Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

You are actually the worst poster on these takeover threads. At least those who are negative/cynical give reasoning behind their opinions. You just drop in every few days to make the same bullshit statement, knowing fine well it will just irritate everyone, and then bugger off again for a few days. You are a troll.

My articulate response . . . 

:mike:;D

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

Surely some sort of deal could be done to sell to Mandy and the Ruebens and then add the Saudis later?

It's going to be interesting to see how committed and what any future plans are if the arbitration case doesn't go their way. Will things get ugly and carry on, or will it be a case of that's it dead and buried.

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It's going to be interesting to see how committed and what any future plans are if the arbitration case doesn't go their way. Will things get ugly and carry on, or will it be a case of that's it dead and buried.

If the Reubens had any intention of doing this it would surely have happened by now.

What happened to Staveleys case against Barlclays btw, did she just lose the whole thing?

I thought Keith made it pretty clear last week that he gets all his craic from QC O’Donoghue. I was a bit worried at first that he had some Micky Mouse solicitor on it, like Warwick Davis and his accountant.

Just a hypothetical... If we steam roller them in count or they fold and agree to settle at the first whiff of disclosure, would your opinion of Keith change? It would after all mean he was right all along - rock solid case, never in doubt etc.

Edited by Candi_Hills

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

If the Reubens had any intention of doing this it would surely have happened by now.

What happened to Staveleys case against Barlclays btw, did she just lose the whole thing?

Yeah, the Reubens clearly don't want overall control and are happy to just have a small percentage. If it does go down the pan and PIF back away for good, you get the feeling Staveley and the Reubans will be out there looking for other investors (which could take god knows how long). We just need this to work, so we as a club can just move on instead of this purgatory we have been stuck in for the last year. One way or another, this just needs ending.

Not sure about Staveley's case, was she going to appeal? 

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

I thought Keith made it pretty clear last week that he gets all his craic from QC O’Donoghue. I was a bit worried at first that he had some Micky Mouse solicitor on it, like Warwick Davis and his accountant.

Just a hypothetical... If we steam roller them in count or they fold and agree to settle at the first whiff of disclosure, would your opinion of Keith change? It would after all mean he was right all along - rock solid case, never in doubt etc.

I don't have an issue with the idea that he has some strong evidence that can win the day. It's the way he holds himself that is the problem. He's making himself, and therefore the rest of us, look ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, manorpark said:

My articulate response . . . 

:mike:;D

Every post you make is designed to inflame and irritate. You have absolutely nothing else in your locker. Troll.

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Yeah, the Reubens clearly don't want overall control and are happy to just have a small percentage. If it does go down the pan and PIF back away for good, you get the feeling Staveley and the Reubans will be out there looking for other investors (which could take god knows how long). We just need this to work, so we as a club can just move on instead of this purgatory we have been stuck in for the last year. One way or another, this just needs ending.

oh jya she lost the lot, doesn't sound worth appealing against either tbh from what the judge said

13 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Not that we want to envision a world where PIF walk away forever, but I’m wondering how long it will be until Staveley (with or without the Ruebens) decides to try one of those leveraged buyouts the Glazers made look so savvy? 

Edited by Raconteur

Guest reefatoon

Remember way back last year when this was all looking a formality and we were saying it hadn't been announced yet as the pubs were closed and it would cause chaos. They are obviously just waiting until June 21st before announcing so everyone can celebrate properly. The Premier League were thinking about us the whole time ;)

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Not that we want to envision a world where PIF walk away forever, but I’m wondering how long it will be until Staveley (with or without the Ruebens) decides to try one of those leveraged buyouts the Glazers made look so savvy? 

Just hope she doesn't get that desperate that she goes in for a percentage with Ashley. :harry:

15 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Every post you make is designed to inflame and irritate. You have absolutely nothing else in your locker. Troll.

Yet plenty of people continue to respond and get wound up by it.
You'd think they would learn to deal with it by now. 

The judge said that Barclays had acted deceptively and improperly but didn't award her any damages on some technicality.

So she basically wasn't wrong in her case.. She just didn't have enough to nail them.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

The judge said that Barclays had acted deceptively and improperly but didn't award her any damages on some technicality.

So she basically wasn't wrong in her case.. She just didn't have enough to nail them.

Foreboding 

25 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I don't normally respond to posts like this.

I have explained the facts and the logic of my conclusions so many times in the past, I am the exact and precise opposite of (what you describe) a "Troll".

While trying not to repeat myself, the current run of events leads me to the ever more certain belief that it is only a matter of time until our Takeover is approved, the logical conclusion of all of this is - Approval.

I dislike the vitriol that is addressed - without foundation - at people like me, Whitley, and Keith.

There is no need for it, it is irrational, and I wish you would just stop.

Having said that, if you choose to continue, then so be it, that attitude will have no impact on the Takover, it is just unnecessary and disappointing.

We are all Newcastle United Supporters, can some of you on here not remember that when considering a response to people who believe (very) differently from you about NUFCs imminent future.

There, I have responded, ok? 

Edited by manorpark

Imagine this place if the takeover actually does happen. It’s going to be even more ridiculous than it has been at times, but at least we will all be arguing about which formation to get the best out of Haaland....

11 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I have explained the facts and the logic of my conclusions so many times in the past, I am the exact and precise opposite of (what you describe) a "Troll".

While trying not to repeat myself, the current run of events leads me to the ever more certain belief that it is only a matter of time until our Takeover is approved, the logical conclusion of all of this is - Approval.

I dislike the vitriol that is addressed - without foundation - at people like me, Whitley, and Keith.

Having said that, if you choose to continue, then so be it, that attitude will have no impact on the Takover, it is just unnecessary and disappointing.

We are all Newcastle United Supporters, can some of you on here not remember that when considering a response to people who believe (very) differently from you about NUFCs imminent future.

You haven't presented any facts or logic at all. You have just noted that Ashley is taking action against the PL and assumed that he is going to win. There is glaring evidence out there right now that it's going to be an uphill struggle to win. The club has a chance but the odds are 50/50 at best.

25 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Every chance that the CAT ends up like that. Gotta love the way law works eh?

40 minutes ago, Robster said:

Yet plenty of people continue to respond and get wound up by it.
You'd think they would learn to deal with it by now. 

Why should they have to ‘deal with it’? The guy is a troll and only posts on the takeover threads. Has no interest in any other aspect of the club or the forum. It shouldn’t be up for everyone else just accept it 

35 minutes ago, manorpark said:

It's just how you keep rambling on about it being a foregone conclusion that it's happening.

No one on here has a clue what's happening behind the scenes so stop pretending that you do.

Yes obviously discuss it, that's what the thread is for but constantly saying it's happening is doing people's tits in.

It just makes you look ridiculous, i'm not even having a go at you, you are probably a sound person, i'm just saying.

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why should they have to ‘deal with it’? The guy is a troll and only posts on the takeover threads. Has no interest in any other aspect of the club or the forum. It shouldn’t be up for everyone else just accept it 

Because it's been so repetitive, surely it's boring now to everyone who's been on this forum for longer than six months.
I can only talk about myself personally but I did get wound up by them too in the early days but as time has worn on,  it's been easy to just scroll past them and not be bothered by them.