Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I think we’ll have a new owner of this club within 12 months. I’m confident of that.

The recent news, it doesn’t really change much. We’re still up against an institution that’s hell bent on protecting this big 6 that are commercially viable.

NUFC could have and should have been that, but let’s face it, after Robson threatened to spoil the party with our 3rd place finish, we’ve done fuck all to merit being considered a big club (commercially)

My thoughts are that this news means they want to accelerate the process as I would assume the interest KSA/PIF have in this project is time limited. They will get pissed off and walk away for good at some point.

I wonder how things will play out if this goes through. There'll be bad blood there forever. The corrupt 6 will probably do everything they can to limit our spending and they'll fund endless media campaigns against Saudi Arabia and try to rally people against us.

Just now, Wilson said:

Hope it goes through, there is bad blood and everyone hates us. 

Fuck them all.

Yep, I feel the same. They can write as many bad articles as they want. Anything is better than our club in it's current form.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Any other resources apart from nufc supporters and the chron reporting on anything about the takeover?

Media prefer to be concentrating on whether Fat Sam stays with the Baggies after his first relegation, than be concerned with significant ongoing legal proceedings against the PL and hence our possible takeover. 

3 hours ago, Candi_Hills said:

I wonder how things will play out if this goes through. There'll be bad blood there forever. The corrupt 6 will probably do everything they can to limit our spending and they'll fund endless media campaigns against Saudi Arabia and try to rally people against us.

Just ask Man City fans and they will probably tell you. It's not something that we notice, but if you read their forums you will quickly see how alert they are to the negative media they have received since winning the football lottery in 2008.

On 09/05/2021 at 20:01, cubaricho said:

Absolutely.

What is making people more confident the takeover is happening?  I am curious.

If Ashley wins his case he will get a payout - how does that benefit the club?  There is no guarantee PIF will come back in.

3 minutes ago, duo said:

If Ashley wins his case he will get a payout - how does that benefit the club?  There is no guarantee PIF will come back in.

I'd imagine to get his payout, there would have to be an admission of possible wrongdoing somewhere down that line?

No idea, just how I've interpreted it.

3 minutes ago, duo said:

It’s not simply about financial compensation- it is also to get the PL to apply and provide a result for the owners/directors test which they failed to give a verdict on for months. Do you seriously think PIF aren’t still there in the background in all this? 

15 minutes ago, duo said:

I agree he gets his payout, but I believe it’s in the form of selling the club. And that’s what he’s after.

Lots of talk about getting or destroying evidence in the other thread but I don’t think it ever even gets that far - this will never actually see the courts.

I believe this is a play to force the PL to say “yeah we took a second look and everything looks great, takeover approved” to save the PL the embarrassment that is clearly there and not some massive strategy just to get Ashley $$, you just can’t come out and say that as NUFC you have to take it to them as an actual court case. 

Just now, Ben said:

If the deal goes through for £305 million how much will Ashley have made from Nufc over the past 14 years ? 

We’ll never know, given the free advertising for his other businesses that NUFC do but aren’t paid for. It’s a lot more than just the simple financial cash value. 

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

We’ll never know, given the free advertising for his other businesses that NUFC do but aren’t paid for. It’s a lot more than just the simple financial cash value. 

Aye your probably right, I wonder if the rumours that Ashley's family will be given a directors box for life as part of the deal are true.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye your probably right, I wonder if the rumours that Ashley's family will be given a directors box for life as part of the deal are true.

Possibly. As well as having permanent clauses that the stadium be renamed after Mike himself, and the Gallowgate after Wor Brewcie as a last ‘fuck you’ to the fans. 

3 hours ago, Manxst said:

It’s not simply about financial compensation- it is also to get the PL to apply and provide a result for the owners/directors test which they failed to give a verdict on for months. Do you seriously think PIF aren’t still there in the background in all this? 

Someone posted this earlier https://www.catribunal.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-05/1402_St_James_Summary_060521.pdf

I might be interpreting it wrong but it suggests that they did make a decision when it says:

The Claimant seeks:

(2) An injunction requiring the Defendant to withdraw the Director Decision and/or to reconsider the

same.

Is it possible they did reject it but it wasn't made public?  

Edited by Wilson

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Someone posted this earlier https://www.catribunal.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-05/1402_St_James_Summary_060521.pdf

I might be interpreting it wrong but it suggests that they did make a decision when it says:

Wasn't it revealed recently that the PL wrote to the club saying it would be knocked back, pretty sure I read that in the last few weeks, but not sure where to be honest.

3 hours ago, Manxst said:

Honestly I have no idea - but what I do know if Ashley wins his case he is the only 'guaranteed' winner in this.  We're still reliant on 'hope' that it re-awakens the interest of PIF.

20 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I think the ‘Director decision’ means the decision about MBS/ the Saudi state being a director, not the decision about the outcome of the whole test. 

11 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I don't think so, it states that:

The Claim states that the Defendant exercised its power to block the Proposed Takeover when it decided between June and September 2020 that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would be a director exercising “control” over NUFC, for the purposes of the Rules (“the Director Decision”).

It's stating that it was the decision that Saudi Arabia would be a director, not that it was blocked by disqualifying the proposed directors, which would be effect of a formal decision.

We know from what was said by the PL in response to Ashley's statement in September that the PL made determinations in June and September that Saudi Arabia would be a director, but didn't make a formal decision disqualifying the other directors, so I think that is what is being referred to.