Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

Big River

4 minutes ago, triggs said:

Saw it mentioned elsewhere but if he pulls through he's so lucky (might not be the right word) it happened on such a big stage with so much medical attention and equipment available

Also the biggest state-of-the-art hospital in Denmark is literally next door to Parken.

People in the stadium are being told there will be an update at 20.45 CET on whether the game will be continued, rescheduled or cancelled. (Edit: Another user beat me to it) 

Edited by BroonLass

Just now, B-more Mag said:

Would be insane to restart it.

I don't think they will, given it was an official UEFA piece of comms they've probably just listed the potential options ahead of that meeting, whilst already knowing it would be crazy to re-kick-off later today.

8 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

My wife went into v-tach rhythm back in March and had to have compressions and such. Luckily it happened when she was already in the hospital. Had bypass surgery and is now doing great. Can only hope the quick medical response results in something like that or better for him.

Glad your wife is okay mate.

Such a great response by the medics and really great to see how well prepared they are for this sort of thing. Hopefully it's a full recovery like it's looking like at the minute.

One of the unfortunate realities of high level sport. Honestly amazed how rarely these sorts of events take place considering the extent to which these athletes push themselves.

Can't restart the game like that. Sensible decision is to play it tomorrow and knock the other fixtures back 24 hours if necessary. It looks encouraging for Eriksen which is the only thing that really matters tbh. 

Horrific situation to watch through the TV, really hit hard watching that, can only imagine how his teammates are feeling. Fantastic to see him going out sat up!

There shouldn't even be anything to talk about though, this game doesn't go ahead, for the sake of the players, officials and family.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

The players will all need some kind of aftecare, given what's happened - even if he is gonna be OK. No way the game can be played tonight.

Honestly feel like I need counselling after that. Goodness knows what the players must be feeling.