as you throw in a league title with that