Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I know he's a total fucking gimp, but the sheer audacity of that Mouth of the Tyne kid is pretty astounding.  Last week he referred to Keith as the biggest wanker on Twitter, and yesterday he claimed that he knew all along what was happening and has "seen the emails", and is heralding his "fantastic work".

20 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Why do you want to build slowly like Leicester? So you can feel a bit less dirty?

The money they'll throw at the squad will make Guardiola blush... and you'll love it.

Not me.  I've hated the Yankees for a lifetime because they bought almost all of their 27 championships.  I hate what the Dodgers are doing now.  I'm a Mets fan too and I'm glad the Mets didn't buy up Springer and Bauer and trade for Arenado because that just wouldn't feel right.

Obviously I want to win but I also want to identify with the players.

4 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Not me.  I've hated the Yankees for a lifetime because they bought almost all of their 27 championships.  I hate what the Dodgers are doing now.  I'm a Mets fan too and I'm glad the Mets didn't buy up Springer and Bauer and trade for Arenado because that just wouldn't feel right.

Guessing these are teams of some description? :-)

In Ashley's ideal world he gets the club sold and compo and a personal apology card from Masters with a £20 tucked inside. His grubby money net is cast as far and wide as possible so I'm never of the opinion any one action signals the end of any other for him. Never either/or.

Edited by thomas

13 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I've hated the Yankees for a lifetime because they bought almost all of their 27 championships. 

:sweetjesus:

8 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I hate what the Dodgers are doing now.

:megusta:

8 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I'm a Mets fan too

:scared:

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

:thup: :hello2:

Guest reefatoon

Anything going on in the realists chat for us the pore over, dissect and deeply discuss? Oh, nothing since Friday and that was yankees chat. Was hoping for some realist chat in here with the normal folk ;)

It's essentially just dividing realism vs optimism, really. Such as the transfer thread vs twitter bullshit thread - this so the one thread doesn't get filled with stuff people don't want to read. It's not hard to understand. Outlandishly positive things go in here and people who wish to discuss those things have free reign. More realistic/toned-down stuff go in the main thread. A tweet daying Bruce is close to signing Haaland doesn't go in the realistic transfers thread, to put it like that, but there's room for that tweet somewhere on the forum - and that's what has always made this forum great.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Anything going on in the realists chat for us the pore over, dissect and deeply discuss? Oh, nothing since Friday and that was yankees chat. Was hoping for some realist chat in here with the normal folk ;)

I’ll engage. I chuckled at the dark forces quote like I hoped everyone did here, as it was peak Ashley. 

For the takeover to be playing out in the courts, it tells the realist in me that it’s far from done. That means we’ll be stuck with Ashley and Cabbage Heed for next season. 

Rinse and repeat exactly the same season we just had, with a few unexpected wins, shit signings and maybe some sort of verdict from litigation in the fall. I expect it to not be favourable, because Newcastle. 

I’m pleased it appears cogs are still turning, but I just don’t see a scenario where the PL back down or they’ve left themselves open to be ripped a new one in court.

I sincerely hope it goes through. I can’t deal with another season of Bruce or Ashley.

Mad that we were sat here this time last year actually believing we were days away from an announcement.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I’ll engage. I chuckled at the dark forces quote like I hoped everyone did here, as it was peak Ashley. 

For the takeover to be playing out in the courts, it tells the realist in me that it’s far from done. That means we’ll be stuck with Ashley and Cabbage Heed for next season. 

Rinse and repeat exactly the same season we just had, with a few unexpected wins, shit signings and maybe some sort of verdict from litigation in the fall. I expect it to not be favourable, because Newcastle. 

What gives me some hope is Ashley seems fully intent on selling up now. It genuinely seems like he wants out this time (look at the effort he is putting in). We all know how much of a bastard he is and he always likes to have it go exactly his way, which for the first time can work in our favour too.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I’m pleased it appears cogs are still turning, but I just don’t see a scenario where the PL back down or they’ve left themselves open to be ripped a new one in court.

I sincerely hope it goes through. I can’t deal with another season of Bruce or Ashley.

Mad that we were sat here this time last year actually believing we were days away from an announcement.

The cogs are turning in terms of Ashley attempting to get some recompense for it being "blocked" (blocked very much in inverted commas) but the takeover itself is dead in the water with the buyers who were interested at the time. 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The amount of time has been a massive drain on everyone. Remember how flat it all felt when it went tits up last July. The good thing is, this can’t now ride on forever without an answer, we are going to find out one way or another if we can have the takeover or not.

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

Are people now more confident of the takeover after the recent news?

I can't say i am.

I won’t be until there is something concrete that suggests the PL are willing to move. Ashley forcing through a court battle doesn’t suggest that at all.

All of the pro-PL journalists still seem to infer the PL are happy where they are too.

13 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

What gives me some hope is Ashley seems fully intent on selling up now. It genuinely seems like he wants out this time (look at the effort he is putting in). We all know how much of a bastard he is and he always likes to have it go exactly his way, which for the first time can work in our favour too.

Completely agreed, mate. My fear is that it’s a group of chancers, but whatever isn’t Ashley is at least the form of change. What we all want is some type of effort that shows owners are putting money made by the club, back into the club. 

I’ll be happy if we reinvest and hire football people who can give us some direction and development as a bigger club in England. That’s it, all I ask.

Edited by The Bonk

I think it is clear Ashley is doing everything in his power to see this through which is clearly a positive.

I'm not so sure it'll force the Premier League to approve the sale like many others are though and for me it is a near certainty that Ashley will still own us come the beginning of next season and that's nothing to do with how likely we are to win arbitration or the anti-competition case, it's purely on the time frame these things are likely to take to conclude.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

What I hate is that we'll now go through another extended period of silence until the next news comes out.

I fancy a spicy statement from the Premier League a week on Wednesday.